Garmin 60CSx question

Hey all,,,,,, when I hook my Garmin 60 Csx to my laptop USB to USB mini,,, I don't have another drive letter show up in the wiindows XP explorer.... I thought it would show another storage drive even if it is empty,,,, no data.... I have tried everything I can think of and can't read/see the internal micro SD card in the GPS..... I haven't bought any mapping programs as of yet but I would think you need to read this as another drive after coupling it to computer..... Am I right or wrong in my thinking?????? Or is there something you need to tell your PC or GPSr for it to see it (the micro SD card)...... I do have a micro card SD adapter and a usb card reader and after hooking it up that way it will locate a storage drive letter.....

Thanks

Skip

The 60CSx will not show up as a drive letter unless you put it into Mass Storage Mode. To do this go to Setup -- Interface, and then arrow down to the Mass Storage Mode button and push enter. I will tell you though that using the adapter and card reader is likely to be much faster (usb 1.0 vs. usb 2.0)

Edited by roadrage64