geocache inspection vehicle

sparkadurry

i was sitting in kurrajong village today eating lunch and i saw a geocache inspection vehicle drive through the village does anyone know what its for/who it is?

did you get a photo? More details please! :laughing:

We can give you all the info on the vehicle and more importantly the sign you spotted today. ;)

The sign has 3 words on it and it states......Geocache Management Vehicle.

They are produced by the Victorian team of Ian and Penny.They produced one as a sample and took it to the event day called ..."Caching in Geelong Get Together " on the 16 th of August 08.If you have a look at GC1D2Y2 ,you can have a look at Roundcircles log ,they took some pictures of the magnets attatched to the vehicle.

They were selling for $30 each last year ,so are probaly about the same price.

They also have a forum posting in buy and sell on "GA" about half way down first page.

They were apparently produced as an original idea for driving in "National Parks" to make it appear as an official car.

I can also tell you ,it was not Ian and penny you saw ,as they are caching in SA yesterday.

post a reply if you work out who it was .

Cheers....Greg.

i was sitting in kurrajong village today eating lunch and i saw a geocache inspection vehicle drive through the village does anyone know what its for/who it is?

did you get a photo? More details please! :huh:

We can give you all the info on the vehicle and more importantly the sign you spotted today. :P

The sign has 3 words on it and it states......Geocache Management Vehicle.

They are produced by the Victorian team of Ian and Penny.They produced one as a sample and took it to the event day called ..."Caching in Geelong Get Together " on the 16 th of August 08.If you have a look at GC1D2Y2 ,you can have a look at Roundcircles log ,they took some pictures of the magnets attatched to the vehicle.

They were selling for $30 each last year ,so are probaly about the same price.

They also have a forum posting in buy and sell on "GA" about half way down first page.

They were apparently produced as an original idea for driving in "National Parks" to make it appear as an official car.

I can also tell you ,it was not Ian and penny you saw ,as they are caching in SA yesterday.

post a reply if you work out who it was .

Cheers....Greg.

We checked them out and they do look very official. Now off to see if they are still available.

thanks for the leads :(

1. You would get a better response if you asked on the Geocaching Australia Forum

2. The "Geocache Management Vehicle" stickers are a novelty item only (possibly could be used to fool muggles who ask "what are you doung here").

3. They were a limited production run, and there are none left.