COINTEST! Feeding the world's pickiest eater...

sunsetmeadowlark

We have made Pannu Kakku (Finnish Oven Pancake) and cannot wait until it is finished, anyone who has not had this you do not know what you are missing, it is even good cold and for left over the next day. MMMM......my husband loves this and he is even a picky eater. When I met him he wouldnt eat anything now he eats almost everything...he always says it is because he has a wife that knows how to cook now :unsure: .

My husband is the world’s pickiest eater. He refuses to eat any vegetables except potatoes and the occasional dish with onion but only if it’s finely diced. He won’t eat steak, he prefers not to eat pork chops unless they are smothered in gravy and fork tender. Roast beef also has to be fork tender. He loves most hamburger dishes but not if there are vegetables in them. He loves rice, white or fried (but again, no veggies!). Oriental food is out, he hates the sauces. Mexican food is good but only if it’s not spicy and any sauces need to be a cheese sauce. Any meat served on the bone is a definite no. The only condiment he will use is mayonnaise (must be real). Salt (regular or seasoning) and pepper are fine. He loves fettuccini alfredo but dislikes spaghetti. He won’t touch anything that could even remotely be considered seafood. He will eat dishes with cream of mushroom soup in them but will not eat the soup by itself and won't eat mushrooms any other way. He’s not fond of garlic....

i think your husband is a heart attack waiting to happen. :unsure: and most of the recipes posted are only going to make what's going on in his arteries worse!

rsg

I don't know if he likes beans or not but this is a really easy cool weather dish, extremely easy...throw it in the crockpot and go cache for the day!

White Chili

1 Big Glass jar Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed

1.5 lbs cooked and shredded chicken breasts

(I have a Gordons Food Service store, you can buy a bag of frozen chunked cooked chicken meat)

24 oz chunky salsa- whatever heat you prefer

6 oz can green chilies

3 cups chicken broth

16 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese

2 Tbsp. Cumin

Combine all ingredients in a big crockpot. Cook on low about 5 hours.

Edited by usyoopers

This is my FAVORITE and EASY because I hate to cook! (Mr TH is the cook in this family)

Hashbrown Casserole

2 cans cream of mushroom soup

8 oz sour cream

1/2 cup milk

30 oz frozen shreded hash browns, partially thawed

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

(optional) 1/2 cup chopped green onions

(optional) 1/2 cup bacon pieces (fresh, not bacon bits!!)

1. heat over to 350, grease bottom and side of 13x9 pan

2. Mix soup, sour cream and milk in large bowl. Stir in potatoes and optional ingredients. Spoon into baking dish

3. Bake uncovered 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15 to 20 min longer or until golden brown.

"Poor Man's Dinner" Recipe

I come from a family that lived on the farm and had two parents that worked hard, but parents were very conservative. They rarely ever went shopping maybe once a month for groceries, we had fresh eggs from the chickens, fresh meat from the cow or pigs, we had milk from the cows and butter, home made cheese. I remember tho when things got tight at the end of the month and food was getting slim, my mother always called it poor man's dinner. It was easy to make and was a very filling meal and fed the whole family, and what kid doesnt like mashed patatoes? She knew we always look forward to having it the end of the month.

All you need for this recipe is make mashed potatoes and pour a meat and gravy over the potatoes....very filling and very yummy. Feel free to make it on a day when there is to many things to do and you want something yummy and fast.

My wife like to make these!

Orange pork chops

4 pork chops (3/4")

1 tbsp oil

salt and pepper

1/2 cup orange juice (bottled, or she used to keep a can in the freezer.)

2 tbsp brown sugar

combine orage juice, brown sugar in bowl

in large skillet, brown pork chops on both side in hot oil. Season chops with salt and pepper (to taste,) drain off excess fat from the pan.

pour orange juice, brown sugar mix over pork chops. Cover and Simmer 35-45 minutes (chops should be tender and glazed. Serve over rice (instant or boil in bag was fine...see, not much work!) place chops on rice and pour any remaining sauce over the pork chops.

ILYK

This is a yum recipe, very similar to one which, one of the Maine cachers (Mainiac1957) brings to many events in Maine.

I don't know if he likes beans or not but this is a really easy cool weather dish, extremely easy...throw it in the crockpot and go cache for the day!

White Chili

1 Big Glass jar Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed

1.5 lbs cooked and shredded chicken breasts

(I have a Gordons Food Service store, you can buy a bag of frozen chunked cooked chicken meat)

24 oz chunky salsa- whatever heat you prefer

6 oz can green chilies

3 cups chicken broth

16 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese

2 Tbsp. Cumin

Combine all ingredients in a big crockpot. Cook on low about 5 hours.

Pukeko Stew

(A native bird here - prob a bit smaller than a chicken!)

Catch the pukeko first.

Pluck all the blue feathers.

Oh, and the brown feathers, and any other feathers.

pukeko.jpg

Slice down middle belly, remove innards.

Chop into smaller bits.

Toss into a billy over a fire.

Add water.

Boil for a day.

Add seasoning - native herbs, a boot, grandpa's old holey socks.

Maybe some pepper to taste.

Boil for another day.

Toss out the bird.

Boil for a third day.

Toss out the boot, the sock and anything else chewy.

Strain the stock that remains, add chopped vegetables to taste - eg root veges, pumpkin etc.

Boil just one hour, thicken with cornflour or ground maize or arrowroot.

Seive any lumps out.

Serve in camp mugs.

Sip slowly to savour.

Preferably while holding your nose!

Wow, he's even pickier than I am. Next time my husband complains about my picky eating, I'm pointing him to this thread!

Shepherd's Pie

1 pound extra lean ground beef

1/2 cup minced onion

1 small can tomato sauce (8 oz.)

1/4 cup water

dash salt and pepper

1 egg

2 cups leftover mashed potatoes

Brown the beef, add the onion and cook a few more minutes. Add tomato sauce, water, salt and pepper to meat, mix and spoon into a baking dish.

Beat the egg and then beat it into the mashed potatoes. Spread potatoes on top of meat and bake 350 for 25 minutes.

Cheese Meat Loaf (basically just a hamburger in a pan, but the cheese gives it a tangy taste)

1 pound extra lean ground beef

1 cup bread crumbs

1 egg

1/4 cup water

1/4 cup finely diced onion

2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese

1 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

Mix everything together and bake in a pan at 350 for about an hour. I make it in a pie plate instead of a loaf pan, so it cooks faster, and all the yucky blood stuff drains off to the side and becomes crisply edible.

I don't like to ruin a good meatloaf with sauces, but my husband eats it with melted cheese whiz.

Dad's Scalloped Potatoes

(Dad's cooking was notoriously bad, but this is actually pretty good. Dad once left half a pizza in the cold oven for many days. When he found it he ate it anyway, but as he was polishing off the last few bites he noticed the maggots. Ate the rest anyway. Dad drank a lot, which probably helped. Now that I've ruined your appetite, here's the recipe for his potatoes :()

Mix one can of mushroom soup with some grated cheese and diced onion. Add enough water to make it sloppy. In a baking dish layer thinly sliced potatoes with the soup stuff, bake at 350 until done, about an hour.

Here is one I make a lot.

Chili Rellenos Quiche

10 eggs, beaten

1/2 cup all purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/8 teaspoon salt

2 (4-ounce cans) chopped green chilies

1 pint cottage cheese

4 cups grated Cheddar or Jack Cheese

1/2 cup ( 1stick) butter, melted

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x13-inch glass dish.

In a large bowl, mix the ingredients together in the order in which they are listed here. Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 10-12 servings.

A really quick and easy chicken recipe-

Honey Mustard Coated Chicken

1/4 cup Dijon style mustard

3 Tbsp Honey

2 tsp lemon juice

2/3 cup plain bread crumbs

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs

1 Tbsp olive oil

Combine mustard, honey and lemon juice in a shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in another dish. Dip chicken pieces in mustard mixture, turning to coat, then in the bread crumbs. Place on cookie sheet that has been lightly greased or sprayed with Pam. Drizzle olive oil evenly over chicken. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.

