DJ.J.ROCK'S GEOCOIN MUSIC MIX AND COINTEST

DJ.J.ROCK

OK so let me start by saying,, Ive been around for almost a year now,, here on the geocoin forums.

I say the Geocoin forums because I rarely venture out of here to other parts of the forums. so this topic is specificly for the geocoin forum. (plz mods dont move this topic to another area)

I am a DJ (for real) as well as a coin designer and collector.

From day one everyone here on the coin forums has been kind,generous,funny, outgoing, and just a pleasure to be around virtually. I have recieved many gifts from some supper dupper nice collectors.

From a welcome package from Theotokos, to the cointest winnings,to missions, even a recient gift from 007 BigD.

Ive payed it forward many times over now, with cointests, gifts and good missions sent out.

But I wanted to give back a lil more by making EVERYONES life a lil nicer, with something I consider special.

I want to make a DJ mix for all you here, it would be able to be downloaded for free, put on a cd and played while you are caching or sitting at the computer. it would be over an hour long, and be a nonstop mix of songs you like to listin to. It would be decated to the Groundspeak "Geocoin" forums(you) and would hopefully take a bit of stress away with some good tunes. my idea here is to make you feel good with music.

What i need from you;

I would like those who would be intrested in hearing their name put in my mix, to record yourself saying your caching name and send it to me via e-mail in a mp3 or WAV. ( if you know how to do that- most computers have mic inputs/record settings for voice notes or for chatting and you can use a webcam mic too ) I will use as many as I get.

send to gr8shadows@comcast.net as GC.com will not allow an attachment .

I also need names of songs you like with the artist and genrae of the music, the ones with the most votes will win and i will also pick some out of the ones that get mentioned only once or twice.

a mix of mine has 20-40 songs combined with sound manipulation, and vocals put togeather in a way for maximun listiner enjoyment.

again this mix will be specificly for the GEOCOIN forums and will be a gift from me to you ALL! :laughing:

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

Guess there's no shot of getting something that sounds like Waylon Jennings huh? :laughing:

Sounds kinda fun...

tsun i play anything!! Ive mixed it all from rock to classics, from country to rap and everything inbetween, i only have a hard time with some music that comes from other countrys because the time signature is setup a bit different and it make it very hard to over lap songs to mix.

just post me some names of your favorate songs and who makes them with the genrae of the music( to help me group them)

oh and just to let anyone know a mix is alot of hard sound work, so dont think im gonna just play song after song,, it is all mixed with sounds and vocals. :lol:

an hour long mix can sometimes take me over 100 hours of putting it togeather,pulling records/music, artisticly putting the songs togeather,spinning it, recording , adding vocals, and mastering the sound levels.

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

Guess there's no shot of getting something that sounds like Waylon Jennings huh? ;)

Sounds kinda fun...

How about Pavarotti? :lol:

The Three Tenors Remixed

again im a dj so anything goes,,lol :laughing: it will depend on whats wanted , what i have or can get (i have many recources)

here lets use this format

Name of song:

Artist:

Genrae:

you may post as many as you like.

I just want to say that this is really an awesome thing you are doing. Being newer in the world of geocache forums, I too have experienced the generous, warm and fun nature of the folks here. It is so honored and a true acknowledgement by the generous offer of a gift straight from your heart - the talent you share with the world. YOU ROCK DJJROCK!

Wow! I don't get to the forums very often, but I'm glad I checked in today! I have wanted to do something like this for a long time, so I am certainly glad a professional has decided to do it. I can't wait to hear the mix and I would be glad to pay for the CD and postage! Just let me know when you get it finished. Awesomely generous of you!

My 2 favorite songs would be:

Name of song: Bittersweet Symphony

Artist: The Verve

Genre: Alternative Rock

Name of song: AM Radio

Artist: Everclear

Genre: Rock

Edited by Degai

Degai, you will be able to download it for free, if you donot have the cappabilitys we can arange something :laughing:

the way you posted your songs is PERFECT!! Thank you!

and just incase anyone cares, by mixing a set,using sound effects to alter the music adding vocals,and what have you, i inherit grandfathered copyrights, just like a promo record being played at a club. so no need to get into any of that, as i have spent many of days discussing that and do not want to get into that end of a disscussion here.

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

Not sure how many we can pick, but there are some favorites:

Name of song: With a Little Help From My Friends

Artist: The Beatles

Genre: Classic Rock

Name of song: Live Again

Artist: Better Than Ezra

Name of song: Island in the sun

Artist: Weezer

Genre: Alternative

Really cool idea DJ

Name of song: Kathy's Song

Artist: Simon & Garfunkel

Genrae: Ballad

can we attach the MP3 or do we need to e-mail it to you?

ILYK

attach an mp3 here? i dident know you can do that? i dont think you want just anyone to have a dry cut of your voice do you? send to my email, you wont be able to attach an mp3 thru GC.com,, so

send to gr8shadows@comcast.net

i can use wav files ,just sometimes they dont come off the e mails sounding good.

Degai, you will be able to download it for free, if you donot have the cappabilitys we can arange something :lol:

the way you posted your songs is PERFECT!! Thank you!

and just incase anyone cares, by mixing a set,using sound effects to alter the music adding vocals,and what have you, i inherit grandfathered copyrights, just like a promo record being played at a club. so no need to get into any of that, as i have spent many of days discussing that and do not want to get into that end of a disscussion here.

Oh Cool, DJ.J.ROCK! I'm sure I can figure out how to download it, once it's done. I can't wait! This is so awesome! :laughing:

How soon would you want the recording from us? Was just wondering because I dont have a mic right now.

Just as soon as you can get it too me. theres really no time limit for this project, so say as soon as possible.

Ive already got a few. keep it simple,, some thing like; "This is....." or "I am..." "we are....."

I just want to say that this is really an awesome thing you are doing. Being newer in the world of geocache forums, I too have experienced the generous, warm and fun nature of the folks here. It is so honored and a true acknowledgement by the generous offer of a gift straight from your heart - the talent you share with the world. YOU ROCK DJJROCK!

Im really glad you all like this. Now I can only hope I wont let ya down with a bad mix,, hahahaa

DJ.J - This is an awesome idea you have come up with!!! I too am a DJ as well as my brother, sister in law and my daughter. My brother and his wife are the owner/operators of a mobile DJ business that specializes in weddings and corporate events. My daughter and I are the second team and work with him whenever he has multiple gigs on the same date, or when he and his wife are unavailable. Between my brother and myself we have over 30 years of wedding DJ experience so I know how much work it can be to put together a CD long mix. I really do appreciate this endeavor that you are starting and would love to offer any assistance if it weren't for the distance between us.

Since I am a Pink Floyd fan, my first suggestion for a song would have to be from them...

Title: Money

Artist: Pink Floyd

I have actually edited out one line from that song and use it as one of my ring tones on my cell. The phone is set to use that ring tone whenever one of my caching friends calls me. The line I chose for the ring tone is:

"Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash..."

For my second choice I would choose... (reminds me of caching and geocoins)

Title: SOS (rescue Me)

Artist: Rhianna

Genre: Pop

And lastly...

Title: Running Up That Hill (Live w/David Gilmour)

Artist: Kate Bush & David Gilmour

Thanks again for starting this project and for all the hard work that I know you will be putting in to this. I know it will be worth every minute and everyone who participates will really enjoy the final outcome!!!

I will try to get my sound bite out to you by next week...

DJ.J - This is an awesome idea you have come up with!!! I too am a DJ as well as my brother, sister in law and my daughter. My brother and his wife are the owner/operators of a mobile DJ business that specializes in weddings and corporate events. My daughter and I are the second team and work with him whenever he has multiple gigs on the same date, or when he and his wife are unavailable. Between my brother and myself we have over 30 years of wedding DJ experience so I know how much work it can be to put together a CD long mix. I really do appreciate this endeavor that you are starting and would love to offer any assistance if it weren't for the distance between us.

Since I am a Pink Floyd fan, my first suggestion for a song would have to be from them...

I have actually edited out one line from that song and use it as one of my ring tones on my cell. The phone is set to use that ring tone whenever one of my caching friends calls me. The line I chose for the ring tone is:

And lastly...

Thanks again for starting this project and for all the hard work that I know you will be putting in to this. I know it will be worth every minute and everyone who participates will really enjoy the final outcome!!!

Ill send you a mail here shortly,, do you have equiptment set up to do quick things to transfer to the computer?

What's the chances you have anything by the band Thirty Odd Foot of Grunts??? :lol:;)

Anyhoo... :laughing:

How 'bout:

Name of song: Moving in Stereo

Artist: The Cars

Oh and perhaps:

Name of song: Driftwood

Artist: Moody Blues

And I have a cache where you have to download this song to figure out where the cache is:

Name of song: Stand

Artist: R.E.M

CF30

And lastly...

Ill send you a mail here shortly,, do you have equiptment set up to do quick things to transfer to the computer?

Unfortunately most of our equipment is in a secure storage unit near my brothers house about 50 miles away from here. I have a minimal amount of equipment here at home but I'll do what I can, just let me know....

Here is Riley the GeoDog's pick

Name of song: Baba O'Riley (surprise)

Artist: The Who

Here is GoodGollyMissMolly's choice

Name of song: Good Golly Miss Molly (surprise)

Artist: Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels

My choices:

Name of song: Great Balls of Fire

Artist: Jerry Lee Lewis

Name of song: Take It Easy

Artist: The Eagles

Name of song: We Will Rock You

Artist: Queen

As many of you know Im tring to do a geocoin forums music mix project, by giving back to you through my art, music. The orginal thread was temp.shut down due to policies of Groundspeak, but in an effort to keep the project I am working closely with the forum mods.

OK so let me start by saying,, Ive been around for almost a year now,, here on the geocoin forums.

I say the Geocoin forums because I rarely venture out of here to other parts of the forums. so this topic is specificly for the geocoin forum.

I am a DJ (for real) as well as a coin designer and collector.

From day one everyone here on the coin forums has been kind,generous,funny, outgoing, and just a pleasure to be around virtually. I have recieved many gifts from some supper dupper nice collectors.

From a welcome package from Theotokos, to the cointest winnings,to missions, even a recient gift from 007 BigD.

Ive payed it forward many times over now, with cointests, gifts and good missions sent out.

But I wanted to give back a lil more by making EVERYONES life a lil nicer, with something I consider special.

I want to make a DJ mix for all you here, it would be able to be downloaded for free, put on a cd and played while you are caching or sitting at the computer. it would be over an hour long, and be a nonstop mix of songs you like to listin to. It would be decated to the Groundspeak "Geocoin" forums(you) and would hopefully take a bit of stress away with some good tunes. my idea here is to make you feel good with music. and now yuou will also have a chance to win a coin or 2

With that said This is now a coin-test and i will have to work fast so

heres what you will need to do.

What i need from you;

I would like those who would be intrested in hearing their name put in my mix, to record yourself saying your caching name and send it to me via e-mail in a mp3 or WAV. ( if you know how to do that- most computers have mic inputs/record settings for voice notes or for chatting and you can use a webcam mic too ) I will use as many as I get. this is not a requirement of the cointest. if you would like this to happen for you but dont have a mic mabie contact another person here and see if they do and can say your name for you. keep it simple

send to gr8shadows@comcast.net as GC.com will not allow an attachment .

1st cointest rules - for a german championship coin activated and wire wrapped.

1. post your 2 favorate songs you love to listin to while caching or looking at your coins,,in this format

title of song:

artist of song:

2 tell a short story about a song you heard while driving to a cache or tell why you love to listin to your 2 songs while caching.

I will randomly pick a winner at the end of 1 week (next monday) and then will start a second cointest,(during the making of the mix) with similar directions under this same topic.

and possibly a third cointest will follow if I need the time to compleate the mix., The mix will be linked thru my webpage and you can find the link(to my personal website) in the signature part of my postings and i will make a link at my profile too, another option may be to e-mail me thru my profile(when the mix is done and i can send you a link to my personal webpage!!

have fun and good luck.

DJ.J.ROCK

P.S. TO THOSE WHO POSTED IN MY OTHER TOPIC WILL NEED TO REPOST THEIR SONGS , BUT I STILL HAVE ALL VOICE NOTES SENT .

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

Rainy Day People

Gordon Lightfoot

I can't think of any better song to represent the people and relationships found here in the forums.

Brave Mountaineers

Gordon Lightfoot

both caching and the forums to me are an escape to simpler pleasures as reflected in this song.

Well, I just gotsta join in....

Moon Dance

Van Morrison

Our first FTF was Mamamia. I noticed it just at dusk and begged BubbaBass to go get it. It was "just down the road apiece". Off we went. The night settling, the moon rising, and a FTF .........

What a marvelous night for a Moon Dance!!

Aerosmith

Seasons Of Wither

This Is Our Song.

Thanx for the cointest,

Opalsns

Oh, that is a nice cointest! I like many songs but most of them are not so new!

what I would love to listen while caching.... Well, it depends of who I feel emotionally!

I would love to hear while caching the song of Enigma: Return to innocense for sure!

I love that song because.. I do not know why, it really returns me in my innocent years! I feel closer to nature... and, the music and the voice of the Native American (?) who sings really calms me down and makes me feel great! It is like oxyzen in my body! I hope you understand how I feel!

An other song I like to hear because it makes me laugh a little and gives me power to walk is the Genesis: I can't dance! ;)

I have changed the words a little... :)

Hot sun beating down

burning my feet just walking around

hot sun making me sweat

muggles getting close, hasn't got me yet

I can't cache, I can't log...

but I'm still searching under every dadgum rock!

I can't cache, NO...I say

I am just hoping and to God I pray...

TB's sitting in my bag,

coins in my pockets...oh boy I feel so bad!

Lots of good stuff for me to trade

But my GPS still keeps the betray!

I can't cache,..... :mad:

Ok, I admit I killed the song! :D

This song makes me laugh Can you imagine going geocaching and walk like them in the videoclip?? LOL!!!! :D

I love the guitar in that song!

As I said, according to what I feel I listen music! So, Sometimes I need to listen something.... like ZZTOP, and my favorite songs, Rough Boy and Gimme All Your Lovin! :D

Do I sound weard?? :D Probably!!! :D

Music is a great power, and helps a lot!!! when things are difficult in geocaching climps etc, a song like that gives you the strength to continue! You forget pain, you forget that you are tired....

Sorry my friend for posting more than 2 songs! I do not know if we are allowed to post more than once, so...

Oh, I answered both questions, right? :laughing:

Thank you for the cointest nad for the music mix you will make!!! :D

I edited only a word in the song! sorry!

Edited by GATOULIS

Good to see that you found a workable solution with the help of the mods to keep this project working...

Even the original studio recording from Kate Bush would be fine, its just the other version sounds a litle better to me.

This song just reminds me of all the hills I've had to climb in my life. And lately it reminds me about all the hills I've climbed up just to get a smilie face!!!

I'll see if I can get the right equipment setup here to do the recording you asked about on the original thread...

I would like to thank you for all your efforts so far on this project and for the efforts it will take to complete it....

THANK YOU!!!

THANK YOU!!!

THANK YOU!!!

I'll see if I can get the right equipment setup here to do the recording you asked about on the original thread...

I would like to thank you for all your efforts so far on this project and for the efforts it will take to complete it....

THANK YOU!!!

THANK YOU!!!

THANK YOU!!!

IF YOU DO PLEASE GIVE ME A HOLLER, I AM GOING TO HAVE TO WORK FAST SO THIS MIX DOSENT COST ME AN ARM AND A LEG IN COINS,,, HA HA HA

My two for now are:

Title of song: Time Of Your Life

Artist of song: Green Day

Title of song: Fast Car

Artist of song: Tracy Chapman

Because while out geocaching I am having the time of my life, and to have any chance of getting a FTF in my town you need a fast car. :laughing:

Plus these two songs are just great for when your on a move.

Thanx for the cointest, and the generosity. This is a really neat idea. I was a DJ on the radio for a brief time, and am heavily involved in the music program at my church, so I really appreciate the gesture that you are making. Here are two songs that I am recommending:

Fat Bottomed Girls

Queen

This song ALWAYS makes me smile, wherever I am, whatever I am doing, and whatever is going on in my life. It is one of those songs that it impossible to play at a low volume.

Welcome to the Jungle

Guns-n-Roses

This is a great song to listen to while looking for those less-urban caches out in the woods. It has such an energy that it keeps me moving when i am searching alone, hiking, or whatever I am doing.

This is a great song following a DNF

U2...I still haven't found what I am looking for

After a find...

Another one bites the dust by Queen

When going out on a who knows where you will end up cache run

Tom Petty Into The Great Wide Open -

Okay, story time. My only ticket in the past 10 years came while rushing to be a FTF on a geocache. I had the boys with me so the car was kinda chaotic. Anyway, I turned into a neighborhood with a 2 way street, but apparently due to traffic concerns, a sign was up that said no through traffic. The sign was nicely camouflaged with trees so of course I missed it. Well wouldn't you know one of San Diego's finest was there flagging those of us who missed the sign down (yes there were many.) It was such an obvious trap that it made the newspaper a week later and the editor questioned it as a fund raising activity.

