Cache Guardians?

GreyLurk

I ran into my first Cache Guardian today, a juvenile rattlesnake asleep right at Ground Zero. I'm just curious what other sorts of Cache Guardians folks have run into.

I see the HUGE Green and Black pine spiders all the time and usually, they never fail to make me hurt myself... :(

Edited by wkmccall

I ran into my first Cache Guardian today, a juvenile rattlesnake asleep right at Ground Zero. I'm just curious what other sorts of Cache Guardians folks have run into.

Must be that time of year. To quote the logs of myself and my cache partner from last week:

"GC1JBMD Traditional Cache Brazos River Run

April 12 by Harusee (36 found)

Stopped by today with Gimpy13 and there was a rather intimidating snake. There is a little culvert some distance in from the parking area and laying out about half way was a snake. It moved pretty quickly and I did not want to tangle with it or it's buddies so we decided to leave this for a cold, drought day. Maybe next January.

[view this log]

April 12 by Gimpy13 (63 found)

SNAKE. Freaking R-A-T-T-L-E-S-N-A-K-E. This is so totally a didn't find it - and it will probably stay that way. SNAKE!!!!!

(Probably wouldn't have even been there if it hadn't rained so much - but it was under the little culvert about halfway back from the parking area so anyone who goes out there please be aware.)

Oh, did I mention... SNAKE!

(You might have noticed by now that I have a problem with SNAKES.) "

I'm very impressed that you got a photo! Ours was not asleep but that would have made no difference - I still would have broken a land speed record for scaredy cats running away.

April 12 by Gimpy13 (63 found)

SNAKE. Freaking R-A-T-T-L-E-S-N-A-K-E. This is so totally a didn't find it - and it will probably stay that way. SNAKE!!!!!

(Probably wouldn't have even been there if it hadn't rained so much - but it was under the little culvert about halfway back from the parking area so anyone who goes out there please be aware.)

Oh, did I mention... SNAKE!

(You might have noticed by now that I have a problem with SNAKES.) "

I'm very impressed that you got a photo! Ours was not asleep but that would have made no difference - I still would have broken a land speed record for scaredy cats running away.

Hehe, well we own a 6ft long Red Tailed Boa so we're not overly fearful of snakes. Of course, we respect them, especially the poisonous one, so Greylurk got this pic from 5 ft away on maximum camera zoom! Don't mess with snakes in the wild, you never know what's gonna happen.

Personally, my phobia is ticks. I have no problem with most insects and even spiders are ok. But once i got a tick on me and as soon as i saw it i freaked out. Couldn't bring myself to touch it even to get it out of my skin! Fortunately there was someone present who could handle the extraction without freaking out or passing out, which i might have done had i been forced to make the removal on my own. Now I check every time we go out to a wooded area. Or rather, I make Greylurk check!!!

:/