New to Geocaching

flyangler18

Howdy all!

New to the world of geocaching after tagging along with a buddy recently. My wife and I are avid hikers and backpackers, so this is a natural progression as I see it.

Looking at the Garmin eTrek Venture HC as a first unit.

Looking forward to participating in the community here.

Jason

Welcome to the game! I'm sure you'll find not only the activity fun, but the other players are also a great bunch of people. If you get the chance get hooked up with a local geocaching organization in your area do it because you'll meet lots of new people and probably learn a few tricks of the game too. Happy caching!!!! :unsure:

Welcome to the game! I'm sure you'll find not only the activity fun, but the other players are also a great bunch of people. If you get the chance get hooked up with a local geocaching organization in your area do it because you'll meet lots of new people and probably learn a few tricks of the game too. Happy caching!!!! :unsure:

Thanks for the replies and welcome, all! I'm eager to get the unit in hand and do some caching on my own. Just poking around the GeoCaching website has turned up a good number of caches within a few short miles of home.

:lol:

Always looking to meetup with local cachers, too! I understand the importance of networking in any new pursuit.