End of Month Camping In the Pilanesberg

BornAdventures

Hey There,

We're planning on a camping weekend in the Pilanesberg National Park at the end of April (30 Apr - 3 May). We're looking at either the Bakgatla or Manyane camps. Has anyone in this forum camped at the mentioned sites? Which is better and are there any other camp-sites nearby the park which I've overlooked.

If there is anyone who is keen on joining us for the weekend, give us a shout, we'll maybe add it as an event if there is enough interest.

Thanks,

Daniel

I have camped at Manyane before, but that was almost two years ago. Apparently, and this is not a confirmed rumour, is that the camp has gone backwards dramatically. It has also become a popular spot for people to come and party all night. BUT, this is what I have heard, I don't know how true it is. Worth asking people who have camped there more recently.

I have camped at Manyane before, but that was almost two years ago. Apparently, and this is not a confirmed rumour, is that the camp has gone backwards dramatically. It has also become a popular spot for people to come and party all night. BUT, this is what I have heard, I don't know how true it is. Worth asking people who have camped there more recently.

I've never camped there but have heard the same from friends that used to camp there in the past and now only do day trips from JHB. Fortunately behaviour within the park still seems to be respectable.

BTW: Thre's an article on camping in the Pilanesberg in thecurrent go! magazine

Hi all,

The family & I are off to Manyane, camping for this weekend (1 - 3 May 2009). We've often camped at Manayane and have only really had one semi-nasty incident about 18 months ago. (Bunch of rowdy teenagers)

We've often thought of trying Bakgatla and aim to spend a little time there this weekend to look at our options.

We'll be looking for some caches (We're first timers......) & will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Richard & Sue