PN 40 Problem

So this morning, I jump in the Geo mobile micro van, put a couple charged AA's in the PN 40 turn it on and it just hangs on the splash screen. :)

OK, lets try another set. I have to pull a battery to shut it down.

I need to aquire sats, so I plug in the 12v external power while I change these.

I get the other set in, but what's that smell?

I'm groping my charger, phone, pwr cord and nothing is hot. Look around, oh well I'll deal with it when I see smoke or flames.

Long story short, (too late I know) the unit will power up and run with external power, but on batts it will either not start or will hang on startup. It will run a short while on batt's and shut down.

This is with 2 different sets of rechargables, 2 AA's from my bag, then I bought a new pack of AA's at big orange. Same results. I don't think it's the batt's.

I regularly connect external power while driving, and have changed batt's while connected many times both with the 40 and my 60CSx.

I will call or Email Delorme Monday, but if anyone has any ideas that will be GREAT!

Thanks!!

Christopher

So this morning, I jump in the Geo mobile micro van, put a couple charged AA's in the PN 40 turn it on and it just hangs on the splash screen. :)

I need to aquire sats, so I plug in the 12v external power while I change these.

I'm groping my charger, phone, pwr cord and nothing is hot. Look around, oh well I'll deal with it when I see smoke or flames.

Long story short, (too late I know) the unit will power up and run with external power, but on batts it will either not start or will hang on startup. It will run a short while on batt's and shut down.

This is with 2 different sets of rechargables, 2 AA's from my bag, then I bought a new pack of AA's at big orange. Same results. I don't think it's the batt's.

I regularly connect external power while driving, and have changed batt's while connected many times both with the 40 and my 60CSx.

I will call or Email Delorme Monday, but if anyone has any ideas that will be GREAT!

Thanks!!

Christopher

Please call us Monday morning at 800-561-5105 and we will take care of you. I can't diagnose this based on what you've said here but one of our techs (all in New England) can help you and if you need a repair or new unit we will take care of you quickly. Sorry about this inconvenience.

-- Caleb

Thanks!!

Christopher