'Cache Report Submitted' email notification.

The Blorenges

When creating a new cache submission I've been around here long enough to realise that I need to un-check that little box marked "Yes, this cache is currently active" while I edit the details of the new listing to get it as I want it.

However...

When I do this I still receive the standard notification cache report email which says

"Thank you for submitting a new cache. We have received the following: (Name and URL to the cache page) Listings are published by volunteers and you can usually expect this to be reviewed within 3 days. Unpublished caches cannot be viewed by the general public. If you wish to view or edit your cache listing in the meantime, please login and use the URL above."

If I was a newish geocacher, working on my first ever cache submission, I would be rather confused by that part in bold. In fact I might even send off an email to my local reviewer along the lines of "I didn't mean to send my cache for review, it's not ready yet, please can you wait for me to get it as I want it."

Could this notification email be better worded for clarity? - Maybe something along the lines of "We see that you are working on cache <details>. Whenever you are ready to have this submission reviewed please remember to tick the "Cache Active" box so that your reviewer can review your new submission" would be clearer?

MrsB ;)

Edited by The Blorenges

When creating a new cache submission I've been around here long enough to realise that I need to un-check that little box marked "Yes, this cache is currently active" while I edit the details of the new listing to get it as I want it.

However...

When I do this I still receive the standard notification cache report email which says

"Thank you for submitting a new cache. We have received the following: (Name and URL to the cache page) Listings are published by volunteers and you can usually expect this to be reviewed within 3 days. Unpublished caches cannot be viewed by the general public. If you wish to view or edit your cache listing in the meantime, please login and use the URL above."

If I was a newish geocacher, working on my first ever cache submission, I would be rather confused by that part in bold. In fact I might even send off an email to my local reviewer along the lines of "I didn't mean to send my cache for review, it's not ready yet, please can you wait for me to get it as I want it."

Could this notification email be better worded for clarity? - Maybe something along the lines of "We see that you are working on cache <details>. Whenever you are ready to have this submission reviewed please remember to tick the "Cache Active" box so that your reviewer can review your new submission" would be clearer?

MrsB ;)

But there's a can't miss message in red type on the cache page saying it can't yet be seen by a reviewer. Isn't that enough?

However...

MrsB ;)

But there's a can't miss message in red type on the cache page saying it can't yet be seen by a reviewer. Isn't that enough?

The point is the email is misleading.

The point is the email is misleading.

Precisely :)

I think that the status information given in the email and that shown on the cache-in-development page should be the same.

Thank you for your consideration.

MrsB