[COINTEST] Thanks to the mods........

Team JSAM

Ok so here is the deal, our mods have to take a bunch of crap from us all the time. So what I want you to do is to post a short story about our mods and why they are so cool and thanking them for the VOLUNTEER work that they do. Please only post real stories or feelings, if you try to BS a story up for a free coin that would just be lame so lets not do that, ok.

Top 3 stories win a trackable geocoin. I pick the winners. Cointest ends in 72 hours. No limit to the amount of posts you can make. Have fun.

Please, don't post a single word of negativity, this thread must only be filled with love.

Please.........do tell.

Jake

Edited by Team JSAM

As alot of peps know i was tring to do a mix for everyone about 2 weeks ago, taking fav songs,to make a geocoin music mix. FSM closed my thread. After going back and forth a bunch of times tring to convince him to leave it open, He decided to take it to Groundspeak, I was pretty ticked off. well after a few more mails , going back and forth , he has decided to help me reopen the mix thread, by making it a cointest. were still working out the details, and pm's are slow with him but we will figure it out and get it up and running again.

i just wanna thank him for not making the thread un-seeable as he left for others to view in hopes we could figure out something. so soon i will be opening that thread under a cointest, i have took tomarrow off of work and hope he will be availble to help me get that going again.

yes i could have opened a cointest the day he closed it but i decided to work with him so i know it wont get closed again. i was very upset the day it happened and he took my criticism very well.

he has decided to help me instead of shut me out, and that will allow me to give back to you all in a very special manner(i dont make mixes just for anything/they are alot of work) if i win this cointest the coin i win will go towards keeping that thread open long enuff to allow me to collaborate the music togeather and get everyones songs and postr the mix,, i will be running multipul cointest during this time, and could use a few extra coins to help with that..

so thx to FSM for helping me out with this one as it could have gone a totally different direction and if it had i dunno if i would still be here sharing my time with all of you!!! thx!

My first 'run-in' with a mod was as a newbie. I wanted to start a poll - just to get to know my fellow coinlovers so I started a thread asking a bunch of questions. Harmless, right? :rolleyes:

Next thing I know the thread is gone and I have a polite but direct PM from Eartha explaining that polls need approval from TPTB. At the time I was a little miffed - for it seemed the "no polls allowed" rule was to prevent people from trying to figure out what the next hot coin to make would be by polling their fellow board members - and that so wasn't what I was intending to do AT ALL. But thankfully I realized that Eartha was not the person to direct my ire to and that she was merely doing the thankless task of enforcing the rules.

After contacting TPTB, my poll was re-opened. But what I thought was a very nice and genuinely supportive gesture was the PM I got from Eartha congratulating me on my successful negotiation with TPTB. I didn't save the PM to post here but you could tell Eartha was happy for me and I thought that was very cool.

FSM and I had a little back and forth exchange via PM regarding a post or two of mine that he deleted on a controversial thread/subject. I freely admit I was not happy that my posts were deleted but he never lost his cool with me and allowed me to speak my peace and eventually calm down long enough to realize that it really wasn't a big deal. He was very skilled at dealing with my irritation - even though I tried to be polite and calm, I'm afraid I may not have been as calm as I wanted to be, even though I have some personal experience with moderating a message board - a horrible, thankless task if there ever is one - I found him to be 100 percent professional (a professional moderator? *shudder* :lol: ) at all times.

Groundspeak is very lucky to have Eartha and FSM on their team. I may not agree with everything Groundspeak does but it is always helpful to remember that Eartha and FSM do not make the rules around here but they are here to enforce them and they deserve our continued thanks for doing so.

:mad:

Team JSAM - thanks for the cointest. If I should be lucky enough to be chosen, I would prefer my prize be given to either Eartha or FSM as thanks.

I can remember my first run in with eartha, it was on my first day for my very first posting, I use caps for my login, and put my first few postings in caps. she sent me a pm asking me to not post in caps that it was considered yelling. Of course i was earked that she would tell me how to post and i replyed mabie a bit rudely that i post like that in other forums!! and it was because of my login that i post like that. (because i do, its a trademark for me in another forum i use for djing)and i happen to mention that mabie i shouldent use these forums if it was gonna be like that< probably a bit more rude(i dont remember the word for word)

she sent me back a reply that she wasent pickiing on me that she just wanted me to know how the community views CAPS, and that she did not want me to not use the forums due to the caps, and erged me to post. :rolleyes: thx to that pm i decided to come here and join the fun ,, now im a year in and look at me now,,,lol!!

THX EARTHA FOR BEING WELCOMING TO A NEWBIE.<<<CAPS, YES IM YELLING AT YOU> :lol:

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

Hello to all!

Happy Easter!!!

WE will have Easter in greece, on 19th of April, so we just started the holy week! :lol:

Well, I do not know a lot about our moderators! I wish I knew!

I do not even know if they are men, women, one is man and the other one is woman...

I do not even know a lot about the greek moderator in the greek side, but he is a very cool guy! ;)

I know a moderator of a geocaching foroum of an other coutry who is such a good person..... :mad:

Anyway.. I do not have stories about our moderators, but I have to say that when I saw Eartha's codename I loved the name! It is so cool and fits so much in geocaching!!!

Eartha... I love your code name!!! ;)

About FSM! That's a cool name too!!!! It makes me laugh so much! A flying spaggeti.... :P

When I saw in a post a photo that the FSM sign exist in some cars, I have to say that I was socked a little! I thought that the code name and the avantar was a joke!

I am still wondering if our moderator stamp these cars! :D

Bad words for them??? Why? They are very nice persons, very kind and polite, and if sometimes things are not as we like them, they are just doing their job! Because of them, this foroum is a family friend foroum, geocachers with family (and generally parents) know that their kids can enter in the foroum without any problems etc.... I hope you understand!

What they do, is to fixing things all the time, to help us, to avoid things that could turn in a bad situation between geocachers... and they do all that as volunteers! They do not get paid or something! They are helping us!!!! So, why bad things and hard feeling for them??

Even if someone feels like that, try to get in their place!!!

I am sure they do not like fights! They always have to be polite even if things are not good, they are neutral, they always have to explain things....they always have to be there for us, before us!

By doing their best for the foroum, they make us all happy and help us to communicate even if thousands of miles are seperating us!

they spend their free time for the foroum and for us! And these days Free time is so valuable!!!

These makes them great guys and good friends even if we do not know them a lot! :anicute:

...and something else! As moderators, I think they can not enter in cointests, etc! Isn't that a sucrifise? They are doing their best for the foroum so we can win some coins and have great fun, but they have to stay out! I wish things were different because they deserve it!

So at least they deserve our respect, our best feelings and a huge THANK YOU for being our moderators!

Eartha and flying spaggeti monster, we love you guys! I really mean that!!! <_<

Please forgive any spelling or grammar mistakes I made! English is not my language! :cool:

As I use to say...if I write the post in my language, the post will sound Greek to you!!! :rolleyes:

I haven't had a lot of experiences with the mods, but what little I have had/seen has been very diplomatic. When I was even newer to the forums and caching/coining than I am now, I posted a couple of questions, or maybe in the wrong areas. The way I was corrected made me feel like I was the only one to make this mistake. When finding out later that oftentimes the mistake I made was done dozens of times, I really appreciated the way the mod showed me the right way without making me feel like an idiot or annoying in any way. That is great, and I really appreciate it.

Thanx, Mods, for giving of yourselves and your time, to make this place enjoyable for so many people! Kudos!

I'm not entering the cointest, b/c I don't have any first hand experience, I've never butted heads with the mods If I'm not sure about something, I always run it by one of them first :rolleyes:

Just wanted to come in here and say thank you :lol: They are both very diplomatic in dealing with us. It seems like an exhausting job, so thanks guys for all you do!

I want to thank Eartha for giving me some lee-way on the show us them puppies cointest (my first.) Without going into a lot of detail, that cointest and the purrfect cointest were set up to give me something extra to watch on the forum, during some hard days. Thanks and beads to Eartha!

ILYK

I have been lucky enough to be on the receiving end of some winning coins in different cointests so please don't consider this an entry as I would love for it to go to someone with a good story.

However, it is a good opportunity to thank our mods for volunteering their time to this board so I wanted to add my own thanks. They have been very helpful and prompt in their responses to me and I have appreciated their help. Thank you! :laughing:

I feel that each and every moderator deserves a HUGE thank you! But the one that I feel deserves the most credit would be Eartha. She has gone above and beyond on the Todie's Wild Ride thread. She not only puts up with our MANY posts there, but she actually took the time to help us there by ending mini-cointests, and doing things to help us spread bike awareness. Thank You Eartha!

i only have a little story. as a newbie i have written eartha questions about the geocaching site and a few other questions. she is very prompt and kind. i even had to write her to edit one of my posts that had a coin tracking number in it. typical newbie mistake. eartha had it fixed within a few hours. thanks eartha

i also appreciate the no nonsense approach of FSM. he keeps everyone going in the right direction.

thanks to both of our moderators. job well done especially since it is a volunteer job.

Ok so here is the deal, our mods have to take a bunch of crap from us all the time. So what I want you to do is to post a short story about our mods and why they are so cool and thanking them for the VOLUNTEER work that they do. Please only post real stories or feelings, if you try to BS a story up for a free coin that would just be lame so lets not do that, ok.

Top 3 stories win a trackable geocoin. I pick the winners. Cointest ends in 72 hours. No limit to the amount of posts you can make. Have fun.

Please, don't post a single word of negativity, this thread must only be filled with love.

Please.........do tell.

Jake

it looks like a 72 hour cointest...and it ends sometime today...

Please.........do tell.

