DJ.J.ROCK'S GEOCOIN MUSIC MIX AND COINTEST

DJ.J.ROCK

good arts everyone keep um comin,, get the kids involved, family night making an art.

Im about 3/4 of the way done building and then I have to adjust sound levels (mastering) it the best I can in a very short time frame. I figure just short of a week Ill be ready to reveal your DJ.J.ROCK'S GEOCOIN FORUMS MUSIC MIX...(croud cheers!!!) ;)

good arts everyone keep um comin,, get the kids involved, family night making an art.

Im about 3/4 of the way done building and then I have to adjust sound levels (mastering) it the best I can in a very short time frame. I figure just short of a week Ill be ready to reveal your DJ.J.ROCK'S GEOCOIN FORUMS MUSIC MIX...(croud cheers!!!) ;)

Sounds like your feeling better! I'm glad...

any more entrys???? Im gonna call it over soon, so if you have an art or plan to have one please let me know here otherwise i am gonna close the entrys.......

im building the end, and then comes the hard part of leveling it out...and making everything sound just right....

WOW this is looking great and i am so glad i do not have to pick the winner :D

actaully..... :D

so its funny you say this because you do have to pick a winner,, or at least cast a vote..by number.

i planned this at the get go, but to make it fair the winner of the coin will be the art with the most votes! :D:huh: after i close the entry part, i will re-post all of the arts with a number, then you will vote on the number you like best!!!

These are the good ole days!!

7f91cbc1-3225-44d9-82ae-f14a61fb6def.jpg

Bummer, no cachin' crow :(:D

Oh Well,

NEXT :P:D

LOL Opalsns

Actually, I think those are coin and TB icons, as opposed to our avatars.

YES BUT OPALSNS HAS A CACHIN CROW COIN WITH AN ICON,,CANT FIT THEM ALL THO...?

Bummer, no cachin' crow :(:D

Oh Well,

NEXT :P:D

LOL Opalsns

Whoops...you're right. I forgot that there was an icon for the cachin' crow!

Bummer, no cachin' crow :D:o

Oh Well,

NEXT :(:D

LOL Opalsns

Whoops...you're right. I forgot that there was an icon for the cachin' crow!

maybe the caching crow could have the b-side all to itself :P

Edited by catsnfish

Ok time to vote for your pick.

2 entrys per person, if you have an art entered you may NOT vote for yourself.

2 days to vote!

:P:(:D

pick the number that best represents the geocoin forums or the art you would like to see represent the mix.

the winner will win a coin from my keepers of my choice. After I post the mix up, I will also do a random draw for the activated gone caching 2 coin.

post your pick with the matching number.

ready go!!!

#1. 382bd916-0ede-42ae-988d-cc8c16dac1ab.jpg

#2 98d22b85-2b2a-4f7a-8088-e8626e024000.jpg

#3 81ef9de6-d736-4116-94f6-e5d1ce223e17.jpg

#4 a652e76b-a2b7-49e7-a586-780b418b820f.jpg

#5 27ef56f5-1bff-4b26-a834-61100734cf26.jpg

#6 855d0f27-04b2-4d16-a5b5-79c3e5c5bd36.jpg

#7 60b3d6f9-ce2f-4a8f-a4bb-65c319511413.jpg

#8 e9eb008c-d437-46df-9b63-faa72b0cf8ce.jpg

They ARE great, congratulations all you creative people out there. I didn't send in a song because i had no mic for recording...now i do...maybe there will be a mix #2?

I'd like to vote on cover art though...

I'm gonna go with #2 and #8 although if I were more artistic I would've sent one in looking like an ammo box. :P

First Choice - #7

I dont really have a second choice. I think that #7 stands apart from all the rest. It represents the people, the coins & the music.

I only wish you had added the "Dark side of the Cache" coin in there, would have fit great with the whole music theme....

Edited by Tha Saint

HHHHHHMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

This was tough. Everyone had such great graphics and ideas.

Maybe the other entries could be printed on the back cover in little thumbnails??

My Picks ...... # 6 and # 7

Good Luck Everyone!!!!!!