.....how easy was that!!??!?

Since you have a crock pot here is a simple recipe that tastes pretty good (providing you all like turkey)

two turkey drumsticks

barbeque sauce (your choice)

water

place drumsticks in crock pot

cover w/barbeque sauce

add about 1/3 cup water

Cook on low for 6-8 hours

The bone comes right out with no meat attached.

serve with rice or noodles or use as sandwich filling.

Enjoy

Here's another one if you like (or have never had and wish to broaden your taste buds)

Ingredients:

* 1-1/2 pounds boneless venison steak, cubed

* 1 medium onion, sliced

* 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth

* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

* 1 tablespoon ketchup

* 1 teaspoon curry powder

* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

* 1/2 teaspoon salt

* 1/4 teaspoon pepper

* 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch

* 1/2 cup sour cream

* 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish

* Hot cooked noodles

Directions:

Place venison and onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the next seven ingredients; pour over venison. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sour cream and horseradish; mix well. Gradually stir into venison mixture. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened. Serve over noodles. Yield: 4 servings.

You can leave the onions out if you desire, or slice them thickly so they can be discarded after they have been cooked

Dang, and I thought I was picky. Now I don't feel so bad.

Here's one I like I call the cardiac special.

Take a pork roast and put into a crock pot. pour in enough BBQ sauce in to cover the meat and turn it on it's lowest setting. Do this in the morning before work.

When you get home take the lid off the crock pot so the sauce will thicken up some.

Then make some home made buttermilk biscuits, you'll need these to soak up the extra sauce.

Take out the pork, smother in bbq sauce, throw a couple of biscuits on the plate and your done.

I usually make a side of green beans or rice to go with this but, that's optional.

You now have pork "fork tender" with plenty of sauce (just like he likes) and something kinda sorta healthy to go with it. :laughing:

For obvious reasons I only have this once, maybe twice a year. :laughing:

Pierogi Casserole

•1 (8-ounce) package oven-ready lasagna noodles (12 noodles)

•3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks or 2 cups prepared instant mashed potatoes

•2 cups small-curd cottage cheese

•1 large egg, beaten

•1/4 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon onion salt

•1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

•1/4 teaspoon salt

•1/2 teaspoon black pepper

•1 cup caramelized, finely diced onions

•1/2 cup dry bread crumbs

•Sour cream, chopped dill for garnish

1.Soak noodles in warm water for 30 minutes, making sure they don't stick to each other.

2.Meanwhile, in medium pot, boil potatoes in salted water until tender (but this is not needed if you use the instant mashed potatoes or the premade versions).

3.While potatoes are cooking, mix together cottage cheese, egg, and 1/4 teaspoon onion salt, and set aside.

4.When potatoes are tender, mash them and stir in Cheddar cheese, 1/4 teaspoon regular salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon onion salt and pepper, and set aside.

5.Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a 9-inch-by-13-inch pan that has been lightly coated with nonstick spray, place 3 drained noodles horizontally.

6.Spread cottage cheese over first layer of noodles. Lay down another 3 noodles.

7.Spread mashed potato mixture evenly over second layer of noodles. Cover with another 3 noodles.

8.Spread 1/2 cup caramelized onions evenly over the third noodle layer. Cover with remaining 3 noodles. Mix remaining 1/2 cup onions with bread crumbs and spread over the top of the last noodle layer.

9.Cover casserole dish with foil and place on pan to catch drips. Bake for 30 minutes or until dish is bubbly. Uncover and bake 5 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares as for lasagna. Serve with sour cream and chopped dill, if desired.

Make Ahead: Prepare recipe as directed. Do not bake. Cover with plastic wrap, then foil. Refrigerate up to 24 hours or freeze up to 2 months. When ready to bake, remove plastic wrap and replace foil. Bake refrigerated casserole about 40 minutes and frozen casserole about 1 1/2 hours.

