GPS Camera or Oregon & non-GPS camera. iPhoto 09

britops

I dont have a GPS camera, but I would like to use the location feature of iPhoto.

I do however have a Garmin Oregon and a non-GPS Canon camera and a Sony TG-3 Handycam. I read on this site about a piece of software for Mac that would combine the two. Could anyone help me find it please?

I'm familiar with RoboGeo, but I don't think they have a Mac compatible version. I use it on my Mac, but with Windows under Fusion. If you have an Intel Mac it works great.

Check link: http://www.robogeo.com/home/

It can be done with Basecamp, if you upload your track into the Mac version of Basecamp you can Geotag a folder full of photos.

Unfortunately because iPhoto categorises the photos with location at import it works as follows.

i. Import photos into iPhoto.

ii. Use 'Show File' to find the files... Do NOT drag them out because that will update the time stamp on the ones that iPhoto deems it needs to rotate.. Copy the files out of the location revealed with 'Show File' to a folder then delete the files imported in iPhoto.

iii. Upload your track from your Oregon to Basecamp.

iv. Bring up the track details and select the Camera icon (popup says 'Match Photos to this Track')

v. Select the folder you coped the photos to.

vi. Basecamp will Geotag the files and import them. Delete them from Basecamp if you don't want to see them there.

vii. Drag them back into iPhoto and they should be recognised by the Places feature.

Have fun,

-Andy