Did not receive pocket queries

doingitoldschool

I ran three PQ's today. The site says they were generated at:

4/10/2009 12:54:12 PM

4/10/2009 2:13:46 PM

4/10/2009 2:12:54 PM

I did not receive them, they are not in my spam box, and my account is paid up.

I did get a seperate one at 4/10/2009 7:39:40 PM that I had not checked,

nor do I have it set to come once a week. I had asked for it last week, and just got it today.

I had the same issue (and still).

I create PQ's and got the preview screen, but no email.

After several attempts I finally got an email, but it had the wrong data in it!

Is there a problem with the PQ's or is it user related?

Does anybody know how I can get this solved? Let me know how

There are several threads going on this and there has been no recent response from GS with any type of explanation.

They've got our money and know we really have no decent alternative but to use this site if we want to geocache.

This issue should be sticky and in the Announcements section.

I am now off to cache with an outdated PQ. I wonder how much time I'll waste looking for a cache that isn't there?

We're waiting for a PQ since yesterday, too.

But, even without the PQ, we wouldn't waste anytime looking for a cache that isn't there. It really doesn't take long to run through the list of caches we are going to visit and determine when they were last found or if they have been archived.

No doubt that this will be fixed. It's really a minor inconvenience. I'm always amused at those who paid the $30 annual fee and seem to think that they deserve 24/7 tech support 365 or so days a year. Given the services we do get, $30 is a bargain.

I still haven't received the queries I asked for, and the site claimed were generated, yesterday.

They are sent to a gmail account, not hotmail.

I understand when things aren't working right, and need to be fixed, but I would like at least a short blurb from TPTB on the status of PQ's - this is a major problem that many people are reporting on.

Pocket Queries are the major reason why I pay a premium membership. 30 dollars is a bargain, but that doesn't make a serious problem any less serious.

Edited by doingitoldschool

We're waiting for a PQ since yesterday, too.

But, even without the PQ, we wouldn't waste anytime looking for a cache that isn't there. It really doesn't take long to run through the list of caches we are going to visit and determine when they were last found or if they have been archived.

No doubt that this will be fixed. It's really a minor inconvenience. I'm always amused at those who paid the $30 annual fee and seem to think that they deserve 24/7 tech support 365 or so days a year. Given the services we do get, $30 is a bargain.

Due the distance I have to travel to get to caches its not feasible for me to check each one before we go. We may head in one direction but be stopped by snow and have to go somewhere completely different several miles away.

This problem has been ongoing and recurring for some time. I expect there to be problems but I also expect a response from GS.

My scheduled PQ's came in on time this morning. Just after 0400 Eastern time which is 0100 Pacific time. So, for some of us, it was working ok then.

And I just ran My Finds and it came through instantly.

I hope you don't wait all day again like last weekend.

Still waiting...

Now, did some of you say that if I start a brand new query, chances are that it will come quickly?

Added after above-

I deleted the queries I had asked for yesterday, made up new ones asking for the exact same info, and got them in 3 minutes.

I'm glad to get them, but that's still a bit wonky. Do PQ's have a shelf life?

Edited by doingitoldschool

nor do I have it set to come once a week. I had asked for it last week, and just got it today.

I requested 2 queries today --- showed that they ran but rec'd no e-mail of them. It's a problem as we've been traveling and if hinders our ability to geocache. :laughing:

I requested 2 queries today --- showed that they ran but rec'd no e-mail of them. It's a problem as we've been traveling and if hinders our ability to geocache. :laughing:

Check out my post #12 - it worked!

I created and ran a PQ last night around 7:00 PDT and it arrived in my email in less than a minute.

Re your shelf life comment, the answer is no. I have several PQ's that I created sometime ago and they run on a regular basis (but never more frequent than 7 days). The only down side to regularly scheduled PQ's is they will consistently arrive later and later each time you schedule them. For this reason, about every 3 - 4 months, I copy my PQ's and submit the news ones to move back up in the queue.

Howdy,

My PQ's supposedly ran yesterday but I certainly never received them. I've rarely had problems.

The problems with PQ's running later and later even though they run once a week is a pain. I certainly understand that should happen (i.e., they should become lower priority) if you run them multiple times a week but running a day later or even never isn't something I'd expect.

Good Luck,

herbs2

People who have PQs run but not delivered should include who they use for e-mail.

I've been using Gmail for years for PQs and have had a problem on one day.

I've always thought that someone must have created a list of known email providers that have issues with geocaching.com. There's always so much speculation in that regard, such a list might be helpful.

Does anyone know if, in fact such a list does exist? Alternatively how about a list of those that are known to work successfully? You know, like gmail, yahoo and msn.

Edited by Team Cotati

I do have the same problem with my gmail-account. My finds PQ run on 4/10/2009 12:15:06 PM has not arrived. So I created a new query to see if it works - and that arrived immediatly.

What email provider was that? When it worked of course. ;-)

Edited by Team Cotati

I do have the same problem with my gmail-account. My finds PQ run on 4/10/2009 12:15:06 PM has not arrived. So I created a new query to see if it works - and that arrived immediatly.

What email provider was that? When it worked of course. ;-)

It was gmail.com

That's great news. So now we have yahoo.com, gmail.com, msn.com and hotmail.com that are known good email providers that are compatible with geocaching.com.

Hopefully this will remove at least one of the variables.

Thanks.

Edited by Team Cotati

4 queries that were scheduled to run today ran, but have yet to be received. The GC site says they ran at:

4/13/2009 12:51:09 AM

4/13/2009 12:51:51 AM,

4/13/2009 1:42:08 AM,

4/13/2009 1:53:10 AM

I am not using gmail, hotmail, yahoo, or any other of the freebie sites, nor through my ISP. Other mail from GC (new cache notifications etc) have come through without a problem.

Here is my story:

1 PQ missing from Friday

1 missing from today (Monday)

2 from today (Monday) sent to my regular email, not the account I have used for PQs for a year or so. (Not gmail, hotmail, or yahoo. Its a regular email through my ISP)

Zemmy!