What a Day

Went Geocaching for the first time today. Ratgirl13 is an outstanding teacher. We found 25. Had difficulty finding safe turn offs for about 4 others and were unsuccessful on only 2 or 3. Fantastic day...believe I'm hooked. What a joy to find the first one.

Edited by elkdrummer

Went Geocaching for the first time today. Ratgirl13 is an outstanding teacher. We found 24. Had difficulty finding safe turn offs for about 4 others and were unsuccessful on only 2 or 3. Fantastic day...believe I'm hooked. What a joy to find the first one.

Sounds like a great day. Congratulations on a running start!

Hey - since you're in Kingman, one of these days you should consider taking a crack at GCRJY0. You will learn an awful lot about the technical stuff behind this crazy GPS system and navigation as a whole. I know I did. Next time I'm in Arizona visiting my brother we'll be going for this one. Already have the coords.

(Someone up in my neck of the woods liked it so much he did his own version up here; GC17H70. I got two puzzles for the price of one!)

Hey - since you're in Kingman, one of these days you should consider taking a crack at GCRJY0. You will learn an awful lot about the technical stuff behind this crazy GPS system and navigation as a whole. I know I did. Next time I'm in Arizona visiting my brother we'll be going for this one. Already have the coords.

(Someone up in my neck of the woods liked it so much he did his own version up here; GC17H70. I got two puzzles for the price of one!)

Just check the info on GCRJYO. I teach AM History not math. :) Then again it is just up the road from my house. Might have to go for this one.

Wow! I wish I'd have had a day like that. You're a lucky person to have somebody to mentor you. Being able to observe an experienced cacher will really increase your success rate when you go out on your own. Wecome to the game and may all your searches end with an ammo can and a smiley!!!!! :)

Ratgirl13 is an excellent Mentor. :)

Just check the info on GCRJYO. I teach AM History not math. :) Then again it is just up the road from my house. Might have to go for this one.

If you need any help, please feel free to contact me. Rest assured I am NOT very capable in math, but with some perseverance and a lot of research I pulled if off. If I can, anybody can.

How cool!

We also had the help of an experienced cacher our first day (I think we only found four though). I honestly think that was the best thing for us when we first started, to have someone show us a) how to do it, and :) to tell us about the guidelines, how not to look for a cache, about muggles, etc. It was so wonderful.

I've been to Kingman once. We did a tour of the old Route 66 for our honeymoon, partially because we were on our way to move to Colorado from California. It was snowing when we were there!

-Rozie