Multi Stage question

SRV4ev

I've searched for the answer, but either don't understand the rules, or can't find it.

I'd like to create a multi-stage cache where the final cache is within feet of the begining waypoint.

So the cacher would travel all around from waypoint to waypoint, and end up exactly where they started, which is where the real cache is hidden.

Is this within the rules?

Thanks,

SRV4ev

Yes. I am aware of at least one cache that covers around 15 or so miles over several stages only to end around 25 feet from the starting point. Not many actually log this cache but those who do haven't stopped speaking to me...er...I mean the CO.

I am aware of 4 multi-caches where the starting and ending coordinates are the same.

Two of them tout themselves as "the (area's) shortest multi-cache."

One of them, even though the 2 stages have the same coordinates, they are over 400 feet apart. You do the math :laughing:

Edit 4 spad belling.

Edited by Lil Devil

I would make it a puzzle cache multi where the 1st way point took you to a monument etc. where you have to use the information to calculate the 2nd waypoint. That way the cacher wouldn't be searching at all for an actual container or the next coords. written someplace.

That's a great idea - that way at the first waypoint, they aren't actually looking for a cache or container. I like that idea.

SRV4ev

I would make it a puzzle cache multi where the 1st way point took you to a monument etc. where you have to use the information to calculate the 2nd waypoint. That way the cacher wouldn't be searching at all for an actual container or the next coords. written someplace.

That's a great idea - that way at the first waypoint, they aren't actually looking for a cache or container. I like that idea.

SRV4ev

That's assuming everyone actually bothers to read the cache page. That's a dangerous assumption.

Actually, I do have one just like what you suggest. The first is a monument, then there are three other stages with plaques to calculate the final. The final is within 100 feet of the original (and, presumably, they are right back at their car). I just didn't make the final TOO close.

Anyone attempting a puzzle cache without reading the cache page is, well, doomed anyway. Best of luck to them.

Actually, I do have one just like what you suggest. The first is a monument, then there are three other stages with plaques to calculate the final. The final is within 100 feet of the original (and, presumably, they are right back at their car). I just didn't make the final TOO close.

Anyone attempting a puzzle cache without reading the cache page is, well, doomed anyway. Best of luck to them.

I'm developing one, using that same strategy. We have a memorial park on the National Registry, & under the state's Dept. of Cultural Resources - I had to fill out like 9 pages of paperwork to get permission to place a cache there, & I feel privileged to have received it. It'll be a walking tour of several 'artifact' sites* there, at each station finding info for the next stop. After what I went thru you better believe you're gonna have to work for THAT smiley!

• Richard Caswell (our state's first governor) memorial & museum - & the park's namesake

• Display of reclaimed remains of the Confederate ironclad gunship/ram CSS Neuse

(Story: http://www.nchistoricsites.com/neuse/recovery.htm )

(Also, a full-scale seaworthy replica has been built in our downtown area; I'm hoping to tie in)

• Vietnam & Korean war veterans memorial

• Coastal Lowlands Nature Walk w/footbridge

• Scenic view of Neuse River with picnic area

You also better believe there won't be no film can or Mr Blinky at the end!!

I ain't quite ready to be tarred, feathered & pilloried just yet. :laughing:

~*

That's assuming everyone actually bothers to read the cache page. That's a dangerous assumption.

For a multi-cache, I think it's a fair assumption.

I rarely read the cache page for traditionals, but I will always read it for multis so I know if I'm looking for a physical container, or if I'm supposed to count crows.