Wherigo PQ shows (almost) no Caches

thorig

I was just building a Pocket Query for Wherigo caches in the San Francisco area (ZIP code 94109).

The result is just one Wherigo within 18 miles.

If I start the same search on the Wherigo Site there show up a whole lot of caches startin within 1 mile.

Is this behaviour intended?

I see what you mean. Please keep in mind some cartridges do not have an associated geocache on geocaching.com--especially the J2B2 cartridges. "Angel Island Historic Tour" is another example. Wherigo cartridges do not have to have an associated geocache listing.

Most cartridge authors list a geocache's GC in the cartridge's listing if there is a geocache for it listed on geocaching.com.

I was just building a Pocket Query for Wherigo caches in the San Francisco area (ZIP code 94109).

The result is just one Wherigo within 18 miles.

If I start the same search on the Wherigo Site there show up a whole lot of caches startin within 1 mile.

Is this behaviour intended?

To list on Geocaching you must have a physical container and follow saturation, placement, and all the other rules. Some find it easier to just avoid those.

"A Wherigo geocache uses your Wherigo cartridge to lead you ultimately to the physical geocache location. The cartridges must reside at Wherigo.com. If a cartridge is used as a requirement to find a geocache, it is considered a Wherigo cache, regardless of whether it may also have a puzzle or multi-cache component.

Cache saturation applies only to physical containers, and not virtual elements. Standard geocaching guidelines apply.'