Thanks for this recipe DD! Our family is missing peirogis soooo much! Apparently they haven't made an appearance in Australia yet. I am close to making my own but I'll try this recipe first.

As for the cointest, I really can't help you. To me if the pickiness is not allergen based I would cook anything and the picky eater can 'pick' it out.

Pierogi Casserole

•1 (8-ounce) package oven-ready lasagna noodles (12 noodles)

•3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks or 2 cups prepared instant mashed potatoes

•2 cups small-curd cottage cheese

•1 large egg, beaten

•1/4 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon onion salt

•1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

•1/4 teaspoon salt

•1/2 teaspoon black pepper

•1 cup caramelized, finely diced onions

•1/2 cup dry bread crumbs

•Sour cream, chopped dill for garnish

1.Soak noodles in warm water for 30 minutes, making sure they don't stick to each other.

2.Meanwhile, in medium pot, boil potatoes in salted water until tender (but this is not needed if you use the instant mashed potatoes or the premade versions).

3.While potatoes are cooking, mix together cottage cheese, egg, and 1/4 teaspoon onion salt, and set aside.

4.When potatoes are tender, mash them and stir in Cheddar cheese, 1/4 teaspoon regular salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon onion salt and pepper, and set aside.

5.Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a 9-inch-by-13-inch pan that has been lightly coated with nonstick spray, place 3 drained noodles horizontally.

6.Spread cottage cheese over first layer of noodles. Lay down another 3 noodles.

7.Spread mashed potato mixture evenly over second layer of noodles. Cover with another 3 noodles.

8.Spread 1/2 cup caramelized onions evenly over the third noodle layer. Cover with remaining 3 noodles. Mix remaining 1/2 cup onions with bread crumbs and spread over the top of the last noodle layer.

9.Cover casserole dish with foil and place on pan to catch drips. Bake for 30 minutes or until dish is bubbly. Uncover and bake 5 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares as for lasagna. Serve with sour cream and chopped dill, if desired.

Make Ahead: Prepare recipe as directed. Do not bake. Cover with plastic wrap, then foil. Refrigerate up to 24 hours or freeze up to 2 months. When ready to bake, remove plastic wrap and replace foil. Bake refrigerated casserole about 40 minutes and frozen casserole about 1 1/2 hours.

Thanks for this recipe DD! Our family is missing peirogis soooo much! Apparently they haven't made an appearance in Australia yet. I am close to making my own but I'll try this recipe first.

As for the cointest, I really can't help you. To me if the pickiness is not allergen based I would cook anything and the picky eater can 'pick' it out.

I just bought a pasta maker (mmmm fresh noodles) I'm thinking it'll simplify the pierogi making process a lot too... I made them once with a rolling pin and it was sooooo much work, the pierogis from the freezer section don't come close though!

I was just eating lunch and thinking that it was a really easy meal to throw together... I don't really have numbers for the ingredients though, i usually just taste it as I go...

Start some pasta boiling and before the last minute throw in some frozen peas and chopped asparagus (as much as you think you can get him to eat! Leave it out if you need to, but I'd encourage you to force them down his throat :anicute:) Only boil them until they float to the top and turn bright green...about a minute, maybe two. My boyfriend didn't used to think he liked asparagus because he'd only ever had overcooked asparagus :anicute: After they're bright green drain it and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.

In the meantime, cut up an onion and a couple pieces of garlic (as much as you think you can sneak in) and fry them up in a decent sized splash of olive oil until they're translucent, add a dash of red pepper flakes, some salt, and then pour in a bottle of cheap white wine. Let it simmer until the wine reduces (it won't taste like alcohol anymore) and then mix with the pasta and top with parmesean cheese. You can add chicken to it too if you like (I'm a vegetarian)

Beef & Vegetable Kabobs

Ingredients

1/2 cup Wish-Bone Italian Dressing*

1/2 cup dry red wine*

1 lb. boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes

2 medium zucchini or yellow squash, cut into 2-inch slices

1 large red onion, cut into 8 wedges

8 cherry tomatoes

8 large mushrooms

1. For marinade, combine Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing with wine. In large, shallow baking dish or plastic bag, pour 2/3 cup marinade. Add beef and vegetables; turn to coat. Cover, or close bag, and marinate in refrigerator, turning occasionally, 3 hours or overnight. Refrigerate remaining 1/3 cup marinade.

