Receiving Log Notifications From 2006

TexasGringo

I had archive some caches back in 2006 when I moved back to Dallas.

Yesterday, I received email notifications that people found 2 of those archived caches and the the log date was 10/2006.

Here is one.

------------------------------

GeocacherXXX found Lily-1 (Archived) (Traditional Cache) at 10/5/2006

Log Date: 10/5/2006

Found with GeocacherXXX.

------------------------------

Slow Logging?

Or could they not log it until now?

I got this message just trying to post this Forum Message.....

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in E:\Inetpub\forums\GC\ips_kernel\class_db_mysql.php on line 457 PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in E:\Inetpub\forums\GC\sources\ipsclass.php on line 1111

Found with GeocacherXXX.

That sounds like a typical back-dated log, when someone (a kid) gets their own account. They can't remember the details of the hunt, so they post just enough information to make the log legit.

I think it's great that someone now has their own account and is logging all these finds.

Looking at the logs now....I see that they originally posted under one name and then changed names. Now, they are moving all their logs to the new name.

Maybe they should have requested a Name Change and had it done automatically.

For a while there, I thought it might have been old earth signals, bouncing off Asteroids and returning from outer space.....

I see that they originally posted under one name and then changed names. Now, they are moving all their logs to the new name.

Maybe they should have requested a Name Change and had it done automatically.

For a while that's what you had to do to change names. I've found that many people don't know that the situation has changed and you can now request a name change.

If the cacher in question has many more to go, a courtesy note to let them know of the new procedure might be welcomed.

I thought maybe this was going to be one of my logs. I just went and logged about a dozen caches I found in 2005 or 2006. I've got about another dozen to log from the same era, I just have to figure out which ones they are. Then again, I always note in my logs that I'm logging them a few years late.

Jamie

Edited by Jamie Z