Captain Zulu's geocoin collection is for sale!

Captain Zulu

Hello everybody!

I have decided to stop collecting geocoins and to sell almost all of them. I've been collecting coins since March 2005 and of late I have noticed that I'm losing interest in them. So I'll only keep some coins that I really cannot part from.

You can find my collection on both cointracking.com and geocoincollection.com.

All coins in both my availables lists and keepers lists are for sale, exept those marked 'Not for sale'.

All coins are unactivated and uncirculated, exept those marked otherwise. Most activated coins are uncirculated as well and will be adopted out to their new owners.

I have chosen not to mention prices. If you are interested in one or more coins then offer me a good price for it/them. It is no use to make me an unrealistic offer as I myself am quite familiar with actual prices of geocoins. I'll neglect unrealistic or insufficient offers and if you have not received a positive reaction from my part within 24 hours then you may have made me such an offer.

The new owner of a geocoin will be the first person to make me an offer that I think is sufficient for it. A coin will be shipped to its new owner as soon as full payment including shipping costs (the real cost of the stamps only!) will have been received. I only accept PayPal! Shipping is at the buyer's risk, but registered shipping is possible at the buyer's request.

I hope you will have a great time exploring my geocoin collection! Please send me your offers in a PM through my profile. Thank you!

Dick / Captain Zulu

Swifterbant, Netherlands

Capt. some do not know very well the price of some coins,,mabie to help your sales you could send a counter offer to those who you would not reply. just a thought, i havent sent an offer yet as i would like to know if they are still available,, i hope thats ok and i do not get ignored thx

Hello everybody!

I have decided to stop collecting geocoins and to sell almost all of them. I've been collecting coins since March 2005 and of late I have noticed that I'm losing interest in them. So I'll only keep some coins that I really cannot part from.

You can find my collection on both cointracking.com and geocoincollection.com.

All coins in both my availables lists and keepers lists are for sale, exept those marked 'Not for sale'.

All coins are unactivated and uncirculated, exept those marked otherwise. Most activated coins are uncirculated as well and will be adopted out to their new owners.

I have chosen not to mention prices. If you are interested in one or more coins then offer me a good price for it/them. It is no use to make me an unrealistic offer as I myself am quite familiar with actual prices of geocoins. I'll neglect unrealistic or insufficient offers and if you have not received a positive reaction from my part within 24 hours then you may have made me such an offer.

The new owner of a geocoin will be the first person to make me an offer that I think is sufficient for it. A coin will be shipped to its new owner as soon as full payment including shipping costs (the real cost of the stamps only!) will have been received. I only accept PayPal! Shipping is at the buyer's risk, but registered shipping is possible at the buyer's request.

I hope you will have a great time exploring my geocoin collection! Please send me your offers in a PM through my profile. Thank you!

Dick / Captain Zulu

Swifterbant, Netherlands

Hi again, everybody!

I've had some very, very busy days since I started this thread! Not only busy days, but busy evenings as well! Thank you all for your overwhelming interest in a bigger or a smaller part of my collection!

Many coins have been sold already, many others are still available. For coiners who haven't visited my collection yet: have a look at it at geocoincollection.com. There my list is most up-to-date. And I don't edit my list at cointracking.com anymore.

Then: if you want to send me your offers then please do so by email through my profile. I'm not sure, but I think that some messages that have been sent to me as a PM through my profile haven't reached me. I can't remember having received PM's from some people who have posted in the topic and who stated that they had sent me a PM. I'll try and contact them.

Happy bidding! :)

I want peps to know they are bidding agenst someone else if they have offered for the same coin, as i was not under the impression that was happening here.(ebay)

your post reads send offers and i will decline or accept, but that clearly not what is happening here.

you are taking bids and asking peps to up their offers, if they have been outbid.

please be clear in how you are conducting this sale. :)

as i would have never sent an offer(its really a bid) if i knew you were conducting your sales in this manner. as i do not like closed bidding.

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

I want peps to know they are bidding agenst someone else if they have offered for the same coin, as i was not under the impression that was happening here.(ebay)

your post reads send offers and i will decline or accept, but that clearly not what is happening here.

you are taking bids and asking peps to up their offers, if they have been outbid.

as i would have never sent an offer(its really a bid) if i knew you were conducting your sales in this manner. as i do not like closed bidding.

:):huh: what do you mean by "peps" and upping the bids if they have been outbid, why didn't we get the same option ????

:):huh: what do you mean by "peps" and upping the bids if they have been outbid, why didn't we get the same option ????

"peps is short for people. i dunno why you did not have that option ,,,, i sent an offer,, and said if this is too small please send me a counter offer to sell me the coins ,,, instead i was told one coin specificly was more then my bid on 3 coins togeather, and if i wanted it, to send another offer,,, is that not bidding?

i just asked to be removed from the bidding ,, as i do not do closed bidding wars. if i wanted to bid on a coin i would goto ebay.

its no offence to the op i just wish he woulda been more clear on how the sales/bidding were conducted. i woulda have knowen from the get go to not bid.

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

I can't see how there was any confusion with the Capt's initial post. He didn't say he would take the first offer to come along for a particular coin. All he said is that he would ignore offers he didn't view as sufficient. If more than one person bid on a coin, of course he would take the higher bid.

And no, he did not contact people to outbid each other. You bid on a group of coins (the daVinci set?) and he told you that each coin had been bid on for more than that amount. I assume he was merely giving you the opportunity to split your bids.

I was given the opportunity to re-bid on one coin of the 66 that I bid on, simply because mine was the high bid, but tied with another's bid. Both of us were given the opportunity to re-bid.

I can't see how there was any confusion with the Capt's initial post. He didn't say he would take the first offer to come along for a particular coin. All he said is that he would ignore offers he didn't view as sufficient. If more than one person bid on a coin, of course he would take the higher bid.

And no, he did not contact people to outbid each other. You bid on a group of coins (the daVinci set?) and he told you that each coin had been bid on for more than that amount. I assume he was merely giving you the opportunity to split your bids.

I was given the opportunity to re-bid on one coin of the 66 that I bid on, simply because mine was the high bid, but tied with another's bid. Both of us were given the opportunity to re-bid.

that is what his orginal post said, it said i will ignore or accept. where was bid in anything? as you said you were given the oppertunity to "re-bid" so your bidding in a closed fashion,,, right?

i dont do bidding so i was throwen off by that. like i said its no offence to the OP i was under a different impression of how he was conducting this. i would have rather been ignored if my "offer" wasent feesible. as thats what i expected due to the posting.

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

I only placed an offer on 1 coin. It was "Dark side of the Cache". I got an email back quickly that said "Ill compare your offer against other offers I recieve for that coin, that I would be informed if I was the winner or not."

I did not win the coin, but I was also never informed of anything, wich I thought was wrong. But I will say that I was never asked to up my offer to try and outbid anyone.

On a side note, Im having a hard time coming to the realization that I will never obtain one of these coins.. lol

I only placed an offer on 1 coin. It was "Dark side of the Cache". I got an email back quickly that said "Ill compare your offer against other offers I recieve for that coin, that I would be informed if I was the winner or not."

I did not win the coin, but I was also never informed of anything, wich I thought was wrong. But I will say that I was never asked to up my offer to try and outbid anyone.

On a side note, Im having a hard time coming to the realization that I will never obtain one of these coins.. lol

there again not what the orginal posting stated.... "The new owner of a geocoin will be the first person to make me an offer that I think is sufficient for it.""<<give the impression that all reasonable offers would be accepted..? but "Ill compare your offer against other offers I recieve for that coin, does not give that impression.

but i can see a big grey area..... it should read the new owner of a geocoin will be the highest offer in a 3 day time span.,,,

i just dident relize it was like that,,is all im saying. so enuff with this. i gotta go clea n the car and do things otherwize good luck on your bids. :)

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

there again not what the orginal posting stated.... "The new owner of a geocoin will be the first person to make me an offer that I think is sufficient for it.""<<give the impression that all reasonable offers would be accepted..? but "Ill compare your offer against other offers I recieve for that coin, does not give that impression.

but i can see a big grey area..... it should read the new owner of a geocoin will be the highest offer in a 3 day time span.,,,

i just dident relize it was like that,,is all im saying. so enuff with this. i gotta go clea n the car and do things otherwize good luck on your bids. :)

Yes, I will admit, when I got the email I was kind of thinking the same thing, I kind of thought if the offer was fair and it was the 1st should it be accepted? And especially when the email exactly stated that I would be informed the same evening if I was the winner of the coin or not. I was not informed, and have to wonder if it was being put against other offers over a period of time. Either way its up to the owner to do what he wants.

Edited by Tha Saint

The original post said "...The new owner of a geocoin will be the first person to make me an offer that I think is sufficient for it...". Most people would probably interpret "sufficient" to mean fair or decent or good but of course it can also mean the highest offer if he thinks that is what is "sufficient". So "The first person to make me a sufficient offer" may well be the last person in a private bidding war. And in such a war you have to take the seller's word in regards to what other people are actually offering. It is not regulated like a propper auction so the buyer has absolutely no protection. I am not implying this seller is behaving disreptuably. He may be an honest man. Unfortunately you cannot know the truth of the situation and that is why IMO Groundspeak should ban this type of activity on their forums. I am surprised they haven't already.

The original post said "...The new owner of a geocoin will be the first person to make me an offer that I think is sufficient for it...". Most people would probably interpret "sufficient" to mean fair or decent or good but of course it can also mean the highest offer if he thinks that is what is "sufficient". So "The first person to make me a sufficient offer" may well be the last person in a private bidding war. And in such a war you have to take the seller's word in regards to what other people are actually offering. It is not regulated like a propper auction so the buyer has absolutely no protection. I am not implying this seller is behaving disreptuably. He may be an honest man. Unfortunately you cannot know the truth of the situation and that is why IMO Groundspeak should ban this type of activity on their forums. I am surprised they haven't already.

It wasn't taking place in the forums, rather over email, until people starting getting upset that he didn't accept their offers and expressed their dismay publicly (IMHO) :laughing:.

A bid is a bid, not necessarily an "auction" bid. It didn't seem to me he was running auctions, just accepting offers if they were to his liking. If they weren't to his liking he waited to see if someone offered him more. If he was running auctions he would have contacted people with bid increases; the lack of that goes to show it isn't an auction. Again, IMHO.

I saw some coins I was interested in, made some offers and they were accepted the next day, so not sure what the behind-the-scenes is, but I'm getting some good ones at a more than fair price with no auction-type bidding going on B)

Thanks Captain, can't wait to see them!

Edited by scavok

It wasn't taking place in the forums, rather over email, until people starting getting upset that he didn't accept their offers and expressed their dismay publicly (IMHO) :rolleyes:.

A bid is a bid, not necessarily an "auction" bid. It didn't seem to me he was running auctions, just accepting offers if they were to his liking. If they weren't to his liking he waited to see if someone offered him more. If he was running auctions he would have contacted people with bid increases; the lack of that goes to show it isn't an auction. Again, IMHO.

I saw some coins I was interested in, made some offers and they were accepted the next day, so not sure what the behind-the-scenes is, but I'm getting some good ones at a more than fair price with no auction-type bidding going on :lol:

Thanks Captain, can't wait to see them!

Congrats to you for winning the bidding, cant wait to see whatcha got.

Just to clear something up on my side,,, Im not sore i did not win or airing my frustrations here, i was just under a different impression of how this worked. I choose to not partake in closed bidding or shuch things similar. so had i knowen i was up agenst 3 days worth of offers i would not have offered for the coins, as i know others are willling to spend some bucks on coins that i would never dream of paying for them. I had thought that if i sent a resonable offer he would accept it, and being its here on the forums i thought he might accept my offer, but after 3 days of others offering on the same coins its only natural for someone else to out bid you even by alot. i was offered to rebid with the knowing of what the other person offered,, and then i can only assume he would go back and let them know what i bid till , and offer them to rebid,till one bowed out.

with that said it was more a misunderstanding on my part or a small lack of information on the op. but all in all im totally fine with the results and did not come here to start a drama, just to mabie help others understand that they are bidding agenst other coiners for the coins, witch now sounds like not all the transactions were handled this way, eather way i asked to be tooken out of the bidding. and again i need to say this is no offence to the capt. he can handle his selling of coins anyway he chooses, i just choose not to be apart of it, due to personal prefrence. carry on, and sorry for the disruption.

...i was told one coin specificly was more then my bid on 3 coins togeather, and if i wanted it, to send another offer,,, is that not bidding?...

Sounds like bidding to me

" i was offered to rebid with the knowing of what the other person offered,, "

sounds like bidding to me too,, but i now see not all the transactions were handled in such a manner.

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

...i was told one coin specificly was more then my bid on 3 coins togeather, and if i wanted it, to send another offer,,, is that not bidding?...

Sounds like bidding to me

I would take it as the guy just telling me my offer was out of league. Ah well, I'm not psychic and can't tell whats going on otherwise, but for my transaction anyway it went just as the initial post described. Too bad it went sour for others.

My previous post meant no harm, just pointing that its not like TPTB should ban his sale or anything (:

I wouldn't partake in a blind bidding war either. Now I guess I'm just glad the coins I was interested in weren't sought by others!! :rolleyes:

with that said it was more a misunderstanding on my part or a small lack of information on the op.

Neither. It all hinged on the use of the ambigious word "sufficient". If you are an employee you will probably find this word in your employment contract. eg "The employee shall do what is deemed sufficient by the employer in regards to this and this and this and this and this". It is legal to use the term but you are in your right to challenge it (wherever you see it used). If you see the word appear more than once in a contract run for the hills :rolleyes:

with that said it was more a misunderstanding on my part or a small lack of information on the op.

Neither. It all hinged on the use of the ambigious word "sufficient". If you are an employee you will probably find this word in your employment contract. eg "The employee shall do what is deemed sufficient by the employer in regards to this and this and this and this and this". It is legal to use the term but you are in your right to challenge it (wherever you see it used). If you see the word appear more than once in a contract run for the hills :rolleyes:

Ha ha, I have seen that. I was looking to see if any employers would be willing to pay my student loans off in exchange for a time/term contract. Almost all of the offers incude 'sufficient' availability to work at different locations. Came to find out it meant that if they had a location at the North Pole they probably would have sent me there. Scrap that idea...

My previous post meant no harm, just pointing that its not like TPTB should ban his sale or anything (:

No harm taken but I do think private bidding should be banned for the reasons I gave. At the end of the day that is up to Groundspeak to decide.

...I was looking to see if any employers would be willing to pay my student loans off in exchange for a time/term contract. Almost all of the offers incude 'sufficient' availability to work at different locations. Came to find out it meant that if they had a location at the North Pole they probably would have sent me there. Scrap that idea...

:rolleyes:

Edited by haysonics

yes that is where the big grey area is ,i was talking about,, hahahaa good call.

Ha ha, I have seen that. I was looking to see if any employers would be willing to pay my student loans off in exchange for a time/term contract. Almost all of the offers incude 'sufficient' availability to work at different locations. Came to find out it meant that if they had a location at the North Pole they probably would have sent me there. Scrap that idea...

a Scavok elf,,,,lol,,humm sounds like a new coin to me,,,,lol