Cache Inventory History

Uppfinnarjocke

If I want to see which bugs and coins that have visited a particular cache, I can click on the "See the history" link in the Inventory box. That will show me a list of all trackables that have ever visited the cache, sorted on Name, Last log or Distance. That's nice, but it's not what you would expect from a history list. And it doesn't help you to see when those bugs visited the cache. You could of course look into each bug's history and search for the cache, but that wouldn't be very convenient.

I would like to have a list of the logs of all trackables that have visited the cache, but only the logs that are associated with that particular cache, ie when they were placed, retrieved or discovered there. The list should of course be sorted in chronological order. That would make it possible to see what's happened there and give a much clearer picture of the trackable traffic.

Edited by Uppfinnarjocke

Just being curious: Is there anyone else who has felt that the history list could have another approach? Or did anyone think the idea above wasn't very interesting, or perhaps just stupid? Or was the idea even understandable? I'd be happy to try to clearify my thoughts if someone feels they weren't very well explained.

Just being curious: Is there anyone else who has felt that the history list could have another approach? Or did anyone think the idea above wasn't very interesting, or perhaps just stupid? Or was the idea even understandable? I'd be happy to try to clearify my thoughts if someone feels they weren't very well explained.

Not stupid; I like this idea. I have often wished for it before.

I'd also like to have this chronological search feature when looking at all of the bugs logged by a given user -- and not for witch-hunt purposes. Say I have a friend who writes interesting bug logs with fun pictures -- I might like to take a quick peek at all the bugs they've logged recently, since the last time I looked.

My guess as to why it won't be implemented: a bug can be dropped into a cache more than once, and so would have more than one drop-date associated with it. Maybe dealing with that is too complex.

I see no need to be able to read the TB logs within a cache in the chronological order you mention.

It always kind of cracks me up when people use the reason "there's no need for that" to disagree with a suggestion here. There's no need for a lot of existing caching-related stuff. There's no need for caching it all -- it's just fun. "Need" is irrelevant.