Cannot "Send to GPS"

GroveBird

I am writing on behalf of my brother. He owns a Garmin etrex Venture HC. We have downloaded the USB driver, the communication plugin and even updated the software on the device. Garmin website says the communication test is successful, but the Geocaching website says it cannot find the device.

So....I uninstalled everything. Then reinstalled everything (Thought Maaaybe there was an issue loading some part). I went on the GC website under his user name and agreed to the GC download terms and conditions and still cannot "send files to GPS". He has Win XP pro OS, IE6. He has been able to do it before, but now cannot. Need some help, what could I be doing wrong? What could be blocking this? Thanks for any help in advance.

It's not currently working with IE6 or IE8. Have him update to IE7 or Firefox.

And let me thank you for posting such a nicely detailed post.

Is this: "It's not currently working with IE6 or IE8. Have him update to IE7 or Firefox." A statement of fact? If so, when did it stop working with IE6?

Is this: "It's not currently working with IE6 or IE8. Have him update to IE7 or Firefox." A statement of fact? If so, when did it stop working with IE6?

About a month and a half ago is when the problem started. It is a statement of fact. We are having some issues with the system. We are working diligently to keep up with the growing needs of the site. For the time being, if you have IE7 or FireFox, you may want to try using the Garmin Communicator via that browser.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Here's what OpinoNate posted in another thread (linked below).

(OpinioNate @ Feb 27 2009, 05:24 PM) *

Two things happening here.

1. Send to GPS is a Premium Member feature. It was never meant to be available to Basic Members but that was overlooked and supposed to have been restricted in the last release. Somehow the change was reversed but is scheduled to be fixed [again].

2. Send to GPS is not currently working in IE6. This is also scheduled to be fixed.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=215285

I also have a Garmin eTrex Venture HC. I found that if I have too many caches already download to my GPS that it will not load anymore. Nowhere in the Garmin documentation does it say there is a limit to how many you can add. But once I delete some of them, I am able to add more.....