2. Remove beef and vegetables from marinade, discarding marinade. On skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables. Grill or broil, turning and basting frequently with refrigerated marinade, until beef is desired doneness.*Or, substitute 1 cup Wish-Bone Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing for Italian Dressing and wine.

Lime-Cilantro Pork Tacos

Yield

4 servings (serving size: 2 tacos)

Ingredients

• 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into thin strips
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
  • 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup chopped plum tomato
  • 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas

Preparation

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and black pepper. Add oil to pan. Add pork, and sauté 4 minutes or until browned. Remove pork from pan; place in a bowl. Add onion and jalapeño to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add broth; reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in tomato; simmer 2 minutes.

Return pork and accumulated juices to pan. Stir in cilantro and lime juice; cook 1 minute or until pork is done.

Heat tortillas according to package directions. Spoon 1/2 cup pork mixture into each tortilla; roll up.

ENJOY!!! :anicute:

How about a Cheesy Chicken Casserole with potato chips... It's delicious!

INGREDIENTS

* 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken meat

* 1 cup cooked white rice

* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup

* 2/3 cup real mayonnaise

* 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion

* 1 tablespoon lemon juice

* 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese

* 2 cups crushed potato chips

* 1/4 cup water

* salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F

2. In a large bowl combine the chicken, rice, soup, mayonnaise, onion, lemon juice, water, salt and pepper. Mix well.

3. Spread this mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with cheese, then potato chips.

4. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the potato chips are lightly browned.

Beer Can Chicken :P

Ingredients :

1 cup butter

2 tablespoons paprika

2 tablespoons garlic salt

1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer

salt and pepper to taste

1 (4 pound) whole chicken

Directions:

1. Preheat the grill for low heat.

2. In a small skillet melt 1/2 cup of the butter. Mix in 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 tablespoon garlic salt, salt and pepper.

3. Pour out 1/2 the beer, leaving the rest in the can.

4. Add the other 1/2 cup butter, paprika, garlic salt, salt and pepper to beer can. Place on a baking sheet.

5. Set the chicken on the beer can,with the can in the cavity of the chicken. Baste chicken with the butter mixture.

6. Place baking sheet with chicken and beer can on the grill.

7. Cook over low heat for about 3 hours, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 180F.

Edited by Team CeDo

Potato Salad :P

Ingredients :

5 pounds red potatoes, diced

4 stalks celery, chopped

4 eggs

1 green bell pepper, chopped

3/4 tablespoon prepared mustard

1 onion, finely chopped

3/4 cup mayonnaise

salt and pepper to taste

1 teaspoon white sugar

Directions:

1. Preheat an outdoor grill on low heat.

2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until slightly tender, about 15 minutes.

3. Drain the potatoes and transfer then to a large bowl.

4. Place eggs in a medium saucepan, and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil.

5. Cover and remove from heat. Let the eggs sit in the pan of water for 10 minutes.

6. Remove and peel under cold water.

7. Chop the eggs, the stir with green bell pepper, celery, prepared mustard, onion, mayonnaise, and white sugar into the potatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

8. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.

Edited by Team CeDo

Chili-Lime Chicken Kabobs :P

Ingredients :

3 tablespoons olive oil

1 lime, juiced

1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar

1 teaspoon chili powder

1/2 teaspoon onion powder

1/2 teaspoon paprika

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

cayenne pepper to taste

1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces

kabob skewers

Directions:

1. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, and lime juice. Season with paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.

