Help with TB

kbnfamily

Hi,

fleetwood1977 has got my TB stuck in his inventory:

"Sorry I have tried again but it will not move out of my inventory.

I have posted a note as to where it is but canot remove it from my inventory,

Any suggestions."

TB2JV6Q is the ref number, I originally activated it at GC9E0A and its now at GC19TR2.

Can anyone help and suggest what's gone wrong? It seem like there might have been something wrong from the outset..

Thanks.

Hopefully, one of the veteran forum members can help out and correct me if I'm wrong. I looked at the TB page and it does seem to have had problems from the start. First off, you never logged that the TB was dropped into Shaftoe Crag. Looking at the TB page and the cache page's TB history shows that the TB was never "virtually" dropped there. You simply posted a note saying it was there. Fleetwood1977 couldn't log a pickup of the TB since it was never logged as being there. So it seems that he posted a note, then grabbed it from your inventory. I would assume that fleetwood knows how to drop TBs, since by looking at his profile page, he's done so in the past. I don't know why the TB is not dropping into a cache and out of his inventory. My suggestion would be for you to grab it back from fleetwood and try dropping it into the appropriate cache yourself, since you know the tracking number. If it's in a cache you have never actually found, I would suggest posting a note in the log to the CO as to what is going on. Then leave it up to him/her to delete your log if he/she chooses. At least the TB will show up in the cache it's actually in. Again, hopefully some seasoned forum members can also help, if I'm wrong.

That's a good assessment.

I would be interested to know what problem exactly the current holder is experiencing.

If you are in communication with fleetwood1977 I would recommend doing exactly as suggested. Grab the bug away (and then delete all the previous notes and Grabs if you wish*), then post a note on the cache page where you originally placed the bug and drop it in. Then have fleetwood1977 do a proper Retrieve.

If there was some system error with the bug keeping fleetwood1977 from dropping it, those tend to be one time only so re-logging the bug should fix it.

*Since the bug hasn't been listed in a cache yet you can delete all the logs including your grab from the current holder. The bug will stay in your inventory until you are ready to drop it. That will start it out fresh.

Once you post a note on the cache dropping the bug you can immediately delete it. (You'll see the option) It won't affect the bug tracking.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Thanks for the help folks, its the first TB we've let loose.

Hopefully, one of the veteran forum members can help out and correct me if I'm wrong. I looked at the TB page and it does seem to have had problems from the start. First off, you never logged that the TB was dropped into Shaftoe Crag. Looking at the TB page and the cache page's TB history shows that the TB was never "virtually" dropped there. You simply posted a note saying it was there.

This is where I dropped it, the first log against the TB:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?L...d0-ed6ab8203d0c

I remember it not looking right, as I then did post a note:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?L...a3-6e8a23cf800b

As of now its back in the Shaftoe Crag inventory and hopefully fleetwood1977 will be able to do a retrieve and drop off in the right cache as suggested.

Thanks again.