I am new to this

scrollmaker

HI, I live in Cheboygan, MI. We are new to this. We found out about it in a national geographic magazine. We tired to find a cache at gordon turner park. Had no luck. we are not sure how to go about this. Is there anyone who lives close by that would like to adopt us and help us get started? If so please email me at scrollmaker@sbcglobal.net. Happy hunting.

Sorry, I'm not near enough to take you out, but a couple of the things I did when I was first starting included:

Read every page of geocaching.com you can, even the ones about hiding caches. The ones with hiding guidelines will give you ideas where there may be hidden.

Read bunches of the stuff here on the forums. Yes, you will find many opinions but you will also find a lot of valuable information.

Since starting I have found that Geocacher University has a section of good starter information.

Edited by DiamondDaveG

HI, I live in Cheboygan, MI. We are new to this. We found out about it in a national geographic magazine. We tired to find a cache at gordon turner park. Had no luck. we are not sure how to go about this. Is there anyone who lives close by that would like to adopt us and help us get started? If so please email me at scrollmaker@sbcglobal.net. Happy hunting.

Hi Scrollmaker and welcome to geocaching there are several great groups in the Cheboygan area. The one that comes to mind is Team Kalsin. Try e-mailing them through there Geocaching.com Profile. Also you can try http://www.mi-geocaching.org this is the Michigan Geocaching Organization and should be able to find several groups up in that area that would be willing to help you.

We're new too (just started April 4th). We me Team Kalsin and many others from the area in Pellston on Saturday for a CITO Event. They were all a great help! There is another event May 2 in Pellston. I would strongly recomend that you attend. There will even be a Geocachers 101 class.