Trilobite Geocoins

Tethys C

They're here. :unsure:

...and available at Landsharkz website (100 LS Versions)

Trilobite-LS-Version.jpg

They are 60mm x 5mm and look great. Tethys C and C-side Girl have another 250.

100 - Antique Bronze

50 - Black Nickel with Copper Glitter

50 - Black Nickel

50 - Antique Silver with two toned Gold Trilobite

Here is a picture that Chris from Landsharkz took of the BN with copper glitter

BN-CopperGlitter.jpg

The Burgess Shale lies just west of the BC/Alberta border. There is a great website on the history of the Burgess shale and the area HERE!!

Here is a poster celebrating the 100th year since Charles D. Walcott's discovery of the Burgess Shale fossil beds.

Burgess-100yrs.jpg

I AM SO MAD. :D You did a Trilobite coin and didn't even tell me you were going to do this. My final project for my geology degree was on the Burgess Shale. I can sent you a link to in if you are interested. I would give just about anything for a set of them. PLEASE, PLEASE. :unsure:

Sounds interesting......they are for sale HERE

I AM SO MAD. :D You did a Trilobite coin and didn't even tell me you were going to do this. My final project for my geology degree was on the Burgess Shale. I can sent you a link to in if you are interested. I would give just about anything for a set of them. PLEASE, PLEASE. :unsure:

Hi there fossil lady. I did let you know I was doing them, although it was quite a while ago. :D see below...

How a bout a trade. I've got 4 versions so let me know if you'd like to do a trade.

QUOTE(fossillady @ Aug 9 2008, 09:22 PM)

Are you really doing trilobites? I can tell you right now I will take a set. Trilobites would be my favorite fossil.

Yes - as much as I like ammonites - C-side Girl's favorite fossils are trilobites. Hoping to get things moving on this project over the next few months.

Ordered one...I LOVE trilobites...they are my favorite fossil. An ex-boyfriend made me a pair of trilibite earrings while I was in college...I loved them, but they were so heavy (they were made from real trilobites). Last year I toyed with minting a trilobite geocoin. The PA state fossil is a trilobite (Phacops rana, a trilobite Pennsylvania's Devonian-age rocks)...so I thought that it would be a fun coin to mint...but I never got around to it. I am glad someone minted one...maybe I should get it wire wrapped so I can wear it with my earrings! LOL

Edited by DresselDragons

cool!! living here in Colorado we have lots of fossils, some of them being the footprints of the dinos on the ridge of dino mountain, its ashame because the ridge that the fossils have been located have recently started to wear away due to corrosion of the mountain, the spot has been for tourists in the past and i belive that they are trying to prserve them at this time. :unsure:

I was a good girl and resisted bidding on the purple starfish auction yesterday, so I think I'll reward my good behaviour with a trilobite or two. Well, I didn't exactly resist the starfish; my washing machine died a horrible death just before bidding closed and in all the fuss I forgot to bid, but it amounts to the same thing and deserves a reward :(.

They're here. :unsure:

...and available at Landsharkz website (100 LS Versions)

Trilobite-LS-Version.jpg

They are 60mm x 5mm and look great. Tethys C and C-side Girl have another 250.

100 - Antique Bronze

50 - Black Nickel

Here is a picture that Chris from Landsharkz took of the BN with copper glitter

BN-CopperGlitter.jpg

Tethys C,

You say that there are the following Trilobites are available:

100 - Antique Bronze

50 - Black Nickel

Where can I get the entire set?

My Son Fredhead wants to be a Archeologist/Paleontologist, and these are his newest favorites, he is also partial to the Tethys C Ammonite Series.

Fredhead has well taken sick and will be up/down for sometime to come and most likely be affecting his Caching for some time to come, so I thought I would get him these for him to boost his spirts.

We have an Earthcache local here: Wymps Gap Fossil Quarry Earthcache GCNX5V this is at the top of Fredhead's list hopefully we will be able to get to this one soon finding a real Fossil would really boost his spirts.

Frehead is working on devolping his own Earthcahce so he can get Silver Earthcache Master level.

