looking for caches when on holiday

hello, I couldn't see anything about the above on this site can anyone advise me please as I am going to Murcia ( spain) later in the year .....I have tried searching on line for caches but.... not surprisingly really, every thing comes up in Spanish!! :rolleyes:

Any help or advice would be appreciated

regards

wt

I had the same problem last year when I went to Tuscany. Fortuntely one of the local cache setters spoke excellent English and usually provided text in both Italian and English. If you can't find any cache pages that contain English, I would go for traditional caches, if you think you will definitely need a clue, decrypt and try copying and pasting the text into a translator - of course you could end up with a garbled mess that is of no help at all B) Puzzle caches I think would be a none starter, but if you put in the co-ordinates for some caches and go a hunting they are sure to take you on an adventure, just don't don't worry about the numbers :rolleyes: and have a wonderful holiday.

We regularly cache whilst holidaying abroad and usually print off a screen shot of GoogleEarth showing where all the local caches are. Then we logically look at each cache in turn and using Bablefish try to translate the cache pages. Any that are impossible to decipher will be crossed out on the map and eventually we end up with a map showing which ones to attempt.

Usually we end up with mainly traditional caches, but some multis are possible if you are selective and likewise some puzzle caches are mathematical so still achievable. Even if you don't get a perfect translation - with the co-ords, difficulty, terrain and cache size it is still possible to find caches. You just need to go with an open mind and try your best, it can be great fun not knowing exactly what's in store.

We've just got back from Belgium where we were surprised to find that WP2 on a multi was underwater at all but the lowest of tides! Very amusing as we stood on the beach with the arrow pointing 200m out to sea! :rolleyes: We managed to get back at low tide and found the cache, it was very rewarding and a very memorable part of our holiday. B)

Using WinXP, right click on any page and choose "page info" (if that's what the english version says, mine is in swedish!) in the menu. In the pullout menu you can choose to translate the whole page as is! OK, the language DOES sometimes make you laugh but it works better than expected I think

Bosse from Sweden

Using WinXP, right click on any page and choose "page info" (if that's what the english version says, mine is in swedish!) in the menu. In the pullout menu you can choose to translate the whole page as is! OK, the language DOES sometimes make you laugh but it works better than expected I think

Bosse from Sweden

That's not a function of Windows XP, it's a funtion of the Google toolbar :rolleyes:

Bosse from Sweden

That's not a function of Windows XP, it's a funtion of the Google toolbar :D

It is? Well, I never..... Anyway, works just fine so DO install the Google toolbar and use it :unsure: