Stopping in Chicago on train Ride to Kansas City

Beast of Traal

In about a month I will be taking A bike trip in Missouri and will have a 6 hour layover in Chicago on the Train ride for Louisiana to Kansas City. I would like to see the Sears tower and eat a Chicago Pizza an do some caches in the area. If anyone would like to meet me at the station or has any suggestions of where to eat near the station reply to this post.

In about a month I will be taking A bike trip in Missouri and will have a 6 hour layover in Chicago on the Train ride for Louisiana to Kansas City. I would like to see the Sears tower and eat a Chicago Pizza an do some caches in the area. If anyone would like to meet me at the station or has any suggestions of where to eat near the station reply to this post.

Exit Union Station on Adams St and head east over the river to Wacker Drive and then look up. That's the Sears Tower :D

Keep walking East on Adams until it ends at Michigan Ave. Look across the street...thats the Art Institute and the world famous lion statues flanking the stairs.

Now turn North and go a block...you'll be at the SW corner of Millennium Park. Be sure to check out GCJZDR - Cloud Gate aka The Bean.

Walk about 6 blocks north on Michigan Ave., cross over the river and visit GC8FBF Stone Faced that webscouter recommended.

Keep walking North and enjoy "The Magnificent Mile"

When you get to Ontario St go west 2 blocks to Pizzeria Due (my fav) in a beautiful old Victorian-style mansion.

If you still have an hour or so to burn, check out the Chicago River Architecture Boat Tour.

You will definatly want to eat at Gino's East Pizza on Superior street.(Bring a black marker with you) It will not be real close to the Sears tower but is worth the trip right down Michigan ave to Superior...It is not to far from Chicago's Water Tower(1 block) and is only 2 blocks from The John Hancock Center...Chicago's Water Tower is a virtual cache and I think the Hancock center is too...I dont ride a bike but I might possibly be able to meet you that day and hang out with you and visit the sites and have some great pizza

By the way the Sears Tower does not exsist anymore, the name has been changed to the Willis Tower or something stupid like that (what a joke)...1st Marshall Fields and then The Sears Tower... Whats next, maybe Wrigley Field will become Geico Field or something like that

Gino's Website

Downtown - Chicago

162 E. Superior St

Chicago, IL 60611

Phone: 312-266 DEEP (3337)

Fax: 312-266-6770

Edited by CHI-TOWN ROMEO