GPS for motorbike and caching

Hi,

I'm looking for a GPS device which I can use on my motorbike for my tours through europe and for geocaching as well because I don't want to buy two separate systems. I'm thinking about a Garmin Zumo 550. Can it be used for caching?

I have used a 60csx on a motorcycle for a number of years and it works great--and don't forget it is the best caching unit without the paperless mode out there--IMHP

Hi,

I'm looking for a GPS device which I can use on my motorbike for my tours through europe and for geocaching as well because I don't want to buy two separate systems. I'm thinking about a Garmin Zumo 550. Can it be used for caching?

my understanding is that the zumo 550 does have a paperless geocaching mode. I have been wondering about one for my bike too. ( I have a 60cx but the bigger screen might be better when you are going down the road.)

bryan

Hi,

my understanding is that the zumo 550 does have a paperless geocaching mode. I have been wondering about one for my bike too. ( I have a 60cx but the bigger screen might be better when you are going down the road.)

bryan

I use my Zumo for caching all the time. It's very accurate. It's not the easiest thing to hold in your cache while traipsing through the woods, though, so I would recommend caution.

You can use the nuvi GSAK macro to do a "somewhat" paperless caching by using Custom POIs.

The Zumo doesn't have a 'geocaching' mode, but I don't think that's necessarily a big deal.

Note that the Zumo 660 is scheduled to be released soon.

60csx here too. I use the Garmin bike mount and then wrap the lanyard I have on the 60csx around the handlebar as well just in case the mount should fail.

So far no issues. Plus the 'beep' on the unit is actually loud enough that I can hear it even with my full face helmet on.