FTF Adoption

Shabin

Ok, so my fiance and I are going to be taking a number of road trips after our up coming wedding. We became premium members to get the cache along a route feature. Our most recent Idea was to place caches along our routes. The problem is that we will be no where near our home co-ords. That is why we thought of the FTF and the cache is yours. Our thought was if you go for FTF you live in that area and our an active geo cacher. Let me know what you think

Ok, so my fiance and I are going to be taking a number of road trips after our up coming wedding. We became premium members to get the cache along a route feature. Our most recent Idea was to place caches along our routes. The problem is that we will be no where near our home co-ords. That is why we thought of the FTF and the cache is yours. Our thought was if you go for FTF you live in that area and our an active geo cacher. Let me know what you think

Placing caches and expecting others to maintain them is not a good idea. There may be cache placement regulations that prevent your cache from being permitted at a park and you will basically dump that issue into someone else's lap. If it turns out to be too close to a leg of a multi or the final coords of a puzzle cache, it won't be approved and now someone will have to go pick up the trash. Of course I'm not sure how anyone one would know where it is since it never got published.

nah, not a good idea.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Who's to say that the FTF would either 1) live anywhere near the cache (by chance, I've gotten FTF's that were hundreds of miles from where I live), or 2) actually want to adopt the cache?

Also, considering the quality of the caches I've seen that were dropped off by people on various road trips, I would personally be hesitant to even want to call them my own.

From the cache listing requirements:

It may be difficult to fulfill your maintenance obligations if you place a cache while traveling on vacation or otherwise outside of your normal caching area. These caches may not be published unless you are able to demonstrate an acceptable maintenance plan.

Since you would not be able to show that you actually had someone who would maintain the cache, it probably would not even be published.