Colorado 400T how to change geocache coords

I have a Garmin Colorado 400t. Does anyone know how to change the coordinates after a geocache is downloaded?

Here's the scenario, I find a puzzle or multi cache and download it using "Dowload to GPS'. Then after I figure out the final coordinates, I want to change what's already there so I can go to it. DOH! There is no way to do it. I tried looking it up on the device as a waypoint. DOH! Not there. So I'm stuck creating a new waypoint and changing that one's coordinates.

Please tell me I am just dense. Garmin could not have missed such an obvious feature, could they?

Geo Solar

You can't. You need to make a new waypoint with the new coordinates.

Like Red90 said, you can't. You can, but not in the Colorado. You need something like GSAK where you can edit the coordinates and reload the new cache into the Colorado. It will replace the old one. I do this all the time. In the field you will have to create a waypoint then edit the coordinates there. It's not the preferred way but unfortunately on the Colorado & Oregon, the only way.

You can't. You need to make a new waypoint with the new coordinates.

Like Red90 said, you can't. You can, but not in the Colorado. You need something like GSAK where you can edit the coordinates and reload the new cache into the Colorado. It will replace the old one. I do this all the time. In the field you will have to create a waypoint then edit the coordinates there. It's not the preferred way but unfortunately on the Colorado & Oregon, the only way.

is the oregon the same no edit

how do i make a cache with all the details like the original

i get the info the hints and the logs

I would like to still have the info after I have solved the puzzle caches then use the info in finding them

are you able to MOVE cache like i can on the 60csx

There are many tricks in GSAK to save puzzle coordinates. When I solve a puzzle I add "corrected coordinates" in GSAK, put my solution notes in the user field and save the original coordinates as a child waypoint. That way the next time I reload I have everything I need in the field to find the cache (many times the original coordinates are useful for parking, etc).

But the OP was asking about in-field modifications which are not possible and IMHO it is a good thing you can't modify caches on the unit itself. I've DNF'ed several caches on my 60cs because I inadvertently modified or moved the cache. I do agree it would be nice to be able to manually add a geocache on the unit in the field. Say for example I receive notification of a new geocache on my phone and I want to add it w/o access to a computer while I'm in the field.