Our Sprocket Geocoin - COINTEST SEE POST 63

onthehunt101

These our are new geocoins that our coming out. There are quite a few of us that will be selling these coins when they arrive. I was given specifics on the coin so I am listing them.

100 Blue - 100 Orange - 100 Green

They are Zinc

They have 2 3D sides - the chain sticks up on both sides.

trackable

4.5mm thick

I was told that there will be no presales. Everyone is waiting to receive the geocoins to make sure that they look good.

Sprocket.jpg

Thanx J :) for posting the pic so I could use it.

Edited by onthehunt101

They are Zinc

trackable

4.5mm thick

First off I love the design! ;)

A couple questions:

1. Why Zinc?

2. 3D design...seems like a 2D design with a number of levels. What is 3D

3. 4.5 that is thick!!! :laughing:

The 3D design is mostly the chain around the coin. It will actually stick out on the back of the coin and the front. That is what also created the thickness. The coin will have levels, and I thought the same thing when I looked at it.

If anybody has a good description of what is 3D and 2D, I would also like to know where that fine line crosses?

The inner level that makes the sprocket will be considerably thinner. The chain will have the appearance of being as real as possible. And as far as your question at the end of #2, if you find out that answer please let me know...lol I'm not a coin maker, I just help design. I hope that answers #2 & #3.

Now #1 was explained to me that due to the fact the Chain was going to have some really small cuts it would be easier to use Zinc because it was a little softer and be forgiving on some of the cuts. All I can tell you on that one is the price didn't change, so we went with what Coins and Pins recommended. I am going off their knowledge of the materials.

:)

Edited by OTT Team

They are Zinc

trackable

4.5mm thick

First off I love the design! ;)

A couple questions:

1. Why Zinc?

2. 3D design...seems like a 2D design with a number of levels. What is 3D

3. 4.5 that is thick!!! :laughing:

The 3D design is mostly the chain around the coin. It will actually stick out on the back of the coin and the front. That is what also created the thickness. The coin will have levels, and I thought the same thing when I looked at it.

If anybody has a good description of what is 3D and 2D, I would also like to know where that fine line crosses?

The inner level that makes the sprocket will be considerably thinner. The chain will have the appearance of being as real as possible. And as far as your question at the end of #2, if you find out that answer please let me know...lol I'm not a coin maker, I just help design. I hope that answers #2 & #3.

Now #1 was explained to me that due to the fact the Chain was going to have some really small cuts it would be easier to use Zinc because it was a little softer and be forgiving on some of the cuts. All I can tell you on that one is the price didn't change, so we went with what Coins and Pins recommended. I am going off their knowledge of the materials.

:)

The zinc I can understand if the areas are small and the chain effect carries to the edges not just the front and back.

As for 3D, it is usually that fact the there is no distinction from one level to the next. 2D can have lots of level. I know of a coin that had 5 and I have done many with 3 and even one with 4. The levels never blended from one to the next which is what I would think would make it 3D. The only caveat would be the edge again. Not sure how that is being handled from the artwork show.

I really can’t wait to see the samples.

The Sprocket Geocoin is here. Please note that all sells and trades will not start until Monday the 11th of May. I want to thank all the people that helped create this coin. It turned out great. I will try and get some shots of it from an angle to show how the chain stands up from the coin. :D:P

a1.jpg

b1.jpg

The Sprocket Geocoin is here. Please note that all sells and trades will not start until Monday the 11th of May. I want to thank all the people that helped create this coin. It turned out great. I will try and get some shots of it from an angle to show how the chain stands up from the coin. :D:P

a1.jpg

b1.jpg

Those turned out nice !

I was just checking into the Custom Icon, and I believe they said it will be posted soon on www.coincodes.com. I just wanted to answer that question in advance. lol

You beat me to it. Here are more photos, but they are a little blurry. One of these days I'll make befriend someone with a HD Camera. lol

C1.jpg

C3.jpg

C5.jpg

Yamaha Blue, Kawasaki Green, Honda Red. All very nice. All you need is a Suzuki Yellow and it would be complete...lol

Can't wait to get one

I figure there has to be some motorcycle cachers out there. The Orange looks red in the picture but is actually a neon orange for KTM. If these go quick enough. We will probably make the yellow and red and maybe even just ones without any color. The back side of the coin houses the tracking number and it is just all shiny, which gives it a stainless steel look.

I want a whole set but, I'm broke 'til the 14th, if even then. :D Where will these be for sale ?

We took on partners for this Geocoin, so there are quite a few places to get them.

I'll let you know when everybody gets their shipment of coins which will be sometime around Friday or Saturday. Plus some of us are still fighting with our websites....lol

Edited by OTT Team

Thursday night in which time zone, please? (Writes the Navy person in Japan... ; ) )

Completely understandable.... lol That is an excellent question. Let's see.... we have a partner in Hawaii, one in Oregon, and the rest are in Ohio and Pennsylvania.

To be honest, this is probably how this is going to play out. I will announce when I have been given the green light. From there I'm sure they will explode on to ebay. But wait.... Before ya'll read that and start sighing... I personally will be offering geocoins to fellow cachers on this forum. I know that it is hard to budget money for coins, and it is hard to compete when they hit the "EBAY".

I just want to remind everyone that their were 300 coins minted, and at 10 shares that only leaves each member with 30 coins.

Two of us will be selling off of our websites, but I must warn mine doesn't have a "Checkout Cart" it just has an email address and pictures to look at. I accept PayPal. But I can't accept order until the green light is lit. My website is:

Off The Trail Team (OTT TEAM)

The other site is:

Geo Track Coins

As far as a time... which was the original question. I don't know. I'm thinking we wouldn't know until 10pm Eastern Time on Thursday night.

As for price, we are all operating as separate units therefore I can not specific a price that they will follow. After they receive their coins it will become a free for all. lol

Any question?