Jake

oh i know that,, i just had swore the first day it said 24 hrs,, and mabie thought i was going crazy..??

Please.........do tell.

Jake

oh i know that,, i just had swore the first day it said 24 hrs,, and mabie thought i was going crazy..??

You're not goin' crazy, Dude! It WAS a 24-hour contest, but it was extended. My guess was because there weren't quite as many entries as expected.

Golly gee, I'm blushing here. But last I knew, we have a list of moderators/volunteers that is 6 pages long. There must be more stories than the ones about us geocoin moderators editing your posts and stuff!? Surely you all venture into the other forums on occasion?

There are plenty I'd like to thank for their help over the years, and some I've never even had to opportunity to communicate with. And until I looked at that list, I didn't even realize how many there are! :P

I'm going to add that BrianSnat wins for most forum posts overall, but I think he's been here the longest.

Winners are below. If you are quoted, you have mail. Thanks to all who took the time to post and most of all THANKS T0 ALL THE MODS AND ALL YOU DO.

Jake

Hello to all!

Happy Easter!!!

WE will have Easter in greece, on 19th of April, so we just started the holy week! B)

Well, I do not know a lot about our moderators! I wish I knew!

I do not even know if they are men, women, one is man and the other one is woman...

I do not even know a lot about the greek moderator in the greek side, but he is a very cool guy! :D

I know a moderator of a geocaching foroum of an other coutry who is such a good person..... <_<

Anyway.. I do not have stories about our moderators, but I have to say that when I saw Eartha's codename I loved the name! It is so cool and fits so much in geocaching!!!

Eartha... I love your code name!!! :D

About FSM! That's a cool name too!!!! It makes me laugh so much! A flying spaggeti.... :D

When I saw in a post a photo that the FSM sign exist in some cars, I have to say that I was socked a little! I thought that the code name and the avantar was a joke!

I am still wondering if our moderator stamp these cars! :D

Bad words for them??? Why? They are very nice persons, very kind and polite, and if sometimes things are not as we like them, they are just doing their job! Because of them, this foroum is a family friend foroum, geocachers with family (and generally parents) know that their kids can enter in the foroum without any problems etc.... I hope you understand!

What they do, is to fixing things all the time, to help us, to avoid things that could turn in a bad situation between geocachers... and they do all that as volunteers! They do not get paid or something! They are helping us!!!! So, why bad things and hard feeling for them??

Even if someone feels like that, try to get in their place!!!

I am sure they do not like fights! They always have to be polite even if things are not good, they are neutral, they always have to explain things....they always have to be there for us, before us!

By doing their best for the foroum, they make us all happy and help us to communicate even if thousands of miles are seperating us!

they spend their free time for the foroum and for us! And these days Free time is so valuable!!!

These makes them great guys and good friends even if we do not know them a lot! :)

...and something else! As moderators, I think they can not enter in cointests, etc! Isn't that a sucrifise? They are doing their best for the foroum so we can win some coins and have great fun, but they have to stay out! I wish things were different because they deserve it!

So at least they deserve our respect, our best feelings and a huge THANK YOU for being our moderators!

Eartha and flying spaggeti monster, we love you guys! I really mean that!!! :)

Please forgive any spelling or grammar mistakes I made! English is not my language! :D

As I use to say...if I write the post in my language, the post will sound Greek to you!!! :rolleyes:

I feel that each and every moderator deserves a HUGE thank you! But the one that I feel deserves the most credit would be Eartha. She has gone above and beyond on the Todie's Wild Ride thread. She not only puts up with our MANY posts there, but she actually took the time to help us there by ending mini-cointests, and doing things to help us spread bike awareness. Thank You Eartha!

i only have a little story. as a newbie i have written eartha questions about the geocaching site and a few other questions. she is very prompt and kind. i even had to write her to edit one of my posts that had a coin tracking number in it. typical newbie mistake. eartha had it fixed within a few hours. thanks eartha

i also appreciate the no nonsense approach of FSM. he keeps everyone going in the right direction.

thanks to both of our moderators. job well done especially since it is a volunteer job.

Hello to all! wow! I won? thank you! Congratulations to Team CeDo and UFgatorgirl too!!! :)

I agree! Moderators are all great in all foroums! That is why I wrote a little about the greek moderator, and for the other moderator I know... :rolleyes:

Just becasue most of us are comunicating and generally are here in the geocoin foroum (we are coin addicted!), we posted mostly about the Geocoin foroum moderators!

We love you guys! We thank you all! Keep the good work! B)

I will send email right away! <_<

Thank you for this cointest and for the chance to say some things for our moderators! :)

Please don't get mad at me, I have to close this now that the cointest is over and the winners have responded.

Thank you for your show of appreciation for all the moderators. Moderating here has its rewards too. If it were all no fun, we wouldn't be here. Volunteering for this site is my way of giving back to a hobby that has expanded my horizons, improved my health, even improved my computer skills, and introduced me to so many new friends and places. Have a great day! <_<