I think I found a Geocoin

TomToad

I found a coin in a cache yesterday. The coin is in a plastic pouch with "Retrieve your activation code at www.geocoinclub.com/code.php"

Also has "Write the activation code below:"

The coin was found in a baggie dedicated for trackables, but on the pouch is written "SWAG"

There are no other codes or numbers on the coin.

the coin has on one side a picture of an angel holding the earth with the caption "Protected by Angels" on top. The reverse side has 9 angels surrounding the earth and "©AngelStar"

I have searched everywhere as what to do with this coin. geocoinclub does not have this coin listed as one of its geocoins. Is this just a custom coin someone placed as swag and used an old geocoin pouch to keep it in? Is it an unactivated geocoin left for the finder?

tia TomToad

I found a coin in a cache yesterday. The coin is in a plastic pouch with "Retrieve your activation code at www.geocoinclub.com/code.php"

Also has "Write the activation code below:"

The coin was found in a baggie dedicated for trackables, but on the pouch is written "SWAG"

There are no other codes or numbers on the coin.

the coin has on one side a picture of an angel holding the earth with the caption "Protected by Angels" on top. The reverse side has 9 angels surrounding the earth and "©AngelStar"

I have searched everywhere as what to do with this coin. geocoinclub does not have this coin listed as one of its geocoins. Is this just a custom coin someone placed as swag and used an old geocoin pouch to keep it in? Is it an unactivated geocoin left for the finder?

tia TomToad

I found it on ebay cache angel

Looks like its not trackable

Sounds like you found a mystery coin of sorts. How exciting for you!!

If there is a 6 figure code etched on it that's the tracking number and if you enter that in the gcc fields you should be able to retrieve the activation code. If there is no such number it's not a trackable. Either way this one sounds like it's not someone's traveller so it must be traded fairly for.

Curiosity got the better of me and I had to go searching. Found this on a site called AngelStar. If this is what you found, then it's just some nice swag : )

angelstartoken.jpg

That's it. Never thought of looking for a site called AngelStar. Found a retailer and found that it sells for $2. Even less when buying multiple. So I don't feel too bad for leaving a $1 item; however the next time I'm near the cache I'll have to leave a little something else.

Maybe this will become someone's sig item here.