Looking for a new GPS and what to do with old one

I was given the Garmin etrex for my birthday. I was excited to try my hand and GEO Chaching. But I never used it cause I found it to be hard to get the info into. Excuse my lack or GEO speak.

I tried putting the info in by hand, but I just could not get the hang of it, so its still sitting on my desk. Id love to get into this though, so Im thinking of upgrading to a newer unit.

The main problem was that you have to enter by hand. I want a unit that I can just download to and its there in my unit. Of course the other is that the screen is soooo small. Im not that young any more that I want to squint to see where I need to go.

Been looking at the Garmin Venture. Any body have one that can give me a good or bad review on it? I need to keep the budget for this as close to $100 as possible. No need to maps I dont think. Just Geo caching.

And anyone want this ond one? Or suggestions on how to sell it?

Thanks

Phillip

Edited by NeedsMet

Does your old unit have a USB computer interface?

If the answer is yes, then you already have what you need! Pocket querys (premimum membership is like $30 per year and well worth it!),and programs like GSAK (free), make downloading thousands of waypoints (or hundreds of cache locations) as easy as a few mouse clicks!

Don't give up on your old unit! Of course if you do want to get rid of it,, I'm a sucker for a good deal!

Does your old unit have a USB computer interface?

If the answer is yes, then you already have what you need! Pocket querys (premimum membership is like $30 per year and well worth it!),and programs like GSAK (free), make downloading thousands of waypoints (or hundreds of cache locations) as easy as a few mouse clicks!

Don't give up on your old unit! Of course if you do want to get rid of it,, I'm a sucker for a good deal!

i didnt know gsak was free... Joe