Caches along a route bug?

Jamie Z

I didn't see this mentioned...

I've just created a PQ for a route.

http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/urquery.a...38-8ab5993cfaff

I've selected my preferred cache types and saved the query. It doesn't remember the cache types I've selected. My query previews with cache types I unselected. When I go back to the PQ page to double-check that I've selected the right types, all the checkboxes are empty.

Jamie

Did you select the "Selected Types" radio button first and then make the individual selections? (The "Any Type" radio button should deselect automatically".) If you don't do that and just select the individual cache types, the system won't recognize your selections (the "Any Type" takes precedence).

Edited by Cache O'Plenty

Did you select the "Selected Types" radio button first and then make the individual selections?

There's no "Selected Types" button.

Perhaps a visual would help.

This is how I set my PQ:

routebug.jpg

Thn I scroll to the bottom and click Submit Information. The screen reloads and this is what I see.

routebug2.jpg

As you can see, all my selections have been lost. And not even "Any Cache Type" is checked.

Jamie

I stand corrected. I had used a regular PQ to check the action of the "Any Type" section. Now I've checked one of my Route queries and find that the problem does exist. In fact, I can't even edit the Cache Type section as the kinds are all greyed out, even if I uncheck the Any Type box.

Seems recreation is the only option at the moment. But this does need TPTB's attention.

The other sections react differently, which I find odd.

I didn't see this mentioned...

I've just created a PQ for a route.

http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/urquery.a...38-8ab5993cfaff

I've selected my preferred cache types and saved the query. It doesn't remember the cache types I've selected. My query previews with cache types I unselected. When I go back to the PQ page to double-check that I've selected the right types, all the checkboxes are empty.

Jamie

I have a bug open for this already. In my experience the route will not let you edit the types away from what had been selected at the time it was created. Editing a route PQ has no effect.

Edited by OpinioNate
I have a bug open for this already.

Great.

Fortunately, it's not a loss of functionality. It simply means I have to apply a filter to my PQ results when I get them. At least for me, it's not a big deal, though I thought I'd mention it.

Jamie