What kind of things can you leave in a cache?

3isamagic#

Hi

I am a newbie, but am hooked all the way. I have a couple of questions about what I can leave in a cache. I know...no fireworks or food and all that common sense stuff, but what about advertising stuff? Can I order a bunch of personalized pens and leave them? I noticed a business card in a cache, but I was thinking about something people would want like pens or balloons or whatever. When I get brave enough to make my own cache, I want a theme. Can I advertise something? Hmmm...I think I am being too PC. I work for a foreign exchange student company and would love to leave (or create a cache theme) things that would promote exchange students. Would it be ok to have pens made up? Also, has anyone seen adoption geocoins?? They have to be out there somewhere....I saw albino lobsters from northeastern Maine...so adoption awaremess must be out there....how do I find them to start it going??

Thank you!

Hi

I am a newbie, but am hooked all the way. I have a couple of questions about what I can leave in a cache. I know...no fireworks or food and all that common sense stuff, but what about advertising stuff? Can I order a bunch of personalized pens and leave them? I noticed a business card in a cache, but I was thinking about something people would want like pens or balloons or whatever. When I get brave enough to make my own cache, I want a theme. Can I advertise something? Hmmm...I think I am being too PC. I work for a foreign exchange student company and would love to leave (or create a cache theme) things that would promote exchange students. Would it be ok to have pens made up? Also, has anyone seen adoption geocoins?? They have to be out there somewhere....I saw albino lobsters from northeastern Maine...so adoption awaremess must be out there....how do I find them to start it going??

Thank you!

Noobe here to, but heres my view anyways:

From what I've read in the rules a cache can't have a commercial advertising effect or be pushing an agenda. For instance, you can't put a cache in the parking lot of a NRA Headquarters, with a note inside that says you must go inside the NRA building and talk to someone.

On the other hand, there isn't any reason you couldn't have a cache in the NRA parking lot that didn't involve anything but signing the log book, and trading an item.

Also (something that seems acceptable to me) would be to have a cache at a great view point in the woods, and stock it with items that say NRA on them. This would be no different than using NRA items to trade with in any other cache.

This is only my opinion, and I'm sure a Mod will jump in here and correct me on my details if I'm off based.

-Jesse