Vinyl Travel Bug for Vehicles

careyidaho

Basically when people come across the bug stuck to your car they will log a Discover on it. No Grabbing or Retrieving since they won't be taking it with them. (You hope)

You can log it through caches that it has visited provided your car can get close enough. Events are probably the easiest to get to. Some people just put the metal tag on their car keys so the bug 'comes with them' to the cache site.

Well, let's put it this way. You need to have at least visited the cache yourself to be able to log a bug through it.

Thanks, kind of what I thought. I will be grabbing mostly stuff that I drive to anyway. I'm not planning any 3 or 4 mile hikes to a cache and if I was I wouldn't have dipped those.

I was just wondering if there was an unwritten rule, like within 100 yards or a 1/2 mile or something.

Well, let's put it this way. You need to have at least visited the cache yourself to be able to log a bug through it.

Thanks, kind of what I thought. I will be grabbing mostly stuff that I drive to anyway. I'm not planning any 3 or 4 mile hikes to a cache and if I was I wouldn't have dipped those.

I was just wondering if there was an unwritten rule, like within 100 yards or a 1/2 mile or something.

I'm strict concerning travelers so I'll only log a bug that I can at least wave over the top of an open container. Logging a bug for being in the proximity starts pushing the boundaries of virtual logging.

Is there a way to search for the bug number or if someone wants to log it w/out going through a cache? I'm not sure how to log it w/out going through a cache. My boyfriend was going to be the first to log the find on it, since he's riding shotgun on most of our outtings... lol. Sorry, but like i said, i'm pretty new at this, not really sure how it all works... it's all a learning process in the works. Ha! We've got some other TB and geocoins that we're greating ready to log and launch as well as a few caches we're working on making out in my area...

Basically when people come across the bug stuck to your car they will log a Discover on it. No Grabbing or Retrieving since they won't be taking it with them. (You hope)

You can log it through caches that it has visited provided your car can get close enough. Events are probably the easiest to get to. Some people just put the metal tag on their car keys so the bug 'comes with them' to the cache site.

Is there a way to search for the bug number or if someone wants to log it w/out going through a cache? I'm not sure how to log it w/out going through a cache. My boyfriend was going to be the first to log the find on it, since he's riding shotgun on most of our outtings... lol. Sorry, but like i said, i'm pretty new at this, not really sure how it all works... it's all a learning process in the works. Ha! We've got some other TB and geocoins that we're greating ready to log and launch as well as a few caches we're working on making out in my area...

I'm not quite sure what you mean. I have a car travel bug that the number is pasted right there on the car. If you walk up to it you could write the number down, go to the bug page and log a Discover. You don't have to log it through a cache to be able to do that.

When someone comes across your bug they would write the number down. Then they would go to http://www.geocaching.com/track/ and enter in the tracking number. That'll pull up the bug page. Then select Found It? Log it! and under Type of log: they would select Discover it.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I'm strict concerning travelers so I'll only log a bug that I can at least wave over the top of an open container. Logging a bug for being in the proximity starts pushing the boundaries of virtual logging.

My one exception to what BlueDeuce said is I will log my truck into an event, even if I can't wave it over the top of the building ;), but it does have to make it to the parking lot.

My one exception to what BlueDeuce said is I will log my truck into an event, even if I can't wave it over the top of the building :D, but it does have to make it to the parking lot.

You can log it through caches that it has visited provided your car can get close enough. Events are probably the easiest to get to.

I hear ya! ;)

I recently got one for my car and I'm trying to decide which window to put in in where it would be seen the most. I was thinking about the back window but don't know if the rear window defroster would damage it. Does anyone have any experience putting it there? Otherwise I would put it on one of the rear side windows, but there again, which side would be the best for people spotting it?

I recently got one for my car and I'm trying to decide which window to put in in where it would be seen the most. I was thinking about the back window but don't know if the rear window defroster would damage it. Does anyone have any experience putting it there? Otherwise I would put it on one of the rear side windows, but there again, which side would be the best for people spotting it?

Read past my initial response. (It's...uhm, un-right)

TB window sticker & window defroster

you can check mine out and i use it to keep track of my mialage

when ever i find a cache i drop it in when i do my log and then go pull it out... it takes an extra step especially since i average slightly over two caches a day

i got mine about two hundred caches in so i went to all my old finds and posted a note .... dropped the bug and retrieved it 200 plus times ... then some of the cache owners opted to delete my note but the mileage stays .... you can check it out on my profile if you wan t