Geocoin trading on the South African Forum

DAN404

I just recently got into geocoins and I love it!

I know that there is a general forum for geocoin trading. My problem is that with postage expensive as it is in the RSA, together with import duties, VAT etc it becomes very difficult trading with cachers in Europe and other countries. What is the possibility of a topic on this forum? If there already exists a way to make contact with coin collectors/coin lovers(!) in the RSA I would like to hear about it!

I just recently got into geocoins and I love it!

I know that there is a general forum for geocoin trading. My problem is that with postage expensive as it is in the RSA, together with import duties, VAT etc it becomes very difficult trading with cachers in Europe and other countries. What is the possibility of a topic on this forum? If there already exists a way to make contact with coin collectors/coin lovers(!) in the RSA I would like to hear about it!

Hi DAN404. As you have discovered the trade and sale of certain geocaching related items is restricted to certain forums and in the case of Geocoins you will find the threads here and you should also take note that special guidelines apply to that forum which you should review before posting there.

As per the foum guidelines

10. Personal classified advertising is permitted in the ‘GPS Garage Sale’ forum and, per Geocoin Forum Guidelines, in the Geocoin Discussions forum. Please note that Groundspeak is not involved in any related transactions.

There is nothing stopping South African cachers trading via that forum, and I know many have done so successfully in the past. If you wish to restrict your trade to SA only, then clearly mark your subject as Valid in South Africa only... or something along those lines.