COINTEST: Adoption Day Celebration!

Riley the GeoDog

I just finished my doggie cookies and ice cream and I want to continue to celebrate. You see, one year ago ago today Mom adopted me and brought me to my furever home. Yep its furever because she says the fur is everywhere. :( To continue to celebrate, she said I could have some cointests! She told me that some of the questions will require research and some just guesses or luck.

She has a bag of coins and will grab one out for each winner. Some are trackable and some not. Any trackable coins awarded I will activate and ADOPT TO THE WINNER since this is an adoption cointest!!! We hope that you will enter those coins in the Todie's Wild Ride contest where you will have a chance to win more prizes. Todie's Wild Ride thread We can help you set the coin up correctly if you want.

Mom told me the rules and these are the ones I remember. I think they are similar to a lot of other cointests but pay attention!!! If I forget a rule she will let everyone know.

RULES

1) First of all you need to know that Mom is LadyBee4T and she will decide the winners.

2) No editing at all or your post won't count

3) Each post needs to have a safety phrase like those in the TWR cointests that go on in that thread all the time. Phrases can be Look Twice for Bikes, Wear your helmet, Wear protective gear and save your Rear, and those type of things to help promote biker safety. Don't forget your safety phrase because even if you have all the right answers your post won't count and remember no editing either.

4) 10 minutes between guesses so if you make a mistake it will take 10 minutes to fix it!

5) I'm the only one that is allowed to whine!

6) Hints may or may not be given at any time

7) All the answers must be in the same post along with the safety phrase to win.

She just handed me the first question so here we go. This should be an easy one. Woof Woof

COINTEST #1

Since her last cointest she has attended another concert/show.

1) What is the name of the contest/show?

2) Name both the venue and the city and state where it took place

3) How much did she pay for her ticket?

Have fun!

I just finished my doggie cookies and ice cream and I want to continue to celebrate. You see, one year ago ago today Mom adopted me and brought me to my furever home. Yep its furever because she says the fur is everywhere. :huh: To continue to celebrate, she said I could have some cointests! She told me that some of the questions will require research and some just guesses or luck.

She has a bag of coins and will grab one out for each winner. Some are trackable and some not. Any trackable coins awarded I will activate and ADOPT TO THE WINNER since this is an adoption cointest!!! We hope that you will enter those coins in the Todie's Wild Ride contest where you will have a chance to win more prizes. Todie's Wild Ride thread We can help you set the coin up correctly if you want.

Mom told me the rules and these are the ones I remember. I think they are similar to a lot of other cointests but pay attention!!! If I forget a rule she will let everyone know.

RULES

1) First of all you need to know that Mom is LadyBee4T and she will decide the winners.

2) No editing at all or your post won't count

3) Each post needs to have a safety phrase like those in the TWR cointests that go on in that thread all the time. Phrases can be Look Twice for Bikes, Wear your helmet, Wear protective gear and save your Rear, and those type of things to help promote biker safety. Don't forget your safety phrase because even if you have all the right answers your post won't count and remember no editing either.

4) 10 minutes between guesses so if you make a mistake it will take 10 minutes to fix it!

5) I'm the only one that is allowed to whine!

6) Hints may or may not be given at any time

7) All the answers must be in the same post along with the safety phrase to win.

She just handed me the first question so here we go. This should be an easy one. Woof Woof

COINTEST #1

Since her last cointest she has attended another concert/show.

3) How much did she pay for her ticket?

Have fun!

Our Guess:

Detroit Symphony Orchestra, Pops series, "The Music of Billy Joel & More," featuring conductor Steven Reineke and pianist and vocalist Michael Cavanaugh

2) Name both the venue and the city and state where it took place: Orchestra Hall at Max M. Fisher Music Center, 3711 Woodward, Detroit.

3) How much did she pay for her ticket? $19-$105, depending on seating

Just a wild guess :(

Always allow enough room in front and behind you while driving.

No Tailgating.

:( Congrats Riley with 1 year adoption :huh: .

i just feel i was by your adoption. :P

I was very tough when your mum decide to adopt you. :lol:

1) What is the name of the contest/show? fleet wood mac

2) Name both the venue and the city and state where it took place Xcel Energy Center st paul mn 3 march 2009

3) How much did she pay for her ticket? 45 dollar

:lol::o:)

never leave a dog alone in the car

1) What is the name of the contest/show? less then jake

Saint Andrews Hall

431 E Congress St Detroit ,MI 48226 21 march.

3) How much did she pay for her ticket? nothing because you got it as gift.

drive safe and wear your helmet

1) What is the name of the contest/show? less then jake

Saint Andrews Hall

431 E Congress St Detroit ,MI 48226 21 march.

3) How much did she pay for her ticket? nothing because you got it as gift. I like this answer. Its not exactly right but she says its good!!

drive safe and wear your helmet

Much to Martha Reeves chagrin it wasn't held in the city of Detroit.

