Are there any geocoins about artists?

Penguin_ar

Try again (first post didn't appear.) Ancient cultures Starry night, and the Scream, Persistence of Caching, and somewhere I remember seeing a coin based on the clock in St. Mark's Square (venice..a little help with the name please, and if anyone has one for trade or sale, please let me know...my wife and I toasted our 10 year anniversay in front of that clock...I'd love to get one.)

IMG_NEW-3-3.jpg

No coins with pictures of artists come to mind, but perhaps it's time to make a Van Gogh Geocoin with a little magnetic removable ear lobe (sorry, it needed to be said.)

ILYK
somewhere I remember seeing a coin based on the clock in St. Mark's Square (venice..a little help with the name please, and if anyone has one for trade or sale, please let me know...my wife and I toasted our 10 year anniversay in front of that clock...I'd love to get one.)

Thanks for your reply! I had a google for the coin you are looking for and I think it is this one:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=183797

Edited by Penguin_ar
somewhere I remember seeing a coin based on the clock in St. Mark's Square (venice..a little help with the name please, and if anyone has one for trade or sale, please let me know...my wife and I toasted our 10 year anniversay in front of that clock...I'd love to get one.)

Thanks for your reply! I had a google for the coin you are looking for and I think it is this one:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=183797

that's the one...thanks!

I've always been curious about these coins. I don't know who made them so I've never known who to contact to ask, but was permission granted for the use of the artist's work?

I don't mean to stir up any trouble but I've been a long time fan of Georgia O'Keefe's work and at one time tried to get permission to use her art for a coin but never got a reply back. So I just scrapped the idea.

Maybe I'm going about getting permission the wrong way. It would be helpful to know how the coin makers of the coins photographed in this thread went about it. :)

Try again (first post didn't appear.) Ancient cultures Starry night, and the Scream, Persistence of Caching, and somewhere I remember seeing a coin based on the clock in St. Mark's Square (venice..a little help with the name please, and if anyone has one for trade or sale, please let me know...my wife and I toasted our 10 year anniversay in front of that clock...I'd love to get one.)

IMG_NEW-3-3.jpg

No coins with pictures of artists come to mind, but perhaps it's time to make a Van Gogh Geocoin with a little magnetic removable ear lobe (sorry, it needed to be said.)

ILYK

ha ha the other day i saw this thread and there was no replys but i couldent for the life of me think of the name of the coin i knew was based off a painting,,, you nailed it ,,, the perstance of caching,,,brain fart!!!

I've always been curious about these coins. I don't know who made them so I've never known who to contact to ask, but was permission granted for the use of the artist's work?

I don't mean to stir up any trouble but I've been a long time fan of Georgia O'Keefe's work and at one time tried to get permission to use her art for a coin but never got a reply back. So I just scrapped the idea.

Maybe I'm going about getting permission the wrong way. It would be helpful to know how the coin makers of the coins photographed in this thread went about it. :)

Welcome to my world...no reply from Mr. Bencini, but stuff happens, and he just might not be able to reply to my request to use an image of his statue as a coin.

I'm working on a different coin, also to be called Kathy's coin..more later.

ILYK

In regards to copyright: the coins with Rembrandt/ Van Gogh etc are probably out of copyright due to age?

With newer art, if you cannot find an address for the painter him/ herself, try contacting a gallery where the artist exhibits, or the publisher of a book of theirs, they should be able to pass on a message to the artist or his/her estate.