Placing a cache w/no GPS?

Cav78

Ok. . . I'm still a noob. . . found 6 tho, so I'm happy with those so far! I don't have a GPS, nor can I afford one right now, so I'm doing everything based off of Goole maps. Sometimes it works, sometimes it frustrates me. Anyhow, I was wondering how I could go about hiding a cache when I don't have a GPS. . . is there a way I can pinpoint a location on a satellite image from Google to get coords to submit? I know of a few great places, but have no clue of how to proceed. <_<

Ok. . . I'm still a noob. . . found 6 tho, so I'm happy with those so far! I don't have a GPS, nor can I afford one right now, so I'm doing everything based off of Google maps. Sometimes it works, sometimes it frustrates me. Anyhow, I was wondering how I could go about hiding a cache when I don't have a GPS. . . is there a way I can pinpoint a location on a satellite image from Google to get coords to submit? I know of a few great places, but have no clue of how to proceed. <_<

In your own words "sometimes it works, sometimes it frustrates me." I certainly would not recommend you attempt to place a cache without using a GPS. There really is no way you can pinpoint the location for Geocaching purposes without a GPS. Even WITH a GPS many caches have coordinates that are, shall we say, less than ideal.

Don't feel any obligation to rush out and place caches. Give yourself plenty of time to become more knowledgeable about the game and make sure that when you do place a cache it is a good one and that you will be able to maintain it over time.

I agree with Wrastro that you should get some more finds under your belt before rushing out and placing a 'bad' cache just so you have a hide.

Also, if you look here you will see that a GPS is needed for getting accurate coordinates after you place the cache. Sp-ecifically, the guidelines state "Once you arrive at the location of your hide, it is critical to obtain accurate GPS coordinates. This is the very heart of the activity, after all."