STATS how to do

Hi Itchy

Now you've got GSAK running you need to install a macro. I prefer Findstatsgen3 which you get from the macro page here. but you can also visit other sites for different versions, itsnotaboutthenumbers is another popular site.

Run a 'my finds' pocket query, import to GSAK, run the macro and it will generate a stats page. View the source, copy the HTML and past it into your profile page ..... simple ;)

You might want to have a browse through this forum here I found it extremely helpful although it is a little confusing to start.

No worries, I just remembered seeing a simpler method using an automated macro, just tried it out and it works a treat, see here for more info.

Edited to add a warning - back up your profile page before running the automatic stats on GSAK as it completely overwrites everything in the 'profile information' section. Simple to sort if you have a copy ...... just wish I'd thought of that sooner ;)

Edited by Handsyhands

Run a 'my finds' pocket query, import to GSAK, run the macro and it will generate a stats page. View the source, copy the HTML and past it into your profile page ..... simple :D

Even simpler than that, the source is automatically copied to the clipboard by the macro ready to paste in to your profile page :huh:

FindStatGen is a fantastic macro which will spout all sorts of useless information ... you've only got to look at my profile to see that! :laughing:

It can take a bit of fiddling around to get set up though, particularly for the Placed Caches stats and for the Counties/Regions maps.

Even easier is to try Geocache Log, it is a viable alternative to GSAK, and it requires NO Macros to do all the stuff. Uploads to GPS, uploads to PDA, .csv files for Memory Map and PDA, Stats updates, upload to iPod (as notes) and much much more.

I have used it from the start and even though I have a registered copy of GSAK I much prefer to use Geocache Log.

Cheers folks

Edited by DrDick&Vick

Thanks for the heads up Hawkeye, I was running an older version of FreeStatsGen and didn't realise the Counties map was now available. Well chuffed with it. I've had a bit of a tidy up on my profile page and managed to automate most of it now. I download a zipped PQ for my finds from GC.Com into GSAK, then run GenUploadStats macro which does everything else including updating my profile page. I have written my own html which I paste to the top and Bobs my Uncle, takes less than 30 seconds.

OK ....... it did take some figuring out and hours of forum browsing but worth it in the end in my opinion.

take a look :)

Hi all, 'm new to geocaching and have seen a lot of the pages with stats so I've just downloaded GSAK to have a look at it, not sure how to add the stats to my page yet but I'm sure I'll get there...one question though, do you all use GSAK to upload to your gps's too and if so what GPS's have you got, maybe I should have added this under a new topic......who knows !

Spurty

OK ....... it did take some figuring out and hours of forum browsing but worth it in the end in my opinion.

Yes, it can take a bit of fiddling to get right, but one of the best things about GSAK is the user forum - always helpful.

I think you need to run the 'Add Logs' macro on your placed cache as not all the logs are showing up in the stats.

Yes, it can take a bit of fiddling to get right, but one of the best things about GSAK is the user forum - always helpful.

I think you need to run the 'Add Logs' macro on your placed cache as not all the logs are showing up in the stats.

Well I can see you chose your Geocaching name wisely .... I hadn't noticed myself, ran the macro and all now present and correct. Thanks for your help :)

http://www.logicweave.com/ CacheStats. Free.

Look on our profile (OK, bit out of date 'cos I've ignored it for a while).

Do a PQ of your finds, dump it into CacheStats and there you are!

Chris (MrB)

Many thanks for the suggestion!

Downloaded the software, ran a PQ of finds for the first time (only became premium members today) played the stats and our profile was updated. 20 mins start to finish! :D

Personally I prefer GSAK/FindStatsGen over other methods I've tried as you can easily mark moving caches (and a few other oddities) as Locationless and exclude them from your stats.

For example, a lot of cachers found Fast Forward - Such den Bulli last August while it was in Harrogate area but their stats would now say that they found a cache in Hannover huh.gif

Or you can edit the co-ordinates for locationless caches (and caches like Fast Forward - Such den Bulliso) within GSAK and then lock them. In this way they reflect where you really found them and there is no need to exclude any caches from your stats. It's a bit of a pain to go through them all first time around but you only need to do it once.

It can take a bit of fiddling around to get set up though, particularly for the Placed Caches stats and for the Counties/Regions maps.

I think I'm being a bit thick here but just how did you get FindStatsGen to do the counties / 'states' map thing? I've been playing about with it for ages (the macro!!) and I can't find anything that relates to county maps at all :D . I can get the map of Europe, the World and even the U.S.of A. but not UK counties.

I think I'm being a bit thick here but just how did you get FindStatsGen to do the counties / 'states' map thing? I've been playing about with it for ages (the macro!!) and I can't find anything that relates to county maps at all :) . I can get the map of Europe, the World and even the U.S.of A. but not UK counties.

You need to download the file from here, see post 35 It needs to go inside your Macro file which in turn is inside the GSAK file. The when running FindStatsGen ensure the map is ticked and it should work :D

Personally I prefer GSAK/FindStatsGen over other methods I've tried as you can easily mark moving caches (and a few other oddities) as Locationless and exclude them from your stats.

For example, a lot of cachers found Fast Forward - Such den Bulli last August while it was in Harrogate area but their stats would now say that they found a cache in Hannover :D

Mark

I missed that one but did find the Rock that Rolls from Texas, I will now correct it :)

I think I'm being a bit thick here but just how did you get FindStatsGen to do the counties / 'states' map thing? I've been playing about with it for ages (the macro!!) and I can't find anything that relates to county maps at all :) . I can get the map of Europe, the World and even the U.S.of A. but not UK counties.

You need to download the file from here, see post 35 It needs to go inside your Macro file which in turn is inside the GSAK file. The when running FindStatsGen ensure the map is ticked and it should work :D

Yep.... that sorted it... Thanks

For example, a lot of cachers found Fast Forward - Such den Bulli last August while it was in Harrogate area but their stats would now say that they found a cache in Hannover huh.gif

Or you can edit the co-ordinates for locationless caches (and caches like Fast Forward - Such den Bulliso) within GSAK and then lock them. In this way they reflect where you really found them and there is no need to exclude any caches from your stats. It's a bit of a pain to go through them all first time around but you only need to do it once.

Rather than edit the original coords and then locking them, you can also use the corrected coords feature, which doesn't get over-ridden if you import a new GPX file. I also use this feature for solved puzzles. The corrected coords are untouched by any subsequent imports, and even remain (albeit hidden) if you were to accidentally delete the cache altogether.

OK, I've got GSAK generating some pretty stats for me. The question I haven't seen answered anywhere is: do you have to manually re-run that (i.e. get the PQ, import it into GSAK, run the Stats macro, export that into your GC profile) every time you want to update your stats? Seems like an awful hassle - is there no way of getting some sort of automated stats? :drama:

Ian

OK, I've got GSAK generating some pretty stats for me. The question I haven't seen answered anywhere is: do you have to manually re-run that (i.e. get the PQ, import it into GSAK, run the Stats macro, export that into your GC profile) every time you want to update your stats? Seems like an awful hassle - is there no way of getting some sort of automated stats? :drama:

Ian

Short answer.

Yes.

But.

There is an Auto feature to add it to your profile...

(Sure someone else knows where!)

Ian

Short answer.

Yes.

But.

There is an Auto feature to add it to your profile...

(Sure someone else knows where!)

As far as I know it is a manual button click on gc.com to generate the 'My Finds' PQ. I then copy the zip file from the email on to my desktop and manually load the PQ in to my GSAK database. Then I run the GenUploadStats macro to generate the stats and automatically upload them to my profile.