3) How much did she pay for her ticket? nothing because you got it as gift. I like this answer. She says its not exactly right but I think its good!!

Much to Martha Reeves chagrin it wasn't held in the city of Detroit.

Riley likes that answer but its not quite right and might throw you off in your search

1)Jay Leno "Comedy Stimulus Plan"

2)Palace of Aburn Hills Auburn Hills, Mi

3)Was a free show for the unemployed people in Mi

Wow! What a cool thing for him to do!

Helmets Save Lives! Please Wear One!

JayLeno.jpg

DING!! DING!! DING!! We have a WINNER!!

I live near Detroit which calls itself the Motor Capital of the World. Right now though there is a VERY high rate of unemployment. Jay Leno is a big car buff and he wanted to do something for the area so he had his own stimulus package. For the unemployed he put on two shows. He brought down the house with his introduction “Hello Detroit! Whoops I mean Auburn Hills” Why is that funny you might ask. Well the Detroit City Council and especially Martha Reeves were pretty upset with him for not having his shows inside the Detroit city limits and let their opinions be known. After the media got hold of that the Council was the butt of jokes for quite awhile.

The parking was free and as we walked in the door we were given a bag of doritos and a voucher for a coke. The Palace is a coke venue but Pepsi was one of the sponsors. As we came out after the show, Pepsi was there on the sidewalk and handed out cans of Pepsi. Free parking, free show, soft drinks and chips to boot. How cool is that!!!

Now if he could just pay my mortgage.....

Edited by LadyBee4T

A. Jay's Comedy Stimulus Plan

B. Palace of Aburn Hills Auburn Hills, Mi

C. Was a free show for the unemployed people in Mi

I realized I forgot my safety phrase right when I clicked 'Add Reply'....Aarrgghhhh...

Rolling Stops Kill....

I've done that too and I hate it when it happens. :(

I will find my next question before too long and give it to Riley to post.......

Mom finally woke me up from my nap to give me the next question so here it is....

COINTEST #2

Over the last month or so Mom has attended several events. I want to know how many caches she found and how many she didn't find for the 3 events below

1) Detroit/Belle Isle Year IV GC1K85E

# found

# DNF

2) GeoChicks!! Celebrate!! GC1MPNG

# found

# DNF

3) April Monthly S.E. MIGO Meet & Eat GC1N6VE

# found

# DNF

I'm going to start you off with a hint too. I think you would like to know though that it could be tricky for the Belle Isle event. You see the old caches are archived the day of the event or the next day. The new caches are raffled off that day for the FTF and the coordinates for all the new caches are available that day but aren't published until the next day. Soooo that means the day of the event you can hunt for both the old caches and the new ones.

Same rules as before and be sure you put in that safety phrase!!!

# found 38

# DNF 0

# found 1[event]

# DNF 0

# found 1[event]

# DNF 0

Look twice and save a life

Now no oopsssssss :(

Good luck every body :huh:

Congrats team cedo

# found 38

# DNF 0

# found 1[event]

# DNF 0

# found 1[event]

# DNF 0

Now no oopsssssss :P

Good luck every body :D

Congrats team cedo

Riley i sure don't understand you. :unsure:

Maybe i most call Error :lol:

38 caches

0 dnf

# found 38

# DNF 0

# found 1[event]

# DNF 0

# found 1[event]

# DNF 0

Now no oopsssssss :P

Good luck every body :D

Congrats team cedo

Riley i sure don't understand you. :unsure:

Maybe i most call Error :lol:

38 caches

0 dnf

I just mean don't count the event itself just the number of actual caches and the dnf ones for each of the events. You are doing welll!!! Does that help?

She did find at least one cache at each event so that is another hint.

1. 29 finds

3 DNFs

2. 1 find

0 DNS

3. 1 find since you didn't have as much time there as you would have liked.

0 DNFs

Ride like your life depended on it.

3 of these answers are correct........

Big Whoops My BADDDD Only 2 of these are correct... I just went over my numbers again to be sure.....

I am leaving for book club in a few minutes and will be back in a couple of hours to check the guesses. For now I will tell you the two correct ones. :unsure:

1. 29 finds

3 DNFs

2. 1 find

0 DNS

3. 1 find since you didn't have as much time there as you would have liked. YEP but it was almost a DNF LOL

0 DNFs YEP

Ride like your life depended on it.