Geocaching humor time

I was reading in a post recently which I will tell you later when i find it again, and I thought, "I should make a thread where people can post geocaching-related jokes." Here you can just goof off about geocaching... It would probably be hybrid of several threads put together, but it still works. Here you can post jokes, riddles, funny stories, and all geocaching humor you can think of or have come across. Feel free to put thread names that you think have funny stuff in them too so people can go off and enjoy other threads too and so that we will have a nice little web of stories that we can go to to read about without having to search all over the thread cosmos. Have fun. :laughing:

Thanks for posting this. I tend to read the forums first for the humor, second for all I learn.

I love the signatures people come up with, like, "shut up and keep looking" and the one I adopted from someone no longer playing the game.

My latest favorite was from the forum thread on Subscriber only caches.

Someone was asking a question about these caches that had been asked many times before. I've heard many complain about repeat topics coming up again and again. This was the way this cacher responded to a topic he/she must have seen many times:

"I thought this topic was scheduled for Thursdays?"

One reply from someone who didn't understand:

"There's a schedule for discussing forum topics? Seriously? "

The appropriate reponse:

"Questions about posts are on Tuesdays."

Then it went on :

"No, Tuesday's discussion is Double Posts. Questions are Saturdays.

\you never get that right!!"

Then of course the moderator had to do their job. They were WAY off topic:

"Sorry, but access to the forum topic discussion schedule is a premium member feature.

Suggestions about the forum topic discussion schedule need to be posted in the Geocaching.com Web Site section of the forums. Please keep on topic."- keystone moderator

I think he was adding to the humor by the first line. Not sure.

His post definately added in the long run...

"I'm sorry, but despite what Keystone posted, discussions about staying on topic are only allowed on Fridays..."

:laughing:

• Funny 1

I really do come here for the humor.

there's a thread about bomb squads blowing up geocaches. Someone replied that all sorts of things get blown up.

There's link to an article. I couldn't get the link to work, but the title seemed to say it all anyway.

Real article:

"Boston police blow up traffic counter chained to lightpost

myfoxboston.com — Thanks to the Boston Police bomb squad, this is one traffic counter box that won't get a chance to kill anyone."

More on bomb squads exploding geocaches:

QUOTE(Clan Riffster @ Feb 17 2009, 10:03 PM)

Typically, it's the first responder who sets the tone for the incident. If Officer Bubba sees a Tupperware and thinks, "Hot Diggity! Them there Al Kay-dah fellers are tryin' to blow up a pine tree!!", it's likely he will escalate the incident to an EOD response. If Deputy Riffster shows up and says, "Hey, there's a cache that's not in my Garmin. Whoo Hoo!! I get a smiley on duty!!" then the incident stops right there. Permission rarely enters into the picture.

Two guys are in the forest looking for a cache. The first guy says, "Did you see that?"

"No," the second guy says.

"Well, a bald eagle just flew overhead," the first guy says.

"Oh," says the second guy.

A couple of minutes later, The first guy says, "Did you see that?"

"See what?" the second guy asks.

"Are you blind? There was a big, black bear walking on that hill, over there."

"Oh."

A few minutes later the first guy says: "Did you see that?"

By now, the second guy is getting aggravated, so he says, "Yes, I did!"

And the first guy says: "Then why did you step in it?"

OK time for a true geocaching story. While participating in a crazy contest in Oregon in 2006 where I had to log the highest D/T cache in each of the 36 counties, I had the chance to visit Cougar Rock.

On the first visit I got there too late in the day and didn't have enough light to find the cache. On the way out I hit a rock with the muffler on my old Honda Civic. Threw the muffler in the trunk and headed for the next county. The next morning I woke up in the car and walked behind the car and noticed that the back bumper was missing. I went and found the cache in that county and then went back 100 miles to where I lost the bumper. By this time it was snowing (September 15). I found the cache and made it home late that day.

Please someone-anyone go back there and find this cache again (GCP4B4).

BTW I ended up tied with the winner with 305.5 points for 36 caches.

Tom Fuller

Crescent, Oregon

Humor? Caching is far to serious for that.

Maybe someone in your area needs to hold an event where you are required to tell a joke on the cache page. Or, you could check out The Dare Cache. It is in orem, utah. It will teach you to have some humor when you try to go renegade. Check out the definition of that word. Thanks, and have a great day. gwf :D

Type geocaching humor into google. Very good results. :D

Yes but you're supposed to be posting the good stuff you find HERE!!

View Full Version : 10 Reasons Not To Bring spouse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

attroll04-16-2005, 09:19 PM

Top 10 Reasons Not To Bring Your Significant Other On A Cache Trip Torry Stiles

By Torry Stiles, aka Torry (http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=5a548571-dffa-48c0-b7b5-2364a8986f48)

10. "Honey. The guide book says watch out for bears. Honey? Honey?"

9. "What do you mean 'Just go behind a tree,' mister?"

8. "Every time you see somebody you whisper 'Pretend we're making out,' Is your GPSr even on?"

7. " Sweetie-kins. It's a CACHE BAG. Not a purse. Okay?"

6. " ...And I suppose Mary Finnegan claimed YOU were the FTF? ..."

5. "What do you mean 'Stop and ask directions?' I've got it on my Magellan right .. right .. Where's my Magellan?"

4. "I'm not sticking my hand in there! Get the salad tongs!"

3. "Are you thinking of caching with someone else when you're caching with me?"

2. "Sweetie. You can't get the ESPN sports-feed satellite on that so stop trying and help me look."

1. "Honey, I'm sorry. I promise you can have the next FTF and I won't knock you down on the trail."

Two guys are in the forest looking for a cache. The first guy says, "Did you see that?"

"No," the second guy says.

"Well, a bald eagle just flew overhead," the first guy says.

"Oh," says the second guy.

A couple of minutes later, The first guy says, "Did you see that?"

"See what?" the second guy asks.

"Are you blind? There was a big, black bear walking on that hill, over there."

"Oh."

A few minutes later the first guy says: "Did you see that?"

By now, the second guy is getting aggravated, so he says, "Yes, I did!"

And the first guy says: "Then why did you step in it?"

Moms Mabley fan?