Opalsns

I like #8 the best. I am having a hard time with the second choice and would like to wait to cast that vote if I can for a little bit after I stare at them some more. LOL Is that ok?

They all are great so that's why I'm having such a hard time

YES , ladybee4t you have 2 days to vote. :D

So at the begining of this adventure I send Groundspeak an e-mail asking for their graces on using "Groundspeak" in the title of the mix.

unfortunatly I was NOT granted permission to use the name in the title. :( It dosent change anything, but it woulda been nice to have their graces if i wanted to use it. I understand they were not involved , but I wanted to donate it to them in their name. oh well.. :P im ok really!! :D

I have thought long and hard about this one. I already voted for #8 as that to me is the most striking visually and takes in the music and coins very well and I love the colors.

The second choice was very hard and I narrowed it down to two of them. In the end I decided to go with #7. The music is there, the coins are there and the forums coiners are there represented by their avatars.

alllllllll righttty then,,,

I think its safe to say #7 is the winner!!!!!!

congrats to mar-elendili for a awsome design for the mix,, Please send me your addy and i will get all winning coins out by the end of next week.

you ALL did a super job on the art and I will host them ALL in the folder for the mix,, the winning art will be the header post for the folder.

there will be a random draw after i post the mix, all posts in this thread are possible winners for the draw.

i will be posting the mix over the weekend.

Ok NOW

I need to explain how I put the mix togeather and how you will get it.

I gathered ALL the fav. songs except 1 I couldent find(TEAMHAYNES 3 tenors remix,, id love to hear it if you have a copy teamhaynes)

Then I listined to them all,, I started to build the intro and put the songs togeather. I did NOT check who posted what songs, nor did I favor any users by using certian songs,,, they all could be from 1 user as far as I knew during building. so please dont be offended if your songs did not make the mix.

for me the music takes me where it wants to go,, kinda like a puzzle,,, one peice fits into the next, if it dosent fit I try the next song, this creates the FLOW of the set. I really dont controll what songs go togeather, thats where my trained ear comes in. The set progress is determined by how fast I find the next song that fits the puzzle, per say.

so again I need to stress, If your songs dident make it into the mix dont take it personaly. with that said....

Now how do you get the mix???

you will need to goto my personal website, the link is in my signature part of my postings (at the bottom of this post.)

from there you will need to goto the music section and click on the link provided under the winning art.

it will take you directly to the mix,,

at the mix it will start playing automaticly you can choose to listin to it there or you can download it...

in order to download it you will need to make an account,,, dont worry its free and gives you 5 gb of space on their servers for files if you so choose to use the space, for anything ;it allows an upload size of 100 mb and you can share or keep your files privet in your folders.

but you may need to relocate to the mix after sign up as im not sure if it shoots you back to my files after you sign up.

I will be posting the mix over the week end so you wont find it yet, but feel free to listin to my other mixes while your waiting or brouse my website. (shameless self permotion)lol ;)

@ big thank yous to SgtMikal and jr-mikal#1 for your outstanding mic work!!!! with out their voices all you would hear is me and ive made a fool of myself allready with the small amount of mic work i did do.,,,lol

Also to johnmac56, for his mic work, he sent me some stuff to use,, and i did.. :)

with out these 3 peps. it woulda been alot different sounding and alot more work then it was, i spent about 3-full weeks putting this togeather working into the weee hrs of the morning,almost every day. my wife will be glad when im done with this one...lol trust me,, I got my butt chewed a few times for spending so much time at the computer, and playing music till 1-2 am ;) she understands what this ment to me tho, its a good thing she loves me or i would be a lonely dj,,hahahaaa.

but i just wanted to take a moment to thank these 3. and let you know they were in on it.

Ok NOW

I gathered ALL the fav. songs except 1 I couldent find(TEAMHAYNES 3 tenors remix,, id love to hear it if you have a copy teamhaynes)

;) That was just a little joke... sorry.... I posted my real songs a few posts later....

are you serious :) i spent about 3 hrs looking for that 1 track!!! no wonder it was not in his discography!!!!

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK