Key to the Cache 2009!

Wandering Vikings

It's hard to believe it has been almost a year since the first Key came out!

This years design features a 3D front and 2D back of Norse jelling dragons with gemstone eyes and translucent resin. The Key is trackable on geocaching.com and has its own icon.

I will post the sales links tomorrow when orders officially open.

There were some color mix-ups in the sampling process so we are waiting on confirmation that they have fixed the issues before we open up the pre-orders tomorrow,

but being the very impatient person I am I *had* to show off pictures of the samples right away. :)

The correct colors should be Emerald/Green on Copper, Garnet/Red on Gold, Saphire/Blue on Silver and Crystal/Silver glitter on Black Nickel. I'm working on getting some 'edited' pictures up that will show the accurate colors on the right Keys... please know that the colors on this picture are incorrect!

Hope you like them!

key09compsm.jpg

Edited by Sofi and Holmbiorn

The raised tracking number is nice......and a very nice key design. Thanks for sharing.

It really won't be raised! They entered the prefix incorrectly so it shows as part of the mold. That will be taken off and the entire number will be engraved.

It's the 8th in Japan, fairyhoney! Where's my pre-sale?!? ; )

I love your designs too,, most all of your coins,, im still working on getting the final peices to the sun and moon, but i love this one too. how long are your presales? for some reason your coins hit when im outta cash. ill have to add this one to the seeking list too. i love copper but the black nickle looks way good!!

congrats on the new coin.

I love your designs too,, most all of your coins,, im still working on getting the final peices to the sun and moon, but i love this one too. how long are your presales? for some reason your coins hit when im outta cash. ill have to add this one to the seeking list too. i love copper but the black nickle looks way good!!

congrats on the new coin.

Thanks DJJ!

We run pre-orders for generally a week to guage demand. At that point we will place the order using the current sales numbers to guesstimate the coins popularity. Then we will keep the pre-order open until the coins are in hand or that guesstimated number runs out- which ever comes first!

Last years Key sold out of LE's in two weeks, but there were some SE's in-stock for about a month and a half.

Hope that helps!

Everything is coming along nicely!

We are to the point of ordering codes and an icon....

We have come up with three different choices for the icon, and are having a hard time choosing.

so... why not put it to a vote, and pick the most popular one.

Icon #1

2009icon32.jpg

Icon #2

09icon32.jpg

Icon #3

2009keyicon32.jpg

Please, vote for the one you like best.

-OR-

Choice #4

If none of the above icons do it for you, design one for us!

(post it here and email us a copy)

If your Icon design is the one picked we will reward you with a set of the keys!

Voting and icons submissions are open from now until Monday april 20th, as we are planning to order the codes and custom icon no later than april 21st.

Thanks, and have fun!

We have come up with three different choices for the icon, and are having a hard time choosing.

Icon #1

2009icon32.jpg

Icon #2

09icon32.jpg

Icon #3

2009keyicon32.jpg

-OR-

Choice #4

If your Icon design is the one picked we will reward you with a set of the keys!

Voting and icons submissions are open from now until Monday april 20th, as we are planning to order the codes and custom icon no later than april 21st.

Thanks, and have fun!

Here's a design combining a bit of the originals. If you like it, I can invest some more time in it.

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42/wa...lingDragons.jpg

Icon #1

2009icon32.jpg

Icon #2

09icon32.jpg

Icon #3

2009keyicon32.jpg

-OR-

Choice #4

Thanks, and have fun!

Here's a design combining a bit of the originals. If you like it, I can invest some more time in it.

Nature-Seeker... FYI I get a photobucket Exception Error when I click your link

Icon #1

2009icon32.jpg

Icon #2

09icon32.jpg

Icon #3

2009keyicon32.jpg

-OR-

Choice #4

Thanks, and have fun!

Nature-Seeker... FYI I get a photobucket Exception Error when I click your link

Sorry, I'm not exactly sure how to do that but the picture is down there for eveybody to see. :laughing:

Just wanted to give everyone an update-

The coins were ordered last week and codes were ordered today. Well over half of the coins we are ordering have been sold, so if you are still interested in the full set please keep in mind that it looks like they may sell out during the pre-order period.

Speaking with the mint tonight, I was told that the coins will be here earlier than expected! Estimated delivery has now been moved up to early in the first week of May. :laughing:

The votes for the icon were tallied up and #2 is the winner 09icon32.jpg we appreciate everyone who gave us their input. :laughing:

Thanks for your support!