Geocoin HELP!

HazelS

Hi folks

I have a Generic Geocoin - not terribly exciting, but a coin of mine, nonetheless!)

It was placed in a cache high above Sao Paulo in Brazil in May last year - the cache is this one Extrema Adventure

I contacted the cache owner when the cache still hadn't been FTF'd 6 months after publishing and asked him very nicely if he wouldn't mind moving my coin on. I got a reply (which is a start, I guess) that said that the cache WASN'T an extreme cache (although the cache page states it's 1560m altitude - eeek) and that he wasn't prepared to go and rescue it - he wanted it to "entice people to go and do the cache."

The cache is almost 1 year old now, and still not been FTF'd. No DNF's etc.... I emailed the cache owner again, and asked nicely that since the coin had been in there almost a year, would he please mind moving it on somewhere else...

the reply? No - sorry - I have no plans to do that!!!

Not sure what to do... any ideas?

Edited by HazelS

The reality is there isn't anything you can do, you asked politely, twice, you've had a refusal to co-operate with your wishes, short of booking a holiday to Brazil to retrieve it yourself I fail to see what else you can do other than wait.

On a positive note, I imagine the cache will be found eventually and just imagine the thrill of seeing it move on again, I've had that experience myself although sadly it was short lived as the coin moved to Australia and promptly died in a bush fire. At least your coin is safe and you know where it is.

Perhaps try and contact some of the other cache owners in the area and see if they would be willing to rescue the coin. Nearest active cacher owns GC18FZ5 and is called pôlli and was last online Monday, April 13, 2009. There are closer caches but the owners have not been on since 2007.

Dave