I will be ordering the one available on Landsharkz tonight.

The Finding Irish 4

Edited by The Finding Irish 4

A big box of trilobites (250) arrived on our doorstep this afternoon. :D

We hope to bring a bunch down to GW-VII for trade and sale and I've got some trades and sale requests to go through over the next few days

Three of the versions are 50 coin versions - no more of those will be minted.

A big box of trilobites (250) arrived on our doorstep this afternoon. :laughing:

We hope to bring a bunch down to GW-VII for trade and sale and I've got some trades and sale requests to go through over the next few days

Three of the versions are 50 coin versions - no more of those will be minted.

Tethys C,

I got lucky enough and got Fredhead the one from Landsharkz, need to get him the others.

Dropping you a message.

Edited by The Finding Irish 4

Landsharkz may make another 'batch' of LS Versions. Keep an eye on their website.

In the Calgary Herald Today, there is a big article on the Burgess Shale. Very interesting historical look back on the discovery and importance of this amazing fossil discovery - 100 years later.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Technology/Ce...8063/story.html

I saw one of the two-toned in PARacer's hand today...holy cow, it was tough to hand it back! A beautiful coin - and I'll say I really like the regular version.

Still, the gold bug was awesome!

Got my full set in the mail today. Thanks Tethys C. I was also lucky enough that even though I missed the Landsharkz sale my wife managed to haul one in for me so I have the full set of 5. Love the 2-tone. I think it is my fave of all of them. Thanks again Tethys C. Look forward to seeing more fossils in the future.

kayn

We have ordered 100 more the same as the first LS run and we will have them at our booth at GWVII as long as they are ready on time! That is... we will have 99... there is one being set aside for gardengorilla ;-). I thought I'd better add that real quick before I have to deal with a rampant gardengorilla :) .

We have ordered 100 more the same as the first LS run and we will have them at our booth at GWVII as long as they are ready on time! That is... we will have 99... there is one being set aside for gardengorilla ;-). I thought I'd better add that real quick before I have to deal with a rampant gardengorilla B) .

:) It is easier to deal with a happy gardengorilla for sure. Cheers Helen!

We have ordered 100 more the same as the first LS run and we will have them at our booth at GWVII as long as they are ready on time! That is... we will have 99... there is one being set aside for gardengorilla ;-). I thought I'd better add that real quick before I have to deal with a rampant gardengorilla :) .

Ooh, sweet! I'll be looking for you - AND TethysC - for sure! B)

CF30

I'm very excited as I get to hike up to the Burgess Shale Walcott quarry tomorrow. They are guided hikes but anyone can sign up.

It's a long day - about 20 kilometers (12 miles) and about 2500 vertical feet up.

Totally worth it and I will trty to remember to post some photos here of the day.

Happy Caching to all. :(

I am so jealous, I wish I could go. At this point in my life it is a dream, my old body will not let me do a 2 mile hike let alone a 12 mile hike. I have been told the view is fantastic and just think of Walcott on a horse doing this trip 100 years ago. I get goosebumps just think about it. Have a wonderful trip and I will beg to see pictures.

Well I survived the trip but my feet are still recovering.

Decided to pull out the big old hiking boots I haven't used for a few years.

Big mistake and my feet paid the price. Still it was an amazing trip. Had to wear sandals to work for a few days but hey - it's summer.

Here are some pics of the trip

Yoho Lake along the trail to the Burgess Shale

AJA_1108.jpg

Glacier view in the distance along the trail

AJA_1120.jpg

At the quarry - still snow in late July. Emerald Lake can be seen in bottom left

AJA_1155.jpg

My trilobite coin taking in the view

AJA_1137.jpg

Up close with a distant cousing from the Burgess Shale

AJA_1150.jpg

A reminder that the trail to the Burgess Shale is closed except for guided tours

AJA_1111.jpg

An amazing day. If you are ever in the area and interested in going on the hike, just look up Parks Canada and Yoho National Park.

You can also try the Burgess Shale Foundation. They have a website and can also be found on Facebook.

Happy Caching.