2. Place the boneless chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish with the sauce mixture and coat well.

3. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

4. Preheat the grill for medium-high heat and brush the grate with oil.

5. Place the marinated chicken onto skewers. Grill for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through.

Edited by Team CeDo

Time to post my all time favourite recipe. I learned how to put this meal together when I was in high school and I have made this pretty much once a week for my whole life (give or take). My mother found this one in a curling themed recipe book she bought for a fundraiser (hence the name) and it takes 5 minutes to prepare.

BONSPIEL CHICKEN

4-6 chicken thighs (skin on is yummiest but I often use skinless as a healthier option)

Powdered ginger

Garlic powder

Brown sugar

Soya Sauce

Honey

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put chicken thighs in shallow baking dish. Sprinkle each piece with the ginger and garlic powders (if your husband doesen't like garlic, just sprinkle a bit less on his pieces). Cover each piece of chicken with a spoonful of brown sugar (I usually eyeball it, as I do with the other ingredients but basically it's a tbsp or two per piece) -- don't worry if some of it falls off into the dish. Drizzle each piece with soya sauce liberally -- you will end up with about a quarter of an inch or so in the bottom of your dish soaking up that brown sugar that fell off the chicken. Pop it in the oven for 45 minutes. Take it out of the oven, drizzle each piece with honey and pop it back in the oven for another 15 minutes. If you have chicken with skin, it will make a nice crispy top.

I usually make basmati rice to go with it as the sauce is quite delicious but I have also done oven baked fries that suit the dinner as well. This chicken is also really good cold and I have made it the day before and taken it on picnics.

Enjoy!

I translated this from german into english, so i hope you can understand it :laughing::anibad:

Baked Pork Chops with Apples:

Ingredients:

* 4 pork chops, about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick

* salt and pepper, to taste

* 2 tart apples, halved and cored, unpeeled

* sugar

* sour cream

Preparation:

Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper and place in a baking dish. Place one apple half, cut side down, on each chop and sprinkle with sugar. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes, basting often, until meat is browned. Thicken juices with sour cream before serving.

It´s easy to cook and very delicious :blink:

ENJOY

Best regards

Dark Elf

Edited by Dark Elf

Beer Can Chicken :D

Ingredients :

1 cup butter

2 tablespoons paprika

salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

2. In a small skillet melt 1/2 cup of the butter. Mix in 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 tablespoon garlic salt, salt and pepper.

3. Pour out 1/2 the beer, leaving the rest in the can. :laughing::anibad:Thats just not right Surlley something else could be done with it. :blink:

4. Add the other 1/2 cup butter, paprika, garlic salt, salt and pepper to beer can. Place on a baking sheet.

5. Set the chicken on the beer can,with the can in the cavity of the chicken. Baste chicken with the butter mixture.

7. Cook over low heat for about 3 hours, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 180F.

wow some great recipes.

Golden Glazed Chicken

2 onions, sliced (i do half rings)

salt and pepper to taste

4 boneless chicken breasts

1/3 cup of liquid honey

1/4 cup dijon mustard

2 tbsp lemon juice

2 tbsp vegetable oil (i use olive oil)

1 tbsp curry powder

Spread onions in bottom os greased 12" x 9" glass baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. arrange chicken breasts on top (remove skin if you like); sprinkle with salt and pepper

In a small bowl, combine honey, mustard, lemon juice, oil and curry powder until well bloended. Pour over chicken (recipe can be prepared ahead up to this point. Refergerate, covered, up to 8 hours)

Bake uncovered in 375F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. basting 2 or 3 times during cooking.

This dish is not spicy or tart it is in fact on the sweet side. I like to serve it over white rice. Since your hubby does not like onions, just do not put any on his plate. lol

Ingredients:

Set of sheep's heart, lungs and liver (cleaned by a butcher)

One beef bung

3 cups finely chopped suet

One cup medium ground oatmeal

Two medium onions, finely chopped

One cup beef stock

One teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon pepper

One teaspoon nutmeg

½ teaspoon mace

Method:

Trim off any excess fat and sinew from the sheep's intestine and, if present, discard the windpipe. Place in a large pan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for an hour or possibly longer to ensure that they are all tender. Drain and cool

Finely chop the meat and combine in a large bowl with the suet, oatmeal, finely chopped onions, beef stock, salt, pepper, nutmeg and mace. Make sure the ingredients are mixed well. Stuff the meat and spices mixture into the beef bung which should be over half full. Then press out the air and tie the open ends tightly with string. Make sure that you leave room for the mixture to expand or else it may burst while cooking. If it looks as though it may do that, prick with a sharp needle to reduce the pressure.

Place in a pot and cover with water. Bring to the boil and immediately reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for three hours. Avoid boiling vigorously to avoid bursting the skin.

Serve hot with "champit tatties and bas-hit neeps" (mashed/creamed potato and turnip/swede). For added flavour, you can add some nutmeg to the potatoes and allspice to the turnip/swede. Some people like to pour a little whisky over their haggis - Drambuie is even better! Don't go overboard on this or you'll make the haggis cold.

haggis2563a.jpg

where do you get your bung...I tried the local market without any luck.

ILYK

Beer Can Chicken

Ingredients :

1 cup butter

2 tablespoons paprika

salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

3. Pour out 1/2 the beer, Drink the rest before it gets too warm!! :rolleyes:

Modification for Snowball58 :anicute:

I'm running a little late but the cointest is now closed! Thank you to everyone for your recipes, I'll be printing them out and asking my hubby to pick one when he gets home. I'm sure glad he has to choose because so many of these sound delicious and I'm not sure I could pick!

I'll post the winner later tonight!

AND THE WINNER IS!

Taco Casserole

1 lb ground beef

1 small can nacho cheese dip

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

diced onion

1 pkg taco seasoning

tortilla chips

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

diced tomato

Brown ground beef and mix in one package taco seasoning according to directions. To this mixture add 1/2 to 1 small can nacho cheese dip.

In a 9x13 inch pan, break up tortilla chips in bottom about 1/2 inch thick. Spread meat mixture on top of chips and add a few more chips on top of meat mixture.

For next layer, sprinkle 1 cup each of mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Over this, sprinkle diced onions and then tomatoes.

Cover dish with foil and bake 30 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees, let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.

RUNNER-UP

Smoothie.

Half fill the blender with orange or apple juice. Add a ripe banana and assorted frozen (semi-defrosted if you love your blender) fruits eg raspberries, blueberries, mango, strawberries, blackcurrants etc. If you are feeling like it you can throw in a scoop of icecream, some yoghurt or some milk.

Whizz it up, a full blender goblet is about four adult portions and will keep 24 hours in the fridge.

Congrats to usyoopers and Croft House Cachers! Please send me your address and as soon as the coins and tags get here I'll send you your prizes.

I was quite surprised at the amount of time my husband spent looking through all of the recipes and by the choices he made. I honestly figured he would pick one of the tater-tot casseroles since that's his second favorite meal. He does love Mexican food so the taco casserole isn't far off but the smoothie really shocked me!

His honorable mentions were:

Lazy Lady's Lasagna

Cheesy Chicken Casserole with potato chips

Chili-Lime Chicken Kabobs

Poor Mans Dinner

Delivery Pizza - He got a huge kick out of this one!

Thanks again for all of your submissions! We'll be trying out many of them, even some that didn't make "his" cut. He can either eat them or not but some of them just sound too yummy to resist!

I have all of the recipes saved (yes, even the pizza!) and will be e-mailing them to forthferalz who has kindly offered to put them into PDF format for those of you who want them.

edit for spelling

Edited by sunsetmeadowlark

Yes, I have to agree that there were some very scrumptious sounding recipes posted...will have to try some of them myself. I have never made a tater-tot or taco casserole so perhaps I need to try them first!

Congrats to the winners and thanks to sunsetmeadowlark for posting the cointest.