TOPO U.S. 24K Southwest DVD

I just got mine from megagps.com. Same maps as the microSD version, but have them on the computer. Can view them in both MapSource and BaseCamp, although BaseCamp has some technical issues-- as has been discussed in other posts.

Software does not require an unlock code, so if you have a second GPS or get another GPS in the future you can also load the maps on those units. Was able to load the maps onto my Oregon 400t with no problems-although not all four states. Requires 3.2 GB for all four states on the DVD, so I selected which map sections I wanted. I previously had the two state 24k micro SD card, but much prefer having the ability to fill my 2GB card with CityNavigator maps and these 24k maps.

Can view them in both MapSource and BaseCamp,

Oh, now that is interesting. Did you install the DVD and it just showed up im MapSource? Or did you have to do something to get it into Mapsource? It is nice to know it does not need an unlock code.

Jim

Can view them in both MapSource and BaseCamp,

Oh, now that is interesting. Did you install the DVD and it just showed up im MapSource? Or did you have to do something to get it into Mapsource? It is nice to know it does not need an unlock code.

Jim

I already had MapSource installed. The DVD installs BaseCamp and a newer type version of MapInstall. I didn't have to do anything to get it to show up in MapSource, just selected the product in the MapSource pull down menu. I am actually quite happy with it, it is so nice to have these maps available to review on the computer for waypoints and tracks.

Software does not require an unlock code, so if you have a second GPS or get another GPS in the future you can also load the maps on those units.

That's not what Garmin has been saying. Can you verify by loading to a second unit?

I previously had the two state 24k micro SD card, but much prefer having the ability to fill my 2GB card with CityNavigator maps and these 24k maps.

My understanding is that the 24K maps include City Navigator data.

Software does not require an unlock code, so if you have a second GPS or get another GPS in the future you can also load the maps on those units.

That's not what Garmin has been saying. Can you verify by loading to a second unit?

I previously had the two state 24k micro SD card, but much prefer having the ability to fill my 2GB card with CityNavigator maps and these 24k maps.

My understanding is that the 24K maps include City Navigator data.

Yes, have successfully loaded it onto my 60CSx too. Southwest DVD does have CN 2009 mixed in, the same as the microSD cards, but is limited to the four state region of the DVD. I like to have the entire USA of City Nav loaded on the Oregon, so I have the space to do that now. DVD package says it contains Navteq. No unlock coupon or anything like that was included either. I was surprised too. :)