NEW COIN! Caching Night in Canada - Now available at 3geeks.ca!

ECplus3

I just got word this week from 3geeks that they will be going ahead with another of my designs: The 'Caching Night in Canada' coin. It will hopefully be available in time for the Stanley Cup finals.

3geeks will be producing a limited run of only 100 coins, but there will be an icon.

NightCaching_front.jpg

NightCaching_back.jpg

NightCaching_icon32.jpgNightCaching_icon16.jpg

I like it! I assume that the light beam is glow-in-the-dark?

That's the plan! :laughing:

It'd be cool if the red firetack reflector was either reflective or glitter as well!

The coin will by 1.5" in diamater, so I don't know if the firetack will be large enough for reflective or glitter to show up well.

will you be selling these through Palehorse Design? and any idea for a date?

No, 3geeks will be selling these on their website: 3 Geeks Outdoor Store

I was talking to thelostgeek this evening and he said the mass production has been given the go-ahead. Hopefully they will be shipped before the final round of the playoffs. :)

The finishes will be: nickel, copper, gold/glow, satin gold/glow.

The last is my AE version -- 10 are being made. I don't know the numbers for the other finishes, but I believe they are still going with a run of only 100 total coins.

I got an email from 3 Geeks saying that they can't ship my order because of issues with the tracking numbers for this coin - has anyone else had this problem?

Mie

The mint made some major errors with the tracking numbers. Some were not valid; others were repeated on several coins; some belonged to another vendor! 3geeks pulled the coins from their site as soon as they discovered the error and contacted all who had had coins shipped already.

The mint will be completely redoing the entire production run (and correcting a minor enamel problem at the same time).

Once the coins are received, they will go back up on the 3geeks site. Unfortunately, thelostgeek is in India right now, so updates may not be as rapid as normal.

I got an email from 3 Geeks saying that they can't ship my order because of issues with the tracking numbers for this coin - has anyone else had this problem?

Mie

The mint made some major errors with the tracking numbers. Some were not valid; others were repeated on several coins; some belonged to another vendor! 3geeks pulled the coins from their site as soon as they discovered the error and contacted all who had had coins shipped already.

The mint will be completely redoing the entire production run (and correcting a minor enamel problem at the same time).

Once the coins are received, they will go back up on the 3geeks site. Unfortunately, thelostgeek is in India right now, so updates may not be as rapid as normal.

Any idea what will become of the ones sent out, maybe a special mistake coin ;) .