New 60 CSx owner with issues

I did that right away. I walked out of the store with it, put a pair of brand new batteries in, let it lock on my location, had laptop in my truck and plugged it in via usb. I loaded about 600 GCs with GSAK, selected the nearest on (in the same parking lot) clicked "GO TO" when the map page pulled up, I hit page till I got to compass and there was no arrow. The map page has the straight line to cache, but nothing on the compass page. Its got me stumped. Sorry about the double posts, at girlfriends house and her router fried so i'm borrowing the neighbors internet :unsure:

Edited by ark_fireman

I've been messing with it off and on all evening and have noticed that after I select a GC ( or any type waypoint for that matter) that the map page functions just as any other GPSr i've used... all the data fields are filled in and working properlyand the purple "straight line to GZ is there, BUT the compass page does not. Any data fields having to do with navigation (dist to dest ect) are blank although the others (accuracy, time of day) are alive and kicking. I was thinking possibly firmware issue so I updated it with no change. About to do a master reset to see if it helps otherwise i'll return it tomorrow

Is it asking for "road" or "off road" when you select go to? Did you buy any maps for the GPS? I have a 60csx and haven't noticed this. Try this really quick to make sure your settings are ok.

1) Go to Menu

2) Select "setup"

3) Select "routing"

4) Look at "Guidance Method" and see what you have selected. If you have purchased Navigator than you would want the default to be "Prompted". If you do not have Navigator, than your default should be "off road".

I don't know if this will help but give it a try.

One last thing, have you calibrated the compass? Try that also and see if it helps.

Is it asking for "road" or "off road" when you select go to? Did you buy any maps for the GPS? I have a 60csx and haven't noticed this. Try this really quick to make sure your settings are ok.

1) Go to Menu

2) Select "setup"

3) Select "routing"

4) Look at "Guidance Method" and see what you have selected. If you have purchased Navigator than you would want the default to be "Prompted". If you do not have Navigator, than your default should be "off road".

I don't know if this will help but give it a try.

One last thing, have you calibrated the compass? Try that also and see if it helps.

The compass is on and calibrated, then turned off and on again. As far as the guidance method, ive tried them all

I finally got it working, woke up this morning and once again began fiddling with it. The only thing I could find that I hadnt tried was to pop out the sd card. As soon as I did got a arrow right away... Thanks to all for your help :unsure:

A loose memory card can cause weird problems that you wouldn't normally associate with that. For example, I once had half my menu page icons disappear for that reason.

:blink: I had this same problem with my new 60CSX. First time I changed the batteries--no red pointer. I tried all kinds of options. When I read your post, I took out the memory card and the red pointer reappeared. Everything seems to be okay now.

Does this mean I have a defective memory card?

:blink: I had this same problem with my new 60CSX. First time I changed the batteries--no red pointer. I tried all kinds of options. When I read your post, I took out the memory card and the red pointer reappeared. Everything seems to be okay now.

Does this mean I have a defective memory card?

Well, not so fast...

Try this..

Power unit off, put mem card back in and make sure its in there firmly, re-test If it does it again

Run up to walmart or wherevers closest and buy another Mem card, go out in the parking lot and try it again (afterward, if you don't want/need the card, walmart will let you return anything)

If it does not do it with the new card, it was a bad card, if it does it wit the second card, blad slot on GPSr...

You may also try calling with this info and verify with Garmin that whatever brand and size card you bought is known to work in that unit...

Hope that helps.

Edited by solo63137

If you have an issue where the red pointer disappears after you are looking for a cache or put in a waypoint. This is caused by loose battery connection in the battery compartment. Just take a piece of foam and put it on top of the batteries and close the cover and it should not be an issue. This should keep the batteries nice and tight in the case.