60 CSx For sale

I'll offer you $130, delivered.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=3798546

That's only a little less than you paid for it in January, but now it's used instead of new :blink:

i'm new to the who geocaching scene and have been lusting after this model.

were they on sale a while back for under $150?

Not new...not the 60CSx. Maybe the b&w 60? Three bills is about the going/lowest price on the CSx model.

I'll offer you $130, delivered.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=3798546

That's only a little less than you paid for it in January, but now it's used instead of new :blink:

i'm new to the who geocaching scene and have been lusting after this model.

were they on sale a while back for under $150?

Not new...not the 60CSx. Maybe the b&w 60? Three bills is about the going/lowest price on the CSx model.

ah, now i see. it was an amazon.com limited time deal that people got in on.

Bruce: Yup.

In case anyone still doesn't get it, check the link I gave in post #2.

Amazon has occasionally marked this model way down and he picked one up in January. His asking price now is higher than Amazon's full price even today and nearly 2x what he paid for it - not a deal by any stretch of the imagination.

I know some people HATE it when I butt in like this -- but sometimes buyers and sellers both need to have someone stand up and say "You're kidding, right?"

Amazon has occasionally marked this model way down and he picked one up in January. His asking price now is higher than Amazon's full price even today and nearly 2x what he paid for it - not a deal by any stretch of the imagination.

I know some people HATE it when I butt in like this -- but sometimes buyers and sellers both need to have someone stand up and say "You're kidding, right?"

I thank you for pointing this out. I do the same on another board Im on about 4x4. Honesty is very high on my list, on top.

got it. and i do appreciate it.

thanks

I'm not sure why you guys are trying to spoil his party. Last I remembered, this country still operates on a free enterprise, free market system, (at least for a little longer, current political leadership might alter that, but this is not a forum for political discussions). So what if he purchased it for a really, really good price? It is his right to sell it for whatever the market will allow. If he makes a few bucks, then good for him. That's how our "system" works right now.

Personally, I think his price is too high. You can purchase a brand new one for his asking price. However, if it were about fifty bucks lower, and he posted pictures of it, and it has been used as little as he says, and if I saw the ad two weeks ago . . . I would have purchased his once-used CSx instead of the new Cx that I did, (from Amazon, by the way).

Leave him be. He's entitled to sell his unit for whatever he can get for it, even if it is more than he paid.

Edited by volosong

I'm not sure why you guys are trying to spoil his party. Last I remembered, this country still operates on a free enterprise, free market system, (at least for a little longer, current political leadership might alter that, but this is not a forum for political discussions). So what if he purchased it for a really, really good price? It is his right to sell it for whatever the market will allow. If he makes a few bucks, then good for him. That's how our "system" works right now.

Personally, I think his price is too high. You can purchase a brand new one for his asking price. However, if it were about fifty bucks lower, and he posted pictures of it, and it has been used as little as he says, and if I saw the ad two weeks ago . . . I would have purchased his once-used CSx instead of the new Cx that I did, (from Amazon, by the way).

Leave him be. He's entitled to sell his unit for whatever he can get for it, even if it is more than he paid.

Ditto! I received a unit as a gift. According to Lee Rimar, I should list it as free?? Maybe you are taking the forum name "Garage Sale too literally?" Last I looked, any product is worth as only much as someone is willing to pay for it. I wouldn't pay his asking nor would I wouldn't pay $350 for a rare LP from 1982,...but someone might. If no one wants this item, then it will go unsold or prompt the owner to adjust.

Do some people have nothing better to do with their time?

You're right, it's a free country and you can ask any price you want. And anyone else is free to haggle or point and laugh, as they see fit :D

I'll have to agree with Lee, I've done it myself more then once :laughing:B)

Sure...poke fun all you like. But drawing attention to what someone paid for something has nothing to do with how much they are (trying) to sell it for. As for "haggling" ..maybe refer to the posting guidelines below

Individual negotiationsor information exchanges should take place through private e-mail or telephone correspondence, not on this board.

......poke fun all you like. But drawing attention to what someone paid for something has nothing to do with how much they are (trying) to sell it for.
Actually, I was poking fun him trying to sell it for a few bucks more than you could buy a new one.

That his ONLY OTHER MESSAGE in his history of forum membership was to brag about how cheaply he got it a few months ago was just another giggle. Really, if he had said "I got this for a really good price but don't need it" and offered it for a bargain price -- even with some profit for himself -- I'd say "Good on you, mate!"

But $300 is just silly and I don't mind calling him on it.

Edited by lee_rimar
......poke fun all you like. But drawing attention to what someone paid for something has nothing to do with how much they are (trying) to sell it for.
Actually, I was poking fun him trying to sell it for a few bucks more than you could buy a new one.

That his ONLY OTHER MESSAGE in his history of forum membership was to brag about how cheaply he got it a few months ago was just another giggle. Really, if he had said "I got this for a really good price but don't need it" and offered it for a bargain price -- even with some profit for himself -- I'd say "Good on you, mate!"

But $300 is just silly and I don't mind calling him on it.

I NEVER bragged about how cheaply i got this device. I got in on a sale and decided that a different unit was right for me. This is going on ebay used for $250. Add shipping costs and its even higher. If someone wants to offer me another price, i would consider it. I have seen this unit as high as 399 on other sites.

What I paid for it has nothing to do with what i can sell it for.

I followed the amazon.com link for weeks before I found it at a reduced price. It was quite a pain, but i did get it. If anyone wants to keep on checking amazon till it drops, more power to you.

I NEVER bragged about how cheaply i got this device. I got in on a sale ...This is going on ebay used for $250. Add shipping costs and its even higher.
Okay, I'm sorrry I tweaked your nose so sharply.

But you gotta admit -- when the regular price on Amazon for a new, sealed unit is $295 delivered, and these are going on eBay for $250 -- asking $300 is a bit silly.

I could go $150, I suppose :rolleyes:

Edited by lee_rimar