Rental Car Travel Bug - TB2HQYV

BTR & D2!

See if you can be one of the lucky few to find this vehicle travel bug (TB2HQYV). The sticker is on a Dark Gray Ford Mustang with North Carolina plates. My wife and I are on a two week vacation and we will be doing a little caching along the way. Here is a broad outline of our itinerary, so if you live in these areas watch for us.

Date - Start Point - Attractions - Finish Point

Sun, 4/12/09 - Douglas, WY - Devils Tower - Keystone, SD

Mon, 4/13/09 - Keystone, SD - Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Carhenge - Scottsbluff, NE

Tue, 4/14/09 - Scottsbluff, NE - Scotts Bluff NM - Colorado Springs, CO

There even is a First To Spot prize: a pair of cheap sunglasses the previous renter left behind on the rear shelf...

Posted in the Travel Bug Forum and here with permission from Electric Mouse

See if you can be one of the lucky few to find this vehicle travel bug (TB2HQYV). The sticker is on a Dark Gray Ford Mustang with North Carolina plates. My wife and I are on a two week vacation and we will be doing a little caching along the way. Here is a broad outline of our itinerary, so if you live in these areas watch for us.

Date - Start Point - Attractions - Finish Point

Sun, 4/12/09 - Douglas, WY - Devils Tower - Keystone, SD

Mon, 4/13/09 - Keystone, SD - Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Carhenge - Scottsbluff, NE

Tue, 4/14/09 - Scottsbluff, NE - Scotts Bluff NM - Colorado Springs, CO

There even is a First To Spot prize: a pair of cheap sunglasses the previous renter left behind on the rear shelf...

Posted in the Travel Bug Forum and here with permission from Electric Mouse

Neat Idea!!! You won't make it to my neck of the wood's, but I though this was pretty cool!! :laughing:

Well, we are back home from our vacation and nobody spotted the Rental Car TB. I dipped it in 35 of the 55 caches (7 DNFs) we snagged on our trip of almost 3600 miles in 14 days.

The furthest north was the virtual cache at Devils Tower in Wyoming and the furthest south was in Alamogordo, NM outside White Sands National Monument. The furthest west was a cache in Moab, UT and the furthest east was a cache at Carhenge in Alliance, NE.

If you are interested: TB Page