long description - 2 parts - national and international

Nerre

Normaly you have to decide "do i want to print the long description or not?".

Where i am from (Germany) most people also speak english and many owners add a international translation to their long description. This is nice for reading wherever you from, but it is annoying if you want to print out the cache since it enlarges the text about 30-40% for a normal multicache (which is the kind it mainly affects).

Since i am a programmer i don't think it is much effort to add a second section to long description which the reader can popup or shrink like he wants.

so it shouldn't be

> short description

> long description

anymore but

> short description

> long national description

> long inational description

you shoudln't be forced to fill out the international description, i think it should be optional. I don't think anybody in his right mind would print out both parts if each one contains the full information needed to solve the cache. the international should be english. maybe the national description could also be brought along with a choosable flag to show which language it is, but that is only a gimmick.

I guess this would help people much to walk around with far less paperwork and reduce printcosts.

yours sincerly

TMecke

PS: i think this is a good candidate for sticky until implemented.

Edited by tmecke

A good idea, but I usually have three languages in my caches, english, swedish and finnish. But I also tried many times to, at least, have the english description in it as it's good that tourists also understand it.

I have a friend that has been to Germany for some caches, and he said that it should be good if the descriptions had been in english. He got at least one cache where it was something written in red. He had no clue what it was, it could have been something important but when he didn't understand it so...

This gets mentioned every now and then, and I think it's a great idea... but I fear it's probably pretty low on the list of tasks.

By the way, when I was in Germany, I found very few of the descriptions to have English. Curiously, often the hints were in English. :D

Jamie