As I am driving away frustrated, with my prized 200 ticket (is this a deductible hobby expense :laughing: ) a random song came on up on my zen....Looking Around by Yes...which is what I should have been doing...yeah just a minute or two late ;)

here are the lyrics:

Looking around me

There's not so much in life that I miss

Things that I can't see

I'll touch and I'll feel then I'll kiss

Then I saw you standing there

With a smile I couldn't share

Just looking around, everywhere.

Tunes that I can't hear,

would take me for a while my smile

Fares that are too dear

I'd rather walk out another smile

Then I heard a tune so right

It was in the light of night

just listening around everywhere

All the things I've wanted to do

take so much time to get around to you

just reach out and catch and hold on

having trails of dust and lust but never even lying or trying

just keep on moving and never dying.

Smiles that I don't see

I'll make them up as I go on

Laughs that just can't be

I'll make and laugh at everyone

Then I saw you in your place

with a laugh upon your face

Just looking around everywhere

Looking around with my feet on the ground full of words and

of sound bring smiles all around

Satisfy me with your words that can be full of sound and I'll

see I'm just looking around.

1. If I had a $1,000,000 by the Barenaked Ladies

2. Keep on Tryin' by Poco

For the first...if I had a million dollars I'd buy a lot more geocoins! lol

And the second, the words of the song don't really go with "tryin to find a cache", but that's what I think of when I hear it. Keep on Tryin' even if it's a really hard hide!

I don't really have a story about a song that I heard while on the way to cache as I'm usually gabbing with my friend/husband when I go...so we have the radio turned off! Or I'm telling the hubster where to turn and where to do a U turn because he didn't listen to me saying ...400 feet...300 feet...200 feet....SLOW DOWN...50 feet....You passed it!!!" lol

DUDE... GREAT IDEA!!! How cool is that??? Makin a mix-set just FOR US!!! Im gonna think it through for the day and see what I may be able to come up with. To Cool!

Thinkin I may be a little reserved on my song choice and story! :laughing: But we'll see what I can come up with... This is gonna be fun!

Thanks so much for your dedicated work, where do you list your sets now that MusicV2 is dead??? ;) (That was a major bummer)

DUDE... GREAT IDEA!!! How cool is that??? Makin a mix-set just FOR US!!! Im gonna think it through for the day and see what I may be able to come up with. To Cool!

Thinkin I may be a little reserved on my song choice and story! :laughing: But we'll see what I can come up with... This is gonna be fun!

Thanks so much for your dedicated work, where do you list your sets now that MusicV2 is dead??? ;) (That was a major bummer)

Yes it was a huge bummer,because I dident get the email to pull my files soon enuff so I lost all my stuff there, and I payed to be apart of that site, but good thing I have 2 other sites , dave goto my website and click on a mix it will take you to the other site that hosts my sets, the link is in my signature part of my posting.

And you can google my caching name to find other sites im apart of. Hope you enjoy the new sites I have used them for years.

1. Crush by Dave Matthews Band

2. Brain Damage by Pink Floyd

Nothing relates to caching more than this song - it's just so dead on.

Google "Brain Damage Lyrics" to read the lyrics and you will understand.

If you choose this post as a winner - Just gift it elsewhere - I appreciate the gesture, but I don't need a coin. I'm more or less just giving you my input.

~J

Quick edit: Forgot the reason I chose these 2 songs - If you know anything about DMB or FLoyd - you know the reason :D

Edited by GeocoinGuy

I am so glad to see this on track.

Great songs so far.

There is so many choices but i think i will try these ones.

Artist. Talking Heads.

Title. Take me to the RIVER.

Artist. The Band.

Title. The RIVER hymn.

Title. Cripple Creek.

Title. The Weight.

Artist. Little RIVER Band.

Title. Cool Change.

I think that is it for now.

Thanks for the cointest.

I am so glad to see this on track.

Great songs so far.

There is so many choices but i think i will try these ones.

Artist. Talking Heads.

Title. Take me to the RIVER.

Artist. The Band.

Title. The RIVER hymn.

Title. Cripple Creek.

Title. The Weight.

Artist. Little RIVER Band.

Title. Cool Change.

I think that is it for now.

Thanks for the cointest.

LOL! I'm sensing a theme...

How about that old hymn, "Shall We Gather At The RIVER"?