Problem with a Garmin plug-in and my GPS

Maybe this belongs in the GPS forum, but I decided to post it here. After not caching for several months during the long winter, today I got a notice for a cache I wanted to try, so I hook up my Garmin 60Cx to my PC and click "Send to GPS". Well, it shoots back a message telling me to install the latest Garmin plug-in. I went through all of the steps (or so I thought), closed everything out and re-booted, and tried again to download the coords. AGAIN...I got the message about downloading the plug-in!!! Apparently I must've done something wrong the first time, but I have no clue what I did or did not do. I thought I followed the directions to the letter.

Can anyone lend a hand and tell me what I'm doing wrong? It's a beautiful day here in southern WI and I'd love to get out and find a few new caches, but it won't let me download. I'm stuck!! HELP!!

Maybe this belongs in the GPS forum, but I decided to post it here. After not caching for several months during the long winter, today I got a notice for a cache I wanted to try, so I hook up my Garmin 60Cx to my PC and click "Send to GPS". Well, it shoots back a message telling me to install the latest Garmin plug-in. I went through all of the steps (or so I thought), closed everything out and re-booted, and tried again to download the coords. AGAIN...I got the message about downloading the plug-in!!! Apparently I must've done something wrong the first time, but I have no clue what I did or did not do. I thought I followed the directions to the letter.

Can anyone lend a hand and tell me what I'm doing wrong? It's a beautiful day here in southern WI and I'd love to get out and find a few new caches, but it won't let me download. I'm stuck!! HELP!!

This issue has several post on the Forums. I had the same problem and when I looked closely at the box it told me to click and reset my account with Garmin. Other people have downloaded IE 7/8 and it cured the problem. Good luck

This issue has several post on the Forums. I had the same problem and when I looked closely at the box it told me to click and reset my account with Garmin. Other people have downloaded IE 7/8 and it cured the problem. Good luck

I am having the same problem.It USED to work! UHH, sounds dumb...but WHAT IS an IE7/8 ?

I am having the same problem.It USED to work! UHH, sounds dumb...but WHAT IS an IE7/8 ?

IE means Internet Explorer. The numbers 7 and 8 refer to the version numbers.

However, here's what OpinoNate posted in another thread (linked below).

(OpinioNate @ Feb 27 2009, 05:24 PM) *

Two things happening here.

1. Send to GPS is a Premium Member feature. It was never meant to be available to Basic Members but that was overlooked and supposed to have been restricted in the last release. Somehow the change was reversed but is scheduled to be fixed [again].

2. Send to GPS is not currently working in IE6. This is also scheduled to be fixed.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=215285

IE means Internet Explorer. The numbers 7 and 8 refer to the version numbers.

However, here's what OpinoNate posted in another thread (linked below).

(OpinioNate @ Feb 27 2009, 05:24 PM) *

Two things happening here.

1. Send to GPS is a Premium Member feature. It was never meant to be available to Basic Members but that was overlooked and supposed to have been restricted in the last release. Somehow the change was reversed but is scheduled to be fixed [again].

2. Send to GPS is not currently working in IE6. This is also scheduled to be fixed.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=215285

Thanks~ I KNEW that was a dumb question! :laughing: