User failed to log TB drop off

Stormflex

Just as background - I started this TB for my young daughter so we could enjoy watching its travels via Google Earth. Unfortunately, after on a relatively short time out there, this has been messed up a bit already.

A user retrieved the TB from a cache in the UK with a note saying they would take it to Mallorca. The next I heard was from a second user saying that they had "grabbed it" in Mallorca and were now taking it to Germany.

From looking at both of their cache logs I can see where it was dropped and retrieved from but unfortunately the original user failed to log that they had dropped it off.

So now, when I look on Google Earth the TB still shows up as being in the UK. And, I assume when it makes it to Germany the line will then link from UK to Germany and miss out Mallorca.

Is there anyway I can change this? Can I register the TB in/out of the Mallorca cache?

Thanks for any advise.

Stormflex

Start messing with it like that and you make it harder for me to research. :)

You have the general idea on how to do the back-logging but I hope you worked out Grabbing it away from the current holder. They'll need to Grab it back from you.

Either the current holder could have done the back-logging by posting a note on the cache they found it in and Retrieving it back out, (Really they should have done that after Grabbing it) or you Grab it from them, Post a note on the missing cache and Drop the bug in with the correct date. (You can immediately delete the cache note and the bug tracking will stay accurate.) Retrieve the bug back out and then the current holder Grabs it back from you.

Personally I like to wait until the bug is sitting in a cache to do the back-logging. It's quicker and you can delete the proper logs so that it is cleaner on the bug page.

If you do communicate with the current holder please let them know not to post tracking numbers any where on line. People do look for these numbers and log the bug inappropriately. He can use the reference number which is located on the upper left hand side of the bug page. It will reference the bug without letting people log it.

Please let me know if you need anything clarified.

Edited